What did you do to your car today?

Well over the weekend i finally got around to installing the braided brake lines. Remsa pads and TRD BF-5 brake fluid. ran out of time so will have to fit the new HP-X pads next weekend and give the brake system a bit more of a hardcore bleed as the pedal feel is initially a little bit softer than it was before but we was running out of time so only gave it a quick one, stops very well though when you get serious and has got better over the weekend now the pads are bedding in more and should be an ever better thing than before once the brakes a bleed better and new pads in the rear. First things I’ve noticed about the Remsa's is there much quieter than the bendix and produce far less dust!

Here’s a few pics of the install including some of the punished old Bendix pads.

post-14878-0-22618800-1312111513_thumb.j

post-14878-0-57866100-1312111787_thumb.j

post-14878-0-03458800-1312111942_thumb.j

post-14878-0-41382400-1312112013_thumb.j

post-14878-0-70397500-1312112055_thumb.j

post-14878-0-62735800-1312112090_thumb.j

post-14878-0-67401400-1312112110_thumb.j

Well over the weekend i finally got around to installing the braided brake lines. Remsa pads and TRD BF-5 brake fluid. ran out of time so will have to fit the new HP-X pads next weekend and give the brake system a bit more of a hardcore bleed as the pedal feel is initially a little bit softer than it was before but we was running out of time so only gave it a quick one, stops very well though when you get serious and has got better over the weekend now the pads are bedding in more and should be an ever better thing than before once the brakes a bleed better and new pads in the rear. First things I’ve noticed about the Remsa's is there much quieter than the bendix and produce far less dust!

Here’s a few pics of the install including some of the punished old Bendix pads.

Man, resize your pics :blink:

Besides that looking good mate :D

Put this on my car.

post-21365-0-98548300-1312180522_thumb.j

Like seriously, NO ONE cares how many kids you have or if there's a pet in your family.

BAAHAHAHAHAHAH. I Love it.

+1...yeah seeing these on nearly every SUV/people movers these days,my thoughts exactly..who gives a fark how many mouths you got to feed or showing that your d!ck works well by showing off how many trophies you have.

wish i had of come up with the idea for this sh!tty little sticker....be making some serious coin by now :D

Removed the parcel shelf and re-sat the rear speakers again. Lined them with a light foam and screwed them in using a split washer and a wider self-tapping screw + insulated the top so there is no direct contact between the grille and the tweeter.

Time to test if it worked...!

Put this on my car.

post-21365-0-98548300-1312180522_thumb.j

Like seriously, NO ONE cares how many kids you have or if there's a pet in your family.

BAAHAHAHAHAHAH. I Love it.

+1...yeah seeing these on nearly every SUV/people movers these days,my thoughts exactly..who gives a fark how many mouths you got to feed or showing that your d!ck works well by showing off how many trophies you have.

wish i had of come up with the idea for this sh!tty little sticker....be making some serious coin by now :D

I saw the weirdest one yesterday at uni. Small hatchback at uni with 1 girl on it. Single Forever Alone :ph34r:

Not exciting but I have embarked on attempting to kill the rats in and around the car port and deter them from sh!tting in my engine bay :angry: Not to mention the damage the little pricks can do to the wiring!!

Anyway found out they don't like ammonia nor do they like peppermint essence, so got a toothbrush and peppermint essence and rubbed it over a heap of engine bay componentry after washing it out, and poured ammonia all through the car port gravel. Touch wood so far so good, no fresh evidence when I opened the hood this morning, and the two baits I laid out had disappeared, so put more down today. So fingers crossed if I keep it up the car will be okay!

Not exciting but I have embarked on attempting to kill the rats in and around the car port and deter them from sh!tting in my engine bay :angry: Not to mention the damage the little pricks can do to the wiring!!

Anyway found out they don't like ammonia nor do they like peppermint essence, so got a toothbrush and peppermint essence and rubbed it over a heap of engine bay componentry after washing it out, and poured ammonia all through the car port gravel. Touch wood so far so good, no fresh evidence when I opened the hood this morning, and the two baits I laid out had disappeared, so put more down today. So fingers crossed if I keep it up the car will be okay!

They got into my engine bay when I was house sitting a few months ago. Annoyed the hell out of me! Best of luck with the pest control - I can't think of anything more frustrating.

slammed her down on Friday afternoon; slammed her rear on Saturday night (sighhhhh....)... and today, just drove her around, feeling the pain of the crack on the rear bumper and trying to get used to the stiffer dampening of coilovers.

Tyre rotation, fitted new project mu lock nuts and RHD Japan sticker for extra kilowatts. While wheels were off I cleaned the inner sides of the wheels. I'm really hating white wheels now. Looks like I'm gonna need new tread very soon too...

Didn't really do anything to my car today/tonight. Well I um... bedded in the tires more :ph34r: In other words, I went for a drive up Nebo.

Using the abilities of RunKeeper, you can view my travel stats here:

Up: http://runkeeper.com/user/DJKOR/activity/46622787 (missed the first 600m due to a 15 second counter on the start)

Down: http://runkeeper.com/user/DJKOR/activity/46622790

Using external calculations, my time to Jolly's was about 10 minutes 37 seconds. This is 42 seconds slower than my best time but I was drivign slightly differently so this is no surprise.

All I can say is that for $190 per tire, the Federal 595SS is certainly a good bang-for-your-buck tire.

And a video of me driving slow for the fun of it:

Not really what i did for the car but what i bought. Received my 10 oil filters for the Aurion and Rav4. They are aftermarket filters and i checked them all and they do look just like the original ones but not as "yellow".

Threw in a 2nd hand O2 sensor to see if the V8 Camry would go away. V8 hasn't gone away but the CEL comes on much later which suggests the sensor is working but there is still a misfire.

Also threw in some Narva Blue plus 90 bulbs as well.

Today I got myself 2 new tires since my old Maxxis MA-Z1's which were on their wear indicator decided to get a puncture despite my thoughts of milking another month out of it. I tried to get some Federal 595EVO's, but the damn size I am after is just difficult to come by due to stock levels. So I had to settle with Federal 595SS. Oh well, at least I have them all-round though and I am rather satisfied with them as they are. Just a shame because the EVO's are $219 each compared to the SS's at $199 each.

yesterday got the replacement rear bumper put on with the help of some of the melb zre boys, (much needed) oil change from stock Toyota oil to Castrol Edge Sport 5-30w, (finally) put on the matte black rear Toyota trunk emblem and (finally) got rid of the darn Melbourne City Toyota license plate surround.

After that, took her for a nice and much needed washy washy. She responds and punches much harder after that oil change! (the missus even said that the car roars louder)

She responds and punches much harder after that oil change! (the missus even said that the car roars louder)

placebo affect everytime u change oil lol....

Definitely placebo effect. If it wasn't, then you were obviously letting your oil get to a bad state.

She responds and punches much harder after that oil change! (the missus even said that the car roars louder)

placebo affect everytime u change oil lol....

Definitely placebo effect. If it wasn't, then you were obviously letting your oil get to a bad state.

lol darn. thought it just performed better cause I changed it from the Toyota oil that it came with. and it only just hit 3600km's since I got the car from the dealer.