What did you do to your car today?

Just got back from overseas, and bought back some brand new MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS CARUNBARA PLUS wax! yeeoow! hasnt even hit WA (or possibly australian) shores yet, will be applying to my car tomorrow! :) :)

more mods are on the way!

How's the wax? Did you bulk buy? Did you bring me back some? haha.

Some more pictures on the way?

Just got back from overseas, and bought back some brand new MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS CARUNBARA PLUS wax! yeeoow! hasnt even hit WA (or possibly australian) shores yet, will be applying to my car tomorrow! :) :)

more mods are on the way!

How's the wax? Did you bulk buy? Did you bring me back some? haha.

Some more pictures on the way?

i only bought 2 tins of it (only had the paste version) but i have 'rellos who will be coming back from singapore soon so i will probably get them to pick some more up for me and also some neat 3m products ive never seen here too.. if your interested PM me and i can sort something out :)

havent tried the wax yet unfortunately... my exisiting layer of M21 is holding strong for now. I will give it a big wash and photoshoot after the 10th, as thats when my next big mod is getting done ;)

first impression of the wax thou, it is a lot softer in feel(paste) than the original gold class wax... and much much softer than M26 yellow wax... has a pleasent aroma, and a consistency i can only describe as "slightly chilled butter". claims to have better protecting (thus longer lasting) than the previous gold class but thats yet to be seen.

I will be applying it as my sole wax (instead of layering with M21/NXT 2.0 like i usually do) to test out the durability. I guesstimate it probably wont last as long as M21 or NXT 2.0 thou, but wl give better depth...

results will be posted soon ;)

installed a wideband 02 sensor and related gauge for some accurate afr readings while driving ..... tested it out last night driving it out ..... looks good ..... and seems to be accurate ..... just need to work out how to mount it where i want it to stick ..... will post pics later

I gave her a very good clean, spent 3 and half hours washing, clayblocking and making sure she was pretty.

Shes smooth as a babies bum

Oh yeah and fitted the grill

post-17496-127286456119_thumb.jpg

Today I gave my TRD the best clean it has probably had in it's life. It's been about 3 months as well since I have touched some clay and wax and boy was this a mission to do.

Started working on it at 10am and have only just finished the exterior now (4:00pm). Started with a full bubble bath spending a fair bit of time removing these odd black dots on it. I think it must be road tar or something. Either way, I got everything spot free.

Following that was a good claying. Strangely enough, in the past, claying my Sportivo resulted in the clay bar turning a greyish colour. Claying this car though resulted in it going a yellowish colour with a bit of grey in it.

After that was a good coat of Sonax Full Protect wax. Then applying some Braso to the muffler cutouts in the bumper, a waxing of the wheels (not expecting that to last), and a Rain-X treatment of all windows and both mirrors.

Just having a break then attacking the interior and engine bay.

Some observations from all this:

1) At the expense of being called lazy, I have really lost interest in cleaning my car like this. I used to really enjoy spending time to get my car all shiny etc, but now it just seems like a big chore.

Sure enough the feeling of waxing her smooth body after rubbing her down with some clay is quite satisfying, but unfortunately it has reached a point where the satisfaction doesn't outweigh the effort anymore for me. I think I can live with the normal washing etc but when it comes to claying, and maybe waxing, I think I might pay the good guys down at Hoppy's to do the job for me.

Maybe I just have to get back into the habit again. Or maybe it's because this daily driver clocks up so many k's. I've only had it for one month and I have already travelled 7000km. 2000km of that was driving it here to Brissy, so realistically, it has travelled 5000km. That's like 166km a day average. Cleaning it just doesn't have a lasting feeling.

2) Compared to my old Sportivo:

- The TRD sure is easier to wash/clay/wax since the front and rear bumper are basically one piece compared to the two piece bumpers on the Sportivo.

- However, waxing the silver is a little trickier than the red since now I can't clearly see if the wax is fully applied and buffed off.

3) I never knew just how much shine you could get out of a silver car until now. May not be a mirror finish, but damn it looks good.

