What did you do to your car today?

Had a set of Alpine Type R 6.5 splits installed in the front and a set of Alpine 6.5 coax installed in the rear of the Corolla. Have the two sets of Alpine Type R 6x9's to go into the Camry but they are still sitting in the boot, haven't got around to installing them yet. Still trying to work out what to use in the front of the Tarago - 6.5 splits or 6x9 coax. If I go for the splits will either use the JDM premium system grills for the tweeters or go for the JDM Alpine pillar mounts for them

Found a small dent above the LHF door handle...fark knows how it happened and it's in a weird spot :angry:

hoping it's not to close to the fold on the top of the door,hopefully the dent guy can perform his magic and make it vanish.

not happy Jan

ummmmm finally can put something in this thread. I smashed the front left of the car in :\doesn't look extremely bad, from first glance sooooooooo yeah :( gogo daewoo?

Changed my dash lights from blue to blue. Haha. Well now it is a deeper blue like in vw's and also changed the reversing lights to LEDs but they arent as blinding as andrews.

Mine aren't blinding.. They are something.

Fixed up all the wiring and put in the new battery thanks to Dee and Stu for getting a good price on a HD battery. So tired I didn't get an extinguisher, but I'll get it tomorrow.

Knowing my luck, I'll get another bay fire before I get it.

Oh how I miss bass!

Scored a 400w RMS 12" Kenwood sub in Kenwood box from a mate over the weekend. Bridged it on my Alpine v12 MRV-F545.

Not as punchy as my old 12" Alpine Type R. But it'll do.

3012box-2_4d267f50948d6.jpg

lol thats the same sub as I'm rockin the Sherpa lawz! haha...

Speaking of which - the following has been done to my cars in the last 3 weeks...

- picked up a set of watanabe knock offs for $80 - resprayed them (in black) and put new rubber on them (for the Sherpa)

- spray painted the drums and calipers subaru blue on the sherpa

- momo seat covers and new floor mats for the sherpa

- no name multimedia head unit with US Audio 250w amp, 12" Kenwood 1200w sub, and clarion 3way splits in the sherpa

- New KYB rear struts for the Corolla

And today I have to take one of the wheels back to the tyre shop because its losing air severely so not sure what they have done but they need to fix it... and will probably wash both cars today, start dying the interior bits and pieces of the sherpa, and possibly fulsh the radiator to see whether I need to buy a new one or not...

Didn't do anything to mine really today. Just drove it a bit. Managed to get to this point though:

di-5131167609412.jpg

Edited by DJKOR
LOL whoops. Wrong photo.

Didn't do anything to mine really today. Just drove it a bit. Managed to get to this point though:

di-5131167609412.jpg

I know they're not all your kms but fark thats a lot for a 4 year old car.

I know they're not all your kms but fark thats a lot for a 4 year old car.

Well I bought it with 18,361km on it and that was when it was 2 years and 9 months old.

Now with it on 100,124km on it and being 4 years and 1 month old, that means it covered 81,763km in 1 year and 3 months. I don't care so much for re-sale value.

Today I finally got new tyres for the car. I settled for michelin tyres. They were $170 each but got them for $150 each. All up everything cost me $650. Got the balance and alignment done and the guy pumped up the tyres using that nitrogen stuff. Not that I believe in it but oh well. It was free of charge so why not.

Very happy with these tyres. The car hugs the road and they are so quiet :).

IMG_0779.jpg

These are the tyres I got Michelin Primacy LC & Michelin Primacy LC

Some guy on that site said he got them fitted for $850. I must have got a damn good deal!

Good reviews too :D from everyone. Which is a plus as I did no research and just agreed to the tyre the guy said.

Today I spent 6 hours detailing the car. It had been over a month since I last washed and the car looked like it was in need of huge TLC. Woke up nice and early and started the cleaning.

First started with a quick wash, then clay bared the whole car, washed it again this time thoroughly, gave the new Michelin tyres a very good sudsy wash, hosed down the engine bay, dried the whole car thoroughly, then applied meguiras tyre shine gel around the black plastic parts in the engine bay, then waxed the whole car using nxt gen wax with my wax attack buffer, tyre shined the new shoes, used meguiras dash spray inside the car and gave the interior a very thorough vacuum. Wiped all windows inside and out, sprayed glen 20 spray disinfectant on all the floor mats, closed the doors, locked her up in the garage and sat back and just starred at her looking her very best :D :D :D