What did you do to your car today?

Definitely placebo effect. If it wasn't, then you were obviously letting your oil get to a bad state.

I'm excited for my next oil change. :clap:

I'm going to use a Purolator oil filter instead of the K&N one. It has no removal nut (which is no issue as I only hand-tighten anyway) but apparently is one of the better oil filters on the market + has one of the largest surface areas of filter.

Bought a pair of JL Audio 6x9 speakers and will be swaping them with the MB Quart next weekend.

Will be selling the MB Quart 6x9 speakers if anyone is interested in them.

How much for your mb quartz :g:?

^ $75 with a professionally done box.

So wait.... you mean you will sell it in a form which means it will directly mount in without the need to custom make MDF mounts? If so, you could consider them sold.

I would even deposit the funds directly into your account via a branch since I am that keen.

There is 1 problem though. It covers up 90% of the back window blocking your view. Also got pulled over by popo 4 times in 1 day because of that saying my car would be unroadworthy and nearly got fined for that so i took them off.

So i probably won't sell the mounting box to anyone.

I have been trying to make a smaller mount but the problem is the angle of the rear window.

There is 1 problem though. It covers up 90% of the back window blocking your view. Also got pulled over by popo 4 times in 1 day because of that saying my car would be unroadworthy and nearly got fined for that so i took them off.

So i probably won't sell the mounting box to anyone.

I have been trying to make a smaller mount but the problem is the angle of the rear window.

I see. Well in that case I shall pass. I'm a lazy person these days.

As for what I did to my car today. Made it real dirty from driving it around in the wet and through dusty roadworks.

Just went back few pages to see when I last posted that I cleaned my car. It was on the 31st July. It's now the 29th. A whole month without washing her or giving it a vacuum. Wow :|.

Work is really keeping me occupied and on my days off I just cbf'd anymore lol.

Outlook for weather looks sunny though from Tuesday so I'll probably do it then :)

Well after spending a few days away in Melbourne i came home to a very unloved looking Aurion (guessing we had storms here when i was away) so i spent the afternoon giving the big girl a wash, clear coat protect and wax, washed and cleaned the wheels (& brakes) did the tyre shine thing, cleaned the glass inside and out, got the kitten interior cleaner happening, polished the piano finish on my dash, vacuumed the whole car and detailed under the bonnet and polished out a few light scratches and now she looks showroom good again, only thing to do now before the Tassie Toyota club meet up this weekend is to give the leather a going over Happy days!

Dropped the Snoarer off to get the radiator fixed, was hoping to stretch it until Xmas so we could splurge on an alloy JAR one but the top tank said no....

Today I helped Steven fit some King Springs to his Aurion. So jealous now. I really want to lower mine.

As for my car.... well last night I happened to have a sick (intoxicated) passenger in one of the rear seats. Unfortunately the paper bag which I had in the car was not enough to contain what was to come next. Long story short, most of the mess was contained to the seat. Thank f*** for durable leather seats. Did require removal though to clean what made it underneath then then the floor mats required some good hand washing. Luckily I am a bit OCD when it comes to hygiene and things like that because now my interior is just like new again. Probably cleaner than it was before last night.

Accidents like this may not be so preventable, but I have learnt two things:

1) Always carry plastic bags in the car,

2) When I have kids... leather seats are a must.

Today I helped Steven fit some King Springs to his Aurion. So jealous now. I really want to lower mine.

As for my car.... well last night I happened to have a sick (intoxicated) passenger in one of the rear seats. Unfortunately the paper bag which I had in the car was not enough to contain what was to come next. Long story short, most of the mess was contained to the seat. Thank f*** for durable leather seats. Did require removal though to clean what made it underneath then then the floor mats required some good hand washing. Luckily I am a bit OCD when it comes to hygiene and things like that because now my interior is just like new again. Probably cleaner than it was before last night.

Accidents like this may not be so preventable, but I have learnt two things:

1) Always carry plastic bags in the car,

2) When I have kids... leather seats are a must.

Also, a empty wide mouthed bottle in case you can't get to the loo to do No.1 in time.

Removed both front door trims and went metal trying to remove every rattle and loose piece of trim in there. Also lubricated all the locks with bike lube which works surprisingly well :yahoo:

Doors now feel like new, hopefully they creak less now when on the road.

Also fixed the door courtesy lights flickering which has been a long term annoyance of mine. Completed an FAQ in the Aurion section on how I did it.

Oh boy. You just can't stop can you? :lol:

Nice move though.

I see what you did there. :lol:

When visiting The Viking regarding the large amount of maintenance work required on the Camry, he goes "How's the brake upgrade going?" To which he points at some squareish flat boxes which remind me of Genuine rotors and goes "I have some TRD rears here which are good for at least another set of pads if you want them".

You know how it is, he has that look and you know you can't do anything but begin negotiating.

But for the first time I had some hand. He's contemplating keeping his Gen4 and I've tempted him with a Gen6 front and Gen5/6 rear brake upgrade for it :toast:

What are the dimensions of the rear brake by the way?

Standard is: 286x10mm, solid

TRD is: 310x18mm, vented

Both single piston calipers but the TRD are alloy. From memory the rears are cast.

Decided to give the car a detail before I head to work for late shift.

Washed, clay bared for first time, waxed, polished, interior treatment and vacuum.

but looks like its going to rain... FAIL!

Stood around waiting for 4.5 hours whilst the dude installed the new double-din Kenwood/Garmin GPS DVD headunit in the Snoarer. What initially started out as a 10am booking turned out to be more like a 3pm one because of a nightmare of a STi and a douche who didn't know how to adjust his equaliser and was complaining to the installer that he'd been ripped off...