What did you do to your car today?

Gave the Snoarer a quick wash (+ cleaned the wheels, bloody Greenstuffs), was going to do a coolant change and full wash on the 102 as well but silly Cara took my car keys to work with her (she drove it yesterday), AND she had the spares as well...

couldnt resist:

img_5388-488r5.jpg

definitely needs more rim, more dish, less tyre and less ride height.

Disclaimer: This is a reversable modification done with self-adhesive chess pattern paper. Everything can and will be removed later on in life.

couldnt resist:

definitely needs more rim, more dish, less tyre and less ride height.

Disclaimer: This is a reversable modification done with self-adhesive chess pattern paper. Everything can and will be removed later on in life.

That looks pretty damn sick man! Lower the ride and keep the pattern on!

Today I fitted an SS (Steven S) Customs y-pipe to my Aurion. For more information on what this involves, check out the following:

My butt dyno tells me there is a gain throughout the entire rev range, but the accuracy of said dyno is always a bit shonky. Might take it to a dyno some day soon to test it out but in the meantime, I shall take it to the 1/4 mile long dyno and see how it goes. As long as I get a trap speed of at least 103mph I will know that I have not lost power. A trap speed of greater than 104mph though and I will start to think it has made a positive difference.

Also rotated my tires in preparation to get some new ones. Only need two new ones so I moved them to the rear so that I get new tires on the rear to gently bed in.

Priced parts for the Foz GT, Oxygen Sensor for the Rolla, and a bonnet scoop, front seats, marine carpet for the Sherpa...

Sherpa is also getting a wash and is getting collected from having a Major Service in a matter of hours... :yahoo:

Re-wired the loom for the parkers to fit the larger indicator-style plug, then finished installing the BZ Touring copy headlights. Tomorrow should be wash and clean out in time for Bathurst, as well as overdue coolant/thermostat change

Well todays plans kinda backfired so i got bored and topped up my oil water and all that jazz haha but i also done a few other things.

IMG_03691.jpg

-red star rims

IMG_03671.jpg

-red star rims

IMG_03661.jpg

-honda rim

IMG_03651.jpg

-honda rim

IMG_03622.jpg

-bozo exhaust

IMG_03631.jpg

-awesome :D

IMG_03641.jpg

-lol

Edited by cruzer

I drove my car to Morgan Park Raceway today. Didn't race it though. Drove one of these instead:

di-7130959715811.jpg

All I can say is it's like a giant go-kart. Bit weird though because every time I went down the straight, I had this urge to upshift at around 5,000RPM even though it could still rev out more. I guess it's something you'd get used to though. Also wish I drove it harder than I did. Something kinda held me back. I think it was the fact it wasn't my car and that I had an instructor in the passenger seat.

exige or exige s???

ive driven an exige and the experience was insane.. if it was the S, then it musta been outta this world.. :D

It's a race experience... they only give you the Exige. Can't complain though. Was quite some fun. Just wish I pushed it harder than I did.

There was an Exige S at the track as well though. That thing had some speed. Also an Ascari A10 that sounded pretty mean.

I drove my car to Morgan Park Raceway today. Didn't race it though. Drove one of these instead:

All I can say is it's like a giant go-kart. Bit weird though because every time I went down the straight, I had this urge to upshift at around 5,000RPM even though it could still rev out more. I guess it's something you'd get used to though. Also wish I drove it harder than I did. Something kinda held me back. I think it was the fact it wasn't my car and that I had an instructor in the passenger seat.

Truly jealous. I would love to get behind the wheel of that. How much did it cost to do . I had never heard of Morgan Park until now. Looks like a really interesting track too.

Found out one reason why I get this funny knocking noise when I go on/off throttle and why it is so hard to launch the car.

IMG_0121.jpg

The engine/gearbox managed to clean tear the front gearbox bracket mount into 2 pieces. It was only still on the car because of the top bolt holding both pieces in place!

Got TORQUE!!!!

... and why it is so hard to launch the car.

Sure sure :lol:

That sure is some effort though. Lucky the holding bolt was torqued up good.

Well today I changed my spark plugs which were meant to be changed 6,000km ago. They could have lasted for quite a bit longer, but oh well. At least it's the 90,000km service done as per the book. In the process of removing the bits and pieces so that I could access the rear bank, I noticed just how nekkid my engine bay looks without the strut brace.

With:

di-213096811003.jpg

Without:

di-1613096810893.jpg

^ sometimes naked isn't always good!

Changed my pod filters over to discover I have been driving with it off for the last 3 days or so. Damn thing fell off.

Did a TB clean today as well

Drove mine to Bathurst and back, round trip of about 700k (including laps :-P), all signs point to over-cooling problem to be sorted, although if I cruise around with the heater on full the gauge still drops a bit

Washed & waxed on saturday and full interior clean

then on sunday in the rain i drove thru roadworks where dump trucks had dropped soil on the road for about 2km's,when i arrived at my mates place the car had more dirt on it than before i washed it and my wheels were brown :(

at least the interior is still clean :blink:

took it back to Rite Price to have the exhaust fixed after they upgraded it...

turns out I have a bit of a freak motor and was generating enough back pressure through a 2" system to blow the baffles out of the muffler so now I have a top of the line, hand packed, lukey muffler and a resonator to get rid of the rasp all for free :D

its a lot more tame but gives a lot more power, and the initial upgrade was a ***** load extra power...

bring on extractors, turbo and internals RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!!!!!!!!

Vacuumed and did a full interior clean and protection with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care for both the Aurion and Landcruiser. Now all i have to do is find a few days of no rain so i can gloss and wax the cars.