So much for the Ming Paint Protection the original owner of this car had done to it. Whatever was left of that (if any) would be long gone now.

Edit: Okay... I really need to snap out of it. What was I thinking. I can't be lazy. I take back observation number 1, and will force myself to do all the work.

Today I gave my TRD the best clean it has probably had in it's life. It's been about 3 months as well since I have touched some clay and wax and boy was this a mission to do.

Started working on it at 10am and have only just finished the exterior now (4:00pm). Started with a full bubble bath spending a fair bit of time removing these odd black dots on it. I think it must be road tar or something. Either way, I got everything spot free.

Following that was a good claying. Strangely enough, in the past, claying my Sportivo resulted in the clay bar turning a greyish colour. Claying this car though resulted in it going a yellowish colour with a bit of grey in it.

After that was a good coat of Sonax Full Protect wax. Then applying some Braso to the muffler cutouts in the bumper, a waxing of the wheels (not expecting that to last), and a Rain-X treatment of all windows and both mirrors.

1) At the expense of being called lazy, I have really lost interest in cleaning my car like this. I used to really enjoy spending time to get my car all shiny etc, but now it just seems like a big chore.

Sure enough the feeling of waxing her smooth body after rubbing her down with some clay is quite satisfying, but unfortunately it has reached a point where the satisfaction doesn't outweigh the effort anymore for me. I think I can live with the normal washing etc but when it comes to claying, and maybe waxing, I think I might pay the good guys down at Hoppy's to do the job for me.

Maybe I just have to get back into the habit again. Or maybe it's because this daily driver clocks up so many k's. I've only had it for one month and I have already travelled 7000km. 2000km of that was driving it here to Brissy, so realistically, it has travelled 5000km. That's like 166km a day average. Cleaning it just doesn't have a lasting feeling.

- The TRD sure is easier to wash/clay/wax since the front and rear bumper are basically one piece compared to the two piece bumpers on the Sportivo.

- However, waxing the silver is a little trickier than the red since now I can't clearly see if the wax is fully applied and buffed off.

3) I never knew just how much shine you could get out of a silver car until now. May not be a mirror finish, but damn it looks good.

So much for the Ming Paint Protection the original owner of this car had done to it. Whatever was left of that (if any) would be long gone now.

mines about to be due for the full treatment as well... but i'm helping my cousin do his civic up, so he should be returning the favour, just hope i've trained him how to do it enough so he doesn't scratch my black paint! :angry:

Edited by Kenshin X

Sure enough the feeling of waxing her smooth body after rubbing her down with some clay is quite satisfying

Hope there aren't any under aged forum members about.... :P

Edit: Okay... I really need to snap out of it. What was I thinking. I can't be lazy. I take back observation number 1, and will force myself to do all the work.

glad to hear you gave her a good wash daryl :) but sorry to hear you didnt enjoy it as much as you could of :(

at least now you know the claying part is out of the way and it will be another couple of months before you need to go thru it.

If you want to use a product(s) which will lengthen the time needed between wax's, maybe give the new meguiars ultimate wash & wax shampoo. while it wont replace the act of waxing, it will probably serve to boost your current wax which means longer time between wax sessions. oh and get onto a synthetic wax if your not liking the regular wax thing, lasts yonks :) im sure by readin my previous posts you would know what wax's i recommend :P

anyyyway today was spent sorting out the ducktail on my car... thanks to our good friend SikaFlex, she's now sitting in my garage waiting to dry up. :) very happ with the looks!

have my car booked in for probably the biggest mod i have done on monday the 10th... very very excited! :) :)

post-13790-127288676518_thumb.jpg

post-13790-127288677414_thumb.jpg

I know Davo will be proud of me.

I bought myself a:

-Meguiar's G220 DA polisher

-Lake Country 6.5" CSS White constant pressure pad - mild cut

-Lake Country 6.5" CSS Red constant pressure pad - no pad/finishing

Hope these serve me well.

I'll be using these items with:

-Meguiar's Nxt Gen wash

-Meguiar's claybar kit with quik detailer

-Autoglym super resin polish + Meguiar's Scratch X

-Meguiar's Tech wax 2.0

Although nothing to be done on my car until it goes in to be fixed :(

I bought myself a:

-Meguiar's Nxt Gen wash

-Meguiar's Tech wax 2.0

YAY!!!! :clap:

where did you get the lake pads from andy?

I bought myself a:

-Meguiar's Nxt Gen wash

-Meguiar's Tech wax 2.0

YAY!!!! :clap:

where did you get the lake pads from andy?

From here

My things should be here by end of this week :clap:

Few questions that hopefully can be answered :):

and1, how much is postage usually on that site?

davo, with the G220, which pads should I use when I apply swirlX THEN nxt gen liquid wax 2.0?

After buffing, do I have to wipe off the excess by hand using the micro fibre cloths?

DJK, do you use a buffer or everything by hand? Also did you take any pictures of the car when clean or did the rain spoil her? :(. Would love to see a fellow silver Aurion sparkle :)

DJK, I feel the same with cleaning the car now. Mine is a daily with family also coming in and out of the car.

One day I'll do a full detail and next day knowing Melbournes crappy weather the heavens will open up on the car at the worst times. I just sometimes think, a good wash every now and then is fine because all the work will be worthless once I sell the car only for some other guy to look after it no where near as good as I did!

Edited by unique

davo, with the G220, which pads should I use when I apply swirlX THEN nxt gen liquid wax 2.0?

After buffing, do I have to wipe off the excess by hand using the micro fibre cloths?

i use the w8006 yellow polishing pad with swirlx/ ultimate compound/ m205

for the nxt 2.0 i use the w9007 finishing pad... but i alternate between that and my mothers wax attack (which i think spreads the wax a bit better)

after you apply the wax with the machine, alloy it to set and remove with a microfibre cloth. i dont buff the product off with the machine... :P

hope tha helps

for the nxt 2.0 i use the w9007 finishing pad... but i alternate between that and my mothers wax attack (which i think spreads the wax a bit better)

after you apply the wax with the machine, alloy it to set and remove with a microfibre cloth. i dont buff the product off with the machine... :P

hope tha helps

Cool man! That really does help. I'm keeping notes of all this stuff. Makes life much easier :)

I'll be hopefully getting the G220 with the W8006 for the SwirlX and W9207 for the Wax 2.0 :yahoo:

This machine should literally half my time detailing in half!

hope tha helps

Cool man! That really does help. I'm keeping notes of all this stuff. Makes life much easier :)

I'll be hopefully getting the G220 with the W8006 for the SwirlX and W9207 for the Wax 2.0 :yahoo:

This machine should literally half my time detailing in half!

nicee! B)

now get your hands on some M205 and prepare to be amazed ;)

Unique: postage was about 30 bucks to WA. They are based over east so i think it will be cheaper for ya.

Since were asking the detailing guru, davo can i apply scratchX with the g220?

Unique: postage was about 30 bucks to WA. They are based over east so i think it will be cheaper for ya.

andy, you can but its not ideal...

scratch x is mainly used for "spot" fixes... and your better off using a less aggressive product first like swirl X

andy, you can but its not ideal...

scratch x is mainly used for "spot" fixes... and your better off using a less aggressive product first like swirl X

Rodger rodger..

Cheers champ :toast:

Well today I unfortunately ruined most of my cleaning effort. Six hours to clean and only 6 minutes of driving till it was covered in rain and road mist.

Depite my anger, I guess I got a slightly good feeling watching the water bead and run up the bonnet. Then looking at all the water beaded on the roof/bonnet/boot when I parked it. Still, such a disappointment.

DJK, do you use a buffer or everything by hand?

Always by hand. I know a machine can be better, but I prefer the feel of everything under your hand.

Also did you take any pictures of the car when clean or did the rain spoil her? :(. Would love to see a fellow silver Aurion sparkle :)

Well, I didn't take any yesterday, but just for you I made sure I took some before I left. Nothing fancy since my camera is pretty simple:

dsc05893t.jpg

dsc05899.jpg

dsc05901jm.jpg

dsc05897i.th.jpg dsc05902q.th.jpg