Aurion Cosmetic Upgrade

dixie

Hi Guys,

I currently own the 2000 Camry Azura and was about to trade her, in for a new Aurion Presara. My local salesman tells me that there is a few cosmetic changes next month, for the current model. I believe new headlights, tailights, side badging, possible grille, maybe new stereo and fascia.

Has anybody got a heads up on these changes and if they are in fact going ahead. I would rather wait for the upgrade than buy the current model.

Regards............dixie.

So far it is all just discussion, but an update for the Aurion would be about right. In the overseas markets, the Camry has had a revision, so the Australian Camry and Aurion wouldn't be too far behind. The cosmetic changes would be among the lines of this. In my opinion, I hate the tail lights, love the front bumper and headlights though:

new toyota aurion 2010 in east asia

heyyyy

new aurion 2010 in east asia (camry)

1Aurion.jpg

2Aurion.jpg

3Aurion.jpg

4Aurion.jpg

5Aurion.jpg

And the head unit display should be like this:

6-1.jpg

Is it just me, or does the interior become more spacious, didn't know it is that spacious..

No changes. It's just the way the photo is taken and the lacking B-pillar in the edited photos that creates that illusion.

just woundering will the new grill fits the current model....

hope so... :huh:

I think the new grill is the same grill with their model..

It's just not available in Aussie..

U can always outsource them from Asia..

for whatever reason i can't help but feel like the new front-end treatment looks like the new V6 Honda Accord, and as much as the new tail-lights are LS460-ish they remind me more of the current Camry (?)

wonder how the newer stereos compare to the current selection. I can see AUX on the base model stereo there that's a move in the right direction, wonder if they'll finally add DVD compatibility and/or ipod connection? Seems a bit silly to leave out those almost compulsory features nowadays.

Guys,

I called into my local Toyota shop today re the new upgrade. They confirmed it will go ahead from the August Production line. I can't remember all the changes he showed me, but as you all know, there is a new front bumper, new headlights and tailights, new grille, mags have changed. No side mouldings and the Aurion badged moved up onto the rear of the front mudguards. No change to engine or transmission, 8 speakers now instead of 6 (+2, subwoofer and amplifier).

Improvements to illuminated vanity mirrors!! Radio fascia panel slightly changed including addition of Aux input, passenger seatbelt now has warning light and buzzer. Changes to part of the dashboard cluster, probably different gauges!!

Netting map pockets to rear of front seats, there was a couple more, but I was trying to memorise too many and lost count.

The available colours will be the same, but they are unsure if there will be a price increase with the upgrade.

Models should be available late August or in September.

Regards...........Dixie.

can't wait to see these changes in the flesh - might be tempted to check how many of these new parts fit the current model. Can't imagine it being too different

I called into my local Toyota shop today re the new upgrade. They confirmed it will go ahead from the August Production line. I can't remember all the changes he showed me, but as you all know, there is a new front bumper, new headlights and tailights, new grille, mags have changed. No side mouldings and the Aurion badged moved up onto the rear of the front mudguards. No change to engine or transmission, 8 speakers now instead of 6 (+2, subwoofer and amplifier).

Improvements to illuminated vanity mirrors!! Radio fascia panel slightly changed including addition of Aux input, passenger seatbelt now has warning light and buzzer. Changes to part of the dashboard cluster, probably different gauges!!

Netting map pockets to rear of front seats, there was a couple more, but I was trying to memorise too many and lost count.

Features like that have been available on the US models prior to the revision. Just goes to show how slow they are in Australia to do things. That passenger seat belt warning would annoy me since for my job I always carry at least a box of things on the passenger seat. That would certainly