What did you do to your car today?

The TRD T5s look nice on the Stivo! =D

Update - Going nowhere fast... Apparently I might get it back tomorrow...

they are actually TRD T3 sports ..... shame they are now discontinued

whats happening with your beast ?

Installed eyelids. Bit disappointed with fitment. And I'm less than impressed with my paint finish, so I'll probably rip 'em off over the next couple weeks and respray.

Performed my 30,000km service as per the log book, changing over the factory dino oil for some fully synthetic Fuchs oil.

Due to the low k's on this car before I bought it, the services were performed by time, not distance. Thus, the last service was the 37,500km (30 month) service and the next dealer service is the 45,000km (36 month) service. Since it has now reached 30,000km, it just feels wrong waiting for the next service in a couple of months time, so I performed every required of the 30,000km service to keep myself happy.

Also did the Toyota A/C cleaning and anti-bacterial treatment (holding my breath real good), and took some time to fix up my lower mesh which was starting to come a little loose.

What I did yesterday: Put my new plates on

What I did today: Oil change, front brake pads, and Cara is currently in the process of re-wiring her head-deck and speakers. After that, I get to do another oil change, if I can be bothered (and if she decides she wants to take it to Bathurst tomorrow)

Some goodies arrive ........

P1000891.jpg

P1000892.jpg

Took it to get fitted immediately and did wheel alignment while at it. Drives sooooooooo good now its not funny anymore.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Those who've been to my place most probably know my driveway is kinda steep so when the delivery guy tried to exit, he had quite some troubles ....

P1000893.jpg

P1000894-1.jpg

What a dooche!!! All I could hear from inside my house were the non stop tyre screeching ..... and came out to see that ... <_<

:o

Some goodies arrive ........

What a dooche!!! All I could hear from inside my house were the non stop tyre screeching ..... and came out to see that ... <_<

Hahahahahahaha

Engine bay clean, cleaned up the windscreen cowl and removed the strut brace.

Finally recieved my nose drive seal from Harrop Engineering today so I should have the supercharger fixed up tomorrow.

Bumper off..... 6000k HIDs fitted in foggies and lowbeams..... bumper on.... quick spin round town.....

$100 well spent! :D

Edited by Paradigm

Finally got a TRD CAI for my Sportivo :yahoo: - after years of procrastinating!!

Many thanks to anf0 for a great deal, top bloke!

Now to get to installing it soon...

Edited by IMB055

Some goodies arrive ........]

Took it to get fitted immediately and did wheel alignment while at it. Drives sooooooooo good now its not funny anymore.

does ABS still kick in when u park your car in the driveway? :P

Those who've been to my place most probably know my driveway is kinda steep so when the delivery guy tried to exit, he had quite some troubles ....

HAHA :D

changed the sportivo cluster to the levin cluster yesterday, something different than the full red :)

Funny thing today about my hids. Finally found a shop that sells D2S bulbs so asked how much they were. They said $100 for a pair of 8000k "their own" brand which is a full blown rip off as you can get a set for like $30 on ebay. Furthermore I was actually wanting 6000k as I didnt want them to be too blue since I dont know what the po po is like down there. But since I needed them urgently, as one was starting to switch itself off when hitting rough bumps on the road, I decided to get them. So as I started to install them at home, I noticed they looked a little different to the ebay generic ones. Didnt pay much attention to it as I thought it may have just been a new design. Installed the first one and tested it. It started out white like 6000k and then went yellowish, and I was like WTF. Looked at the second bulb in the pack and noticed it said "Philips - Made in Germany" and had the product code 85122+. This means that I managed to buy these genuine HID bulbs for cheap! Only downside is that, it's yellowish tinged (similar to the beemers and accord euro hid colours) but you can see everything better.

Funny thing today about my hids. Finally found a shop that sells D2S bulbs so asked how much they were. They said $100 for a pair of 8000k "their own" brand which is a full blown rip off as you can get a set for like $30 on ebay. Furthermore I was actually wanting 6000k as I didnt want them to be too blue since I dont know what the po po is like down there. But since I needed them urgently, as one was starting to switch itself off when hitting rough bumps on the road, I decided to get them. So as I started to install them at home, I noticed they looked a little different to the ebay generic ones. Didnt pay much attention to it as I thought it may have just been a new design. Installed the first one and tested it. It started out white like 6000k and then went yellowish, and I was like WTF. Looked at the second bulb in the pack and noticed it said "Philips - Made in Germany" and had the product code 85122+. This means that I managed to buy these genuine HID bulbs for cheap! Only downside is that, it's yellowish tinged (similar to the beemers and accord euro hid colours) but you can see everything better.

wow dude thats pretty cheap for the 85122+! they must be brand new and will colourshift after they've clocked some hours on them if i remember correctly...(EDIT: they dont colorshift sorry) they are good for 55w ballasts too.

Edited by chicken

Not my car but I'll post this up for someone totally random. Was driving yesterday and spotted an Aurion pulled over, as a drove closer I realised its a brand new face lift Aurion, and I look to see the dumb lady has nicely hugged the front to a power pole.

Poor poor car :(

Bought new bearings for my C56/C150 hybrid close ratio Echo gearbox yesterday, will be taking some of them back to get the correct ones today. I even gave them the old bearings to match and they still stuffed it up <_<.

New synchros ordered from Toyota. Stared and drooled over my TRD 4.7:1 final drive kit last night. Man am I going to have sore arms changing gears all the time :D

The TRD T5s look nice on the Stivo! =D

Update - Going nowhere fast... Apparently I might get it back tomorrow...

they are actually TRD T3 sports ..... shame they are now discontinued

whats happening with your beast ?

I phailed... :whistling:

Struggled to get her together, succeeded so time will tell if the rebuild was up to my standards...

tried to take off the engine cover today. no luck.

one bolt won't budge! so annoying.

i asked a few people for advice: then i went to Bunnings got some WD-40

the stupid bolt still won't budge. <_<

engine cover as in the plastic engine cover?

Wired up some led strips to my footwell area

DSC_0908.jpg

Friday night - cleaned and vacuumed it the best I could (those who know my car know that it has lead a long hard life)

Saturday - drove down to Sydney for the annual meet, then a drive halfway around the world for a kebab, then home via my brother's place

Today - Fixed the blown tail-light from a week ago; ripped apart, diagnosed and fixed the blown interior light from god-knows how many months ago (got sick of having no interior light), and diagnosed, pulled apart my centre console, rebuilt the cigarette lighter and replaced the blown fuse from yesterday so I could have sound system, clock and charging capabilities (charger for GPS would have been appreciated yesterday on the around-the-world kebab jaunt). Also attempted to fix the error on the headdeck in the Celica so that it would eject the CD (didn't work), fixed some more of the wiring up, and put some new wipers on

Yesterday replaced my rear brake pads with the Bendix General purpose ones .

Today vacuumed the car .. And didnt the car appreciate that .. biggrin.gif .Was Over due , really considering getting Taylor made mats to keep all the grass and crap off the factory carpet ..

Not that sort of grass .. tongue.gif Just the ones off my lawn.

2qmezav.jpg

help my lil sis put this on my car

WTF is with dangling soft toys from the rear bar nowadays ??? Makes a gay statement ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P :P :P :P :P :P

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

2qmezav.jpg

help my lil sis put this on my car

WTF is with dangling soft toys from the rear bar nowadays ??? Makes a gay statement ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P :P :P :P :P :P

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

whatever gets my lil sister off my back :P ahahaahaha but if i get a panda i will be happy