What did you do to your car today?

ive had really good results with autoglym super resin polish... to my eyes it made my white a lot glossier..

Does anyone know a good place in Sydney where you can get Autoglym?

Cheers

You can get Autoglym from Autobarn, SCA or Repco. Just wait for a sale. From memory the best sale was from repco where you buy any 3 products of Autoglym and save 30%.

Glued in a bit of door trim that has a broken clip and re-trimmed the centre console container lid in leather that matches my handbrake boot.

Amazing how a couple of small changes makes a huge visual difference to the interior of your car.

That lid was a bitch to do, the leather I had wasnt cut right (too big, covered screw holes), so I had to make my own adjustments with my trusty Vitorinox multitool. Fkn superglue on my fingertips is so annoying.

Well today I started off at about 1am with a high-speed bedding-in of my front EBC Red Stuff. EBC recommended to drive with light brake usage for the first 500 miles or so then once you are confident that it has mated well, then to do a moderate speed bed-in. Boy were these pads noisy as f*** during the first 600km or so, but the other week I did a moderate speed bed-in and it reduced the squeals by what I would estimate to be greater than 50%. After that though, it still squealed every so often... but even worse was that it squealed on and off while cruising down the highway. Such an embarrassment. So this morning I did a high-speed bed-in and I would say that this has further reduced the remaining squeals by more than 75%. The highway squealing seems to be gone now... hopefully.

Then, because I didn't get around to fitting my rear pads the other day, I figured I would get to that today. I also figured I would do a little more. So in addition to the pads I got the other day, this is what else I picked up:

di-2128841882815.jpg

Now while and after buying the oil, I got this really odd feeling. Not the feeling like I spent way more money than I should have (my poor bank account), but the clearly obvious 'issue' that can be seen from the packaging of the oil. Those that know the Aurion know that they recommend a 10W-30 oil. Now I'm not expert in oil, but a 0W-50 oil doesn't really seem like something I would normally consider putting in my car where it recommends a 10W30. Penrite are a little funny though from the looks of it. It would seem that this oil is actually a 0W-40 because of that 'Extra ten' thing, but it still has me a little conscious.

It does say on it's packaging that it is suitable for use where a 10W30 oil is recommended, and this is the oil that they have under their recommended oils list on their site for this car. I'm guessing though that I'm probably not the first because they had a Penrite document attached to the shelf where the oils are explaining the oil weights etc with respect to protection. I'm still a little conscious of this not being a good oil, but regardless, I still got it. So I guess I will soon find out.

Not my car, but kind of my car :)

Serviced my relo's Sportivo. Far out, the last service was 10,000K ago. The oil came out absolutely filthy. It was like they filled the car up with coke, it was that bad.

Needless to say, an oil filter change and Penrite HPR5 fixed that.

Serviced my relo's Sportivo. Far out, the last service was 10,000K ago. The oil came out absolutely filthy. It was like they filled the car up with coke, it was that bad.

I bet if you dropped the oil after 5000km or so, it would still look about the same.

I bet if you dropped the oil after 5000km or so, it would still look about the same.

When I dropped the oil in my car and it was after 7000KM, it wasn't that bad. But I understand where you are coming from. It could possibly be that bad as well after 5000K.

You know, funny when I took my car to a dealer for an oil change today they weren't interested even though it's done 10600kms.

They said to bring it back after 15000kms :unsure:

You know, funny when I took my car to a dealer for an oil change today they weren't interested even though it's done 10600kms.

Just do the oil change yourself in between then. Not hard to do.

Let us know how the SIN goes Darryl... knew a a few guys that ran it in 4AG's for some ungodly reason, like you the Penrite site states HPR5 to be the most suited oil to a 2ZZ motor so thats what i use. Ive ran different grades of Penrite for 5 years now with no hassles. I just can't put a zero into my motor, plus the cost ...

Anyways i gave a new product a crack on my leather interior with cracking results. It's a silicon free spray made by a company called 303 and is named aerospace protectant which is really over the top but it's the best stuff ive used behind the turtle spray product Blind Kid Seeks showed me. Might get under the car today and fit the rear sway bar sitting in the shed for it , other than that go and grab the bits and complete the dizzy rebuild on the AE82's Motor.

Most likely because you're on the Advantage Plan so you have to stick to the schedule planned by Toyota...

Had her in between service done today at Jocaro Motorsport...Castrol Edge Sport 5w/30 & genuine filter and a basic checkover,found my RHR coilover is weeping so needs replacing under wty and they think it could use another wheel alignment...fark that will be the 4th or 5th alignment since i bought it 18 months ago. :(

a little surprised about the coilover weeping,they are not that old and have done bugger all km's. :(

Replaced my old Roadstone(Nexen) crap stone tyres with Bridgestone RE001 tyres. Quieter, smoother and GRIPS better.

One thing i noticed was the sidewall had little info on it. I know the UTQG ratings of RE001 are A A 220 but i couldn't find it on the wall. Odd

Tyres were also 2 years old :( but that doesn't matter.

Also had to drop the psi from 42/38 to 38/34. Noticed that contact area decreased so had to drop for safety.

I payed $137.50 for 225/60R16.