What did you do to your car today?

^^^^^Is that part of a scooter?

Detailed the sh*t outta the Aurion for use as a wedding car on the weekend, still wouldn't be anywhere near Daryl or Andrew's standards, but I'm pretty happy none the less. :D

Its my hektik breaker bar, its basically a huge breaker bar that i jammed a scooter front end onto to make it even longer...

Filled it to the brim with BP Ultimate,also filled my washer bottle and added some RainX washer additive.

remounted my sub box & amp board to the body of the car with some larger gauge screws,also upped my rebound/dampening settings both front & rear and checked my tyre pressures allround.

cleaned & vac the interior and gave her a new smelly refill.

disassembled and painted my headlights black. Looks good except the headlight I cleaned with wax'n'grease remover on the inside, which is now showing some awful streaking once the lights are on. Have to bite the bullet and pull it apart again to clean properly. :(

Otherwise it looks Horn!

It's not so much what I did today, but what I did yesterday... though I did some work today.

Yesterday/today I disabled my TC, VSC, and as a side effect... my ABS without the need of the brake pedal dance etc needed for these cars. More details available here. It was meant to be a whole switchable setup so it is only disabled on demand, but unforeseen time restrictions left it in the off state. When presenting myself with the option to leave it in either the on or off state while I wait for some spare time to put the switch in, I ultimately chose the 'off' state for the fun of it. After all, with all the liquid horsepower that is being distributed around Brisbane, it seems like a nice time.

In the meantime, it's purely driver control.

Tarago - Had it's turn at Service (Corolla was last Friday and Camry is next week)

Camry - Picked up a set of Grande chrome exterior door handles

Corolla - Ordered the facelift ZRE Levin ZR A/C panel(the one that goes on top of the dash tp put air to th back)

Corolla - Ordered the facelift ZRE Levin ZR A/C panel(the one that goes on top of the dash tp put air to th back)

Nice one,long time no hear, hope all is well :)

What about whats under the dash like vents and stuff? direct replacement for the SX panel or is there more involved?

Camry - Looked at it, thought about fixing the exhaust leak.

Aurion - Moved out of the garage so i could put the new headunit in the Falcon.

Falcon - Put new cheapy JVC headunit it, for the drive to work, total pain in the ****, f*ck i hate Fords.

*EDIT* Found the exhaust leak...a bolt fell out :angry: Also seems i have an oil leak from the timing case area. :(

Edited by trentmeyer23

Washed the car, applied 1 layer of Autoglym Extra Gloss protection and 1 layer of collinite wax. Also pumped up the tyres.

Stupid cloth i bought to wipe my car with had some weird soap the removed all my wax and gloss layers. Wasn't beading in the rain and i was :( :( :( :( so had to rewax.

Nice one,long time no hear, hope all is well :)

What about whats under the dash like vents and stuff? direct replacement for the SX panel or is there more involved?

Not sure will find out when I change it over. The Toyota GPS install manuals from Europe show there being two types of duct one I have seen onfor front only and one for front and rear though some of the images of Aust cars show the ducting is compatable. Interestingly in Japan it is only the 1.5L Auris that have the flow to the back and not the 1.8s no idea why though

Edited by jps137

Fiddled with the LS430 today..Installed new carbon air condish filter, MTec 6,000k D2C bulbs (low beam) and IPF XP-50 6000k 3w SMD T10's (parkers). Had Tanabe springs installed yesterday. 25mm drop at the front, 30mm at the rear. Smooth, beautiful springs. Only 10-15% firmer than OEM. Sharper steering, better braking, nice and smooth still.

Hanging for my Klouds, Dammmit!

Today I did my routine 10,000km oil change and while I was at it, I did a front to rear wheel rotation. In the process I gave the car a sparking clean as well as the wheels since I had them off.

Fitting the front drivers side wheel though is when shit hit the fan and the neighbours would have overheard quite a bit of profanity. Set the torque wrench to 76Nm like I am meant to, and then this:

di-012956884907.jpg

Sigh... stupid weak piece of s*** wheel stud.

Optimising my sound system and the stupid neighbour came out complaining. My car BITCH i can do whatever i want you POS while your stupid dog barks in the middle of the night every night and you don't see me complaining.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

^^^^^Is that part of a scooter?

Detailed the sh*t outta the Aurion for use as a wedding car on the weekend, still wouldn't be anywhere near Daryl or Andrew's standards, but I'm pretty happy none the less. :D

Did you use it for a wedding at cleveland point?

Pffft. Andrew's standards way surpass mine.

Just read this.

That is complete rubbish; your standards are way higher. I don't blow in my sideview mirrors, take my wheels off nor open the bonnet for better water access or cleaning! :clap: