What did you do to your car today?

Hello...

Well, Today after the monthly bath, I waxed her till my arms fell off.

After that, I fixed all the stone chips and the parking chips on the rear bumper (a gift from the previous owner).

So now she looks goooooooood.

Here are some pictures after a couple of hours of nice, pleasant work

dsc03188bz.jpg

dsc03191b.jpg

dsc03192b.jpg

This is a video I made when I sent her to the beauty saloon

Cheers!

AB

washed, polished and waxed yesterday afternoon... then it fuqing rains today :(

Bit late but not on here as regularly as I was.

Good to hear you're ok Lee. Walking away with a bruised ego is much better than not walking away at all. Couldn't you tell the boss that you were just testing the structural capabilities of the "unbreakable" hilux and didn't believe top gear had pushed it enough ;)

Barely did anything today. Since my fog lights have proved to be completely useless in fog (probably due to the brightness of the HID's), I decided to change them out for some LED's. I pretty much only use my fog lights in dusk conditions where I can make it home before it is dark enough to use my headlights, or if the weather is not so great. In both cases, I just want to improve my visibility to others and to save using my HID's.

di-12130511475712.jpg

di-913051147791.jpg

Barely did anything today. Since my fog lights have proved to be completely useless in fog (probably due to the brightness of the HID's), I decided to change them out for some LED's. I pretty much only use my fog lights in dusk conditions where I can make it home before it is dark enough to use my headlights, or if the weather is not so great. In both cases, I just want to improve my visibility to others and to save using my HID's.

Hey Daryl

One of my work colleagues was pulled up last week and booked for having fog/driving lights on with low-beam.

I'm sure that the laws were changed for the beginning of this year due to some guys replacing the fog lamps with spot lights.

The cops down south have apparently been having a field day booking people for using them.

Hope you don't get done for it

Hey Daryl

One of my work colleagues was pulled up last week and booked for having fog/driving lights on with low-beam.

I'm sure that the laws were changed for the beginning of this year due to some guys replacing the fog lamps with spot lights.

The cops down south have apparently been having a field day booking people for using them.

Hope you don't get done for it

As mentioned, I either use them in bad weather conditions (legal to use) or in dusk INSTEAD of my headlights (technically illegal, bu appears to be less chance of being picked up for it) to save having to use my HID's.

It comes down to the cop really. I have aproached and driven behind many, many cops in dusk conditions with just my parkers and fog lights and have had no issues. It's still a chance I'm taking nevertheless, but it just doesn't seem like they are really being picky about it these days compared to when the change in the laws were made.

Got sick of getting yelled at for having too much stuff in the garage (which is partly true) so I booked her in to get the Sportivo bodykit put on. Also getting the rear bar, boot and mirrors fixed up as well.

Huzzah for not getting yelled at!

Picked up my K&N Typhoon SRI for the Aurion from the post office since I wasn't home yesterday to receive it. Haven't put it on yet. I'll do it next week with the bags.

Hi everyone!

Today I increased the glass breakage sensitivity because factory settings are way to low.

Now if a hit the windshield, a pillar, a door or the bumper, it will BEEEEP once. A harder punch and it'll screaaaaammmm (I hate that siren, it has a volume so low...).

Let´s see how it goes, if it is too sensible i´ll turn back the knob.

Cheeers

AB

Well today I fitted a K&N Typhoon to my TRD.

.... I wish. I fitted it to Hamish's (HAMSTA) Aurion.

With my car, I didn't really do much. My current HID's (due to one side occasionally failing to ignite) had experienced a bit of colour shift and was appearing greenish on one side compared to the other. They were 8000k lamps so I decided to change them. I put in a pair of 10,000k lamps hoping for a tint more blue, but as will all CCS HID's, they are about 2000k off the mark. They appear more like 8000k lamps, but meh. What can you do.

Well today I fitted a K&N Typhoon to my TRD.

.... I wish. I fitted it to Hamish's (HAMSTA) Aurion.

With my car, I didn't really do much. My current HID's (due to one side occasionally failing to ignite) had experienced a bit of colour shift and was appearing greenish on one side compared to the other. They were 8000k lamps so I decided to change them. I put in a pair of 10,000k lamps hoping for a tint more blue, but as will all CCS HID's, they are about 2000k off the mark. They appear more like 8000k lamps, but meh. What can you do.

Rage and throw them back at Hamish.

In his face. Then laugh.

Washed and waxed it. Plus discovered that the construction next door and down the street must be leaving white particles on my car; time for a clay.

Having Mr. DJKOR come out tonight and help a noob with his brakes. Going to test the lengths of the lines (that I am going to have made up) and fit the calipers to ensure that they fit.

Got her serviced today, added some Liqui Moly products aswell for good measure. Now all it needs is a good bath! last two times i've washed it, it has rained the next day or the day after FML!

Got her serviced today, added some Liqui Moly products aswell for good measure. Now all it needs is a good bath! last two times i've washed it, it has rained the next day or the day after FML!

BOM is your car washing friend :P