What did you do to your car today?

insist on taking them for a test drive... you know when/where the car will make the noise.. so that way you can show them... :)

ahah good point hard when ur dropping car off and picking up on the way too work.. but will definitely do it next time..

if anyone has any idea or heard of this sort of noise or had this noise let me know ahah seriously keen to get rid of it

Well, got a bit bored this arvo and decided to do a test fit, found a few little things that i need to mod etc.

Pic's speak for themselves

*snip*

wow! 5S-FZE FTW!! how much boost does it run, what is involved?

Yes 1 of 8 Worldwide and the only one in Australia.

5.5PSI to start with, and i'll see how it goes, umm relocate the alternator, oil feed and drain, new injectors, fuel pump and a few other bits, so yeah hopefully it will be on before too long.

Edited by trentmeyer23

5.5PSI to start with, and i'll see how it goes, umm relocate the alternator, oil feed and drain, new injectors, fuel pump and a few other bits, so yeah hopefully it will be on before too long.

Hey Trent, where do you get these kits from for the 5S-FE? And what headers clear the torque rod mounts?

Gav.

Edited by chicaboo

Well, got a bit bored this arvo and decided to do a test fit, found a few little things that i need to mod etc.

Pic's speak for themselves

*snip*

wow! 5S-FZE FTW!! how much boost does it run, what is involved?

thats epic... running any engine managment? bigger MAP?

Hey Trent, where do you get these kits from for the 5S-FE? And what headers clear the torque rod mounts?

Gav.

Simple fact is you don't get them(they stopped making them a few yrs ago), i just happened to snap it up when it became available 2nd hand with on about 4000kms on it from the US.

I'm gunna run a SAFC to start with, much to the dislike of some, and the MAP will stay the same for now, did u need to upgrade yours? Coz I'm Guinea Piggin' this sh*t. :P

On Sunday I removed monoblock, replaced big audio HL battery with lighter and smaller Supercharge battery with new terminals, slightly redone the intake again.

Woot no more drag on the left LOL

Edited by 11TWO

Gav.

Simple fact is you don't get them(they stopped making them a few yrs ago), i just happened to snap it up when it became available 2nd hand with on about 4000kms on it from the US.

I'm gunna run a SAFC to start with, much to the dislike of some, and the MAP will stay the same for now, did u need to upgrade yours? Coz I'm Guinea Piggin' this sh*t. :P

duuuude you will need a 2bar map!! i has a spare if you want it.

also, safc sucks nuts... but since you have a second get 5S then you dont *need* engine managment... just the bigger injectors and map!

Swing me a PM mate, i may just consider it.

I tried to get my hands on an E-Manage, but gave up on it due to price. Plus the SAFC cost me nothing.

Edited by trentmeyer23

Put a expensive deposit down on some very expensive wheels that happen to be (imo) one of the nicest 5 spoke wheels in the world!

MMmm nice... what might they be?

Was going to keep it a bit of a surprise... but I'm terrible at surprises.

BIG_CRONO%20HT-CT_1.jpg.jpg

http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/wheels/racing/crono-ht/en

17x8 +35 5x100 in Silver (can only get in Silver for this offset). I think they mean this colour by silver, otherwise its the darker graphite silver. I like them both, so no problems there!

This time its no dodgy, ok we'll get them in, oh sorry we cant get them in yadda yadda yadda. Deposit is paid, they're in stock and on the way, a week or so away. Only a couple hundred more then the 5zigens I was going to import.

Edit: confirmed to be Crystal Titanium.

Edited by Mole

Nice rims. Would look great on the celica.

Anyway i got new rims on yesterday. 17" Work Meister SP1s. Also fitted braided brake lines the other day with DOT 4 Brake fluid.

post-2046-1266473030_thumb.jpgpost-2046-1266473006_thumb.jpg

OMG... epic!!!

Very nice Vincent...3 sets,i envy you. B)

btw how are the splits holding up?

I wish i had three sets. i have 4 sets. trying to offload one set now that i have decent rims on.

=)

They sound great, but left hand side split doesnt hold up. Using velcro to stick them down and on hot days it keeps falling off. LOL!

Very nice Vincent...3 sets,i envy you. B)

btw how are the splits holding up?

I wish i had three sets. i have 4 sets. trying to offload one set now that i have decent rims on.

=)

They sound great, but left hand side split doesnt hold up. Using velcro to stick them down and on hot days it keeps falling off. LOL!

Interesting. Any of them in 16s? offset? I'm kinda looking for a set. Let me know Vince

Today I braked really hard in my Aurion. Driving 60KM/h. Two lane road, the fast lane is blocked because traffic is entering the freeway and there is a backlog of cars, and the left is moving freely, so people stuck in the right is turning into the left lane.

Some idiot decides to pull out in front of moving traffic and the car in front brakes hard, smokes up and I notice at the last second (should be paying better attention) and I slam on the brakes.

Make matters worse, my sister was in the passenger seat, she screamed like it was the end of the world :lol:

I did not flinch one bit(awesome brakes on the Aurion, I trust them) but it was scary, all of a sudden it feels like the worlds gone into slow motion as you see the front of your car move forward closer to the rear of the car in front while the cars gradually coming to a stop as you lock on the brakes.

Also today I gave her a nice clean inside and out. Since it was at the Toyota mechanics for 3 days it got really dusty and dirty.

I need to clay bar again though. On the side panels there's all black dots. Very small that you can only see when your head is few iches from the body. But there are heaps of these black dots. It must of happened while in the enviroment of the Toyota workshop. Damn it!!

Edited by unique

Had my wheel balances checked because I was getting a really bad vibration through the steering wheel. Balance was good in general... unfortunately it was just because my tires are close to the end of their life and this time around, they worn as such so that they have created some imbalance. Had the two best ones moved to the front and problem solved. Rear is more forgiving to have the less 'balanced' tires.

And despite being nearly worn out.... they still grip Nebo like they always have.

Also washed her to get rid of all the dirt caused by rain over the last week... only to do a Nebo run and get some bugs on her again.

Today will be picking up my stuff from Toyota (strainer, gasket, etc) so I can change my transmission fluid soon.