What did you do to your car today?

Kinda what I did yesterday starting at 5pm up until now. Firstly I went from this:

di-16130711132811.jpg

To this:

di-1613071113391.jpg

Then while my wheels were off, I cleaned them in full as well as the wheel arches and surrounding suspension components. In the process of trying to find a degreaser to clean all this (since I was out of the Export Degreaser), I tried some of this product called "Kitchen Break" by Santo Australia which you mix with water 50:1. Damn this stuff is the ducks nuts. It's utilises alkaline salts to do it's cleaning.

Anyways, I then proceeded to give the outside of the car a thorough cleaning and then applied a layer of Bowden's Own Auto Body Wax. I shall leave that overnight since that stuff is always easy to remove. I started cleaning out the interior but will finish that in the morning. It is time to get some rest.... after I finish catching up on the forum here.

Was really bored, so I covered the window frame area (Not sure what it is exactly called.) in black PVC tape, the exposed paint area bugged me since day one. Not perfect (Tape wasn't wide enough. Had to do another layer to cover the exposed edge on the other side.), but will redo it with wider tape when I'm back down under.

p1050708.jpg

p1050712.jpg

That's a neat idea! yeah exposed paint in the cabin is not a good look

Rotated my wheels, and checked air, they were 29, ooh ah... put my original rear bar back on.. So back to Toyota to get two tiny little plastic screws which I thought were clips :( but ofcourse weren't

Carlovers wash just to take all the crap off before I give it a proper hand wash, gave the dash and front doors a bit of a clean, then changed spark plugs and degreased the engine-bay (relatively speaking, it is still pretty dirty but a million times better than after I forgot to put the oil cap back on :P), all in preparation for the annual meet next weekend.

Tomorrow should entail finding the remaining bolts/screws/bulbs for the FXGT front bar and then installing it, plus a decent hand wash if the weather is good as well as a vacuum and boot tidy.

lol only got to drive it to Woolworths @ Sth Melb today. but yesterday - new wheels, lowering, and washee washee: http://au.toyotaowne...post__p__450115 laugh.gif

Wanted to go out today to the beach to take some photos with the nice Melbourne weather today but I fell asleep LOL.

Oil change with Penrite everyday 10w-40 full synthetic and scored KnN oil filter.

Oil change, changed alternator/water pump belt, washed/polished car + cleaned wheels, ripped the seat overs off, cleaned out the boot and interior all in preparation for tonight's epic roadtrip

Haven't driven the car since Saturday after getting the sidewalls done so went out to the garage to start it for a few minutes and checked the bags just make sure everything still works.

With a lot of assistance from Mr. Nguyen and his carbon fibre wrap off cuts, Rolly Polly got some eyelids...

256629_10150193375227396_709232395_7384553_6539157_o.jpg

241340_10150194332367396_709232395_7391109_3135211_o.jpg

242923_10150194333577396_709232395_7391122_1224665_o.jpg

255810_10150194335587396_709232395_7391159_4976206_o.jpg

he did an effing mint job of it too! Thanks buddy...

other than a muffler I'm not spending anymore money on the Rolla - the next project is worth sinking some dough into... and a little ways off yet... those who know me keep ya mouths shut lol... its gonna be a surprise :D (and a fair way away - so don't wanna get my hopes up... lol)