What did you do to your car today?

Completely disassembled my rear brakes and grinded, sanded and then washed them prior to color coding them to match the new front brakes.

Also ground the rough surface of my new front brakes and repainted them. Came up looking heaps better.

post-13080-0-57848600-1308381480_thumb.j

Completely disassembled my rear brakes and grinded, sanded and then washed them prior to color coding them to match the new front brakes.

Also ground the rough surface of my new front brakes and repainted them. Came up looking heaps better.

2 Light coats and 1 heavy coat, right? :lol:

Thanks for helping with the seals, going to look mint once I de-tape them.

Put petrol in it :lol: Hopefully the last sizable tank I'll need for a little while following my travels, only 130.9 down here for 91 unleaded too :)

Car desperately needs a clean now though, especially inside :blink:

Changed the oil filter and oil and in the process of removing the blasted oil filter, oil is EVERYWHERE... Whoever designed the oil filter placement on the 1mz should be shot!

In other news, I just ordered an item from MWR. :ph34r:

Changed the oil filter and oil and in the process of removing the blasted oil filter, oil is EVERYWHERE... Whoever designed the oil filter placement on the 1mz should be shot!

Finally, you'll be able to flog me instantly instead of catching up then flogging me due to wheelspin.

Do I hear an LSD?

Re-wired my headlights yesterday, only to have the retaining screw for the passenger-side low beam spring clip strip it's thread. Considering all the previous drama I've had with these headlights, that was the last straw, so bodgied it up as best I could to get all lights working again, then immediately went inside, jumped on eBay, and bought myself a new set of BZ Touring copies.

Got new shoes over the weekend.

Bridgestone RE050A.

2 x Brand new 2x 80% used for $800 fitted. I have to call it the Aurion Express now because it feels like it is on rails.

Its not what I did, it more what i'm gonna do. Bought the Meguires Clay kit and some wax. Car is gonna have a heck of a clean on the weekend.

finally made new ipod playlists with some decents beats to listen to while driving in heavy peak hour traffic and clean off this huge ***** bird poop that literally took up 1/5 of the back windscreen right in the middle where i couldn't even see the people in the car behind me :lol:

yesterday Rolly had all the dust washed off him after not moving for a week... then Lawz came over and I serviced my air filter and we had a crack at removing all the crappy resonators that dampen all the intake noise... got one extra one off and have made what's left a semi functional cold air intake tube... just doesn't really feed to a vent, but the area that the air would be starting to get sucked from is quite cold, and if i wanna go hard out i can always remove the passenger side headlight lol... managed some extra noise and raspy throatiness from it and maybe like an extra -0.2 of a second less lag from acceleration to hardcore sucking ;) so i'm happy with that...

Today - Service, new steering rack ends, and a cat back sports exhaust... :yahoo:

yesterday Rolly had all the dust washed off him after not moving for a week... then Lawz came over and I serviced my air filter and we had a crack at removing all the crappy resonators that dampen all the intake noise... got one extra one off and have made what's left a semi functional cold air intake tube... just doesn't really feed to a vent, but the area that the air would be starting to get sucked from is quite cold, and if i wanna go hard out i can always remove the passenger side headlight lol... managed some extra noise and raspy throatiness from it and maybe like an extra -0.2 of a second less lag from acceleration to hardcore sucking ;) so i'm happy with that...

Today - Service, new steering rack ends, and a cat back sports exhaust... :yahoo:

Pics of exhaust or it didn't happen!

lol... if u decide not to be afraid of getting lost and driving at night u can come and see :P

will attempt a sound recording or video tomorrow... its a wee bit hectic... much more informative than pictures...

Was my rostered day off from work due to working last Sunday, so gave her a wash and gave her some JDM lovin'... lol it's not the CAI but had to give her some sort of lovin' for now.

post-24068-0-18882000-1308926079_thumb.j

washed, waxed, polished and interior treatment done last night and this morning

I think I need to do a clay bar though. And need to do the Mighty Mods BBBLLLLAAACCCKKK to bring life back to some black bits on car.