What did you do to your car today?

Inspecting rear brakes and the stupid socket slipped, punched myself in the head, then recoiled and hit my head on the inside of the wheel arch, then recoiled forward and smacked my nose on the brake heat shield, then recoiled once more into the wheel arch. **** it hurt. Top tip, don't head butt your car 3 times and punch yourself in the head :lol:

Changed the front pads on the 102 over as they were down to the wear indicators, basically made two good sets out of the original Toyota pads and the Greenstuffs that I had swapped in, should be enough to last me a couple of weeks until I can get a full new set. Was quite alarmed at the tyre wear too (really should have got a wheel alignment done after I put the shocks and springs in), next chance I get I'll rotate the wheels F-R as the rears still have massive amounts of tread, they've only done about 30-35,000k too.

Then decided to try and fix up the speaker wiring in the ST162, managed to get sound back to the front left but in the process lost the connection to the rear right (don't you love DIY wiring jobs.....), so we'll only have fronts for the cruise tomorrow....assuming that the fronts don't cut out on us (seems to be quite finnicky at the moment, will often cut to only one speaker unless you position everything just right

Usually the following type of drive doesn't need a post of it's own, but this time it had a bit more meaning. Today... as in a couple of hours ago, I finally introduced Aimee to the a well known 'track' in Brisbane (the name of this 'track' will be disclosed due to attached graph). I went at about 70% of my usual pace to get a feel of how she handles it and I was so satisfied... I went back for seconds, this time running at about 85% of my usual pace. Actually, I was attempting to get my phone to log some data but failed the first time, so I just had to go again to see what it can do.

Basically, I'm disappointed in my choice of software. I can view parts of the 'track' bit by bit and analyse speed etc at each turn, but the zoom range of the graph is limited. I think I will look for some better software.

One thing I'm not disappointed with though is how well the TRD handled it all. Definitely much more stable than my old Sportivo. Only gripe was that VSC was a bit more sensitive than that of Sam so I accidentally set it off entering a couple of turns. Anyways, just for fun check out all the variation in speed:

tracki.jpg

Went to a Ute show yesterday and took out 'Best Commercial'

I used Meguiars Clay Bar on friday afternoon and I must say, it is fantastic.

I also used some Swirl-X, great stuff as well.

Followed by some carnauba wax and the hilux was glowing!

So easy to keep clean now.

Inspecting rear brakes and the stupid socket slipped, punched myself in the head, then recoiled and hit my head on the inside of the wheel arch, then recoiled forward and smacked my nose on the brake heat shield, then recoiled once more into the wheel arch. **** it hurt. Top tip, don't head butt your car 3 times and punch yourself in the head :lol:

PMSL!!! :clap:

Dave... Next time i work on brakes i'm wearing a crash helmet after your experience!!! B)

From helpful advice from the guys here, I cleaned my radiator and was able to take the cover off to uncover it extremely dirty and dusty underneath it and cleaned that as well, for pics look at the thread in the aurion section (taking off grill).

I also gave the car a much much needed wash after been driven around in rain lately. She is sparkling better then ever. :spiteful:

Did a tire/wheel rotation, putting my grippier Yoko S.Drives at the front and my crappy Dunlop Sport Maxx's at the rear. Boy do those Yoko's grip. I just don't want to imagine how quickly they will wear.

Then I took her to the drags once again:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26861&view=findpost&p=395773

Quarter_01.jpg

Swapped out my park light bulbs for 25 SMD white LEDs last night. Looks much better. I never thought my Blue Vision parkers looked very blue or white at all, and comparing 1 with a white LED it was obvious just how yellow the BlueVisions really are!

Will be ordering my eyelids and hopefully my HIDs today, so I can at least have something visually unique about my car here!

The S.Drives on my AE102 are a couple of mm off the wear indicators on the fronts after 30,000k, but the rears are barely touched - rotating them this weekend so should get another 20,000k or so from them :D

Looks like a 99% chance of rain today...car was soooo dirty i thought i would give her a bath and also gave the wheels 2 coats of wax.

now just having a well earned beer and waiting for it to start raining again. :(

finally got my new bumper installed after the accident!!!

also got some 35W 8000K HIDs installed and am juz lurrrrrving the clearer vision at night... not at on-coming traffic's expense I hope :rolleyes:

Washed and waxed the car.

Man my arm and hand is sore.

+1 to this! Here are my results:

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Taken on my iPhone - unfortunately the digital camera had a flat battery. Pics don't quite do it the full justice, in person it is positively glowing :yahoo:

Process: Washed, clay bar, applied Meguiars Ultimate Compound to the entire car (man that product is brilliant - would highly recommend it), applied SwirlX to a few panels (not needed over entire car - there are a few places I might have to buff a bit harder next time) then used to Mothers Wax Attack Palm Polisher to finish off with a polish then a wax :D All ready to head to Sydney now heheheheh

washed my car today in a trial run for the meet next week ...... for those that know me and the state of my car the fact that it got a wash is a worthy thing to make note of ..... should be listed as one of my mods ...... lol ..... and for those that dont believe me i took a few pics as proof :P :P :P :P :P :P

washed1.jpg

washed2.jpg

washed3.jpg

washed4.jpg

washed5.jpg