What did you do to your car today?

Decided to give claying a go. Great stuff! I used Mcguiars, real easy but time consuming to use, followed by a wax job. 10 year old paint glistens and looks as good as new. Maybe even better?? Clay does a great job on glass as well, :yahoo: leaves it smooth as silk.. :yahoo:

Dropped my baby off at Lander Toyota Service Center for her 70,000ish service.

WTF is the deal with the service "guarantee" prices going up?

Plus, the dude upsold me on some solvent crap he said will clean out all the old oil in the engine which was $50, have I been swindled?

FYI, getting the intermittent shaft replaced and they said they will look at the creek coming from the gear shifter.

Cant wait to get her back.

Spent about 2 hours installing 6" Kicker coaxials into the zze rear doors.........

Then got keen and threw in the King SL's tooyahoo.gif

Still not sure if i should use the crossovers in the front for the RF splits though idea.gif

did this to my car today... some mofo in front of the car in front of my decide to change his mind on a highway to make a left turn and i slammed into the dude in front of me.

he got a great tow bar protecting his bumper but i tok a big hit... broke my grille into half and tore open my bumper.

my question to experts... can this be repaired or is it better off changing the bumper. If the latter, noe where i can find one for cheap?

p1705101752.th.jpg

did this to my car today... some mofo in front of the car in front of my decide to change his mind on a highway to make a left turn and i slammed into the dude in front of me.

he got a great tow bar protecting his bumper but i tok a big hit... broke my grille into half and tore open my bumper.

my question to experts... can this be repaired or is it better off changing the bumper. If the latter, noe where i can find one for cheap?

p1705101752.th.jpg

Dang that looks nasty :( ...i don't think it's a repairable being plastic and it looks twisted & stretched.

best bet for a cheaper than new would be a wrecker or online somewhere,it will still need spraying if you can't find the same color.

good luck hope it dosn't cost to much to fix. :)

thx... i'm gona do a run around tomorrow and try my luck. otherwise, i will have to replace like you said.

not happy... money could have been put into better use :(

any good websites or noe where i can look for wreckers??

any good websites or noe where i can look for wreckers??

+2 to nasty :(

if ur in the western suburbs, try toyota spare parts off ballarat road deer park, you are BOUND to find something there good to repair it.

good luck mate

On to me now... :P

i just full detailed my bonnet, less swirls the last time i did it. Found that clay wasn't really needed (even it being the most dirtied part of the car) maybe i'll give it a miss on the rest of the car to cut my detailing time down... bonnet took me 1 whole hour :angry: end up with very sore elbows :S

Yesterday i installed :

Pioneer AVIC-F310BT and RF P4004 in my car

Some pics attached

Old Unit and the progress

My Friends

The Unit

post-9489-127431861531_thumb.png

Out of the Box

post-9489-127431867579_thumb.png

Soldered Wires (unlike the last owner of the car)

post-9489-127431881977_thumb.png

Had to remove seat to make life easier

post-9489-127431949564_thumb.png

Amp ready to go in

post-9489-127431915982_thumb.png

Amp In

post-9489-127431943565_thumb.png

The result (Should have taken a better photo but was too tired)

post-9489-12743193904_thumb.png

4 Hours later happy with the result but was too tired to pack up or Tune unit.

Other photos that i didnt include were of Sub , The 4AG wiring in the engine bay the Ipod cable in the centre console area.

Yesterday I had a big day. But in the morning I dropped my baby to the dealer and got the aircon treatment done. It no longer smells like crap now and no more fogging up! Really happy with this service.

At the same time they replaced the light bulb in my T-bar AND they replaced the light that lights up the black part at the gear changer. It's no longer a green colour but like the colour of a torch. It looks very nice and less dodgy instead of that ugly green light. This was done free of charge!

Also, I never told them but they must have fixed the squeak when I would change gears. The gear lever squeaked a bit. They must have picked up on it when changing the light bulb and taking the centre console off. No more squeak from that now.

Very happy with everything, I think I'm in love with my car. knock on wood she is 99% PERFECT. More better then when out of the factory!

the only 1% I'll get the transmission flushed. :wub:

Edited by unique

Installed some more padding to my roll cage to keep the fuzz happy (well, happier anyway). Finally hooked the Terratrip up to the speed signal and calibrated it on an exact kilometre that has been measured out near me.

Fixed up a leaking coolant pipe down the lower half of the radiator, all that needed to be done was tighten the clamp :D

now i can run boost safely again :yahoo:

Evo

Debadged her today, now working on the ONE coilover. This one wont budge. soaked it in wd40, chucked the C spanners on and hammered it with a hammer to get it going..no dice. Bought some product that freezes the metal which contracts the metal therefore it should move so i can adjust the height... no not working either.

Any advice? The car is right next to me atm

Any advice?

You need someone like this:

ronnie-coleman-foto.jpg

:lol: Would probably snap the strut in half.

I'm not sure about the dynamics of adjusting the coilover, but I would assume that the spring is applying pressure onto the adjusting ring part? If so, what about putting some spring compressors on to take the pressure off it. Unless spring compressors should never touch a coilover; I'm not sure.

In keeping with the thread, what did I do to my car today? Sweet f*** all. I drove her in the rain and dirtied her up after washing her yesterday.

This was more a what did I do to my car yesterday. But I decided to mount the GoPro HD HERO Camera in some external places on the Aurion instead of inside. I must say dispite the road surface I drove on (our roads are crap), it held up pretty well. Hardly any bumps or wobbles on the Camera and the suction cup mount rocks! :D

So I made a

because I never actually heard my exhaust at wide open throttle under load at all since I got the exhaust haha. So I decided to try mount the GoPro on the rear bumper and see what it would be like. It wasn't too bad. :)

Any advice?

You need someone like this:

ronnie-coleman-foto.jpg

:lol: Would probably snap the strut in half.

I'm not sure about the dynamics of adjusting the coilover, but I would assume that the spring is applying pressure onto the adjusting ring part? If so, what about putting some spring compressors on to take the pressure off it. Unless spring compressors should never touch a coilover; I'm not sure.

In keeping with the thread, what did I do to my car today? Sweet f*** all. I drove her in the rain and dirtied her up after washing her yesterday.

Hey Dj , is this muscle for Hire ??

Whats the going rate for odd work around the house . Some mowing the lawn sort of stuff .. :lol:

This was more a what did I do to my car yesterday. But I decided to mount the GoPro HD HERO Camera in some external places on the Aurion instead of inside. I must say dispite the road surface I drove on (our roads are crap), it held up pretty well. Hardly any bumps or wobbles on the Camera and the suction cup mount rocks! :D

So I made a

because I never actually heard my exhaust at wide open throttle under load at all since I got the exhaust haha. So I decided to try mount the GoPro on the rear bumper and see what it would be like. It wasn't too bad. :)

Favourite part was from 28seconds to about 45 seconds :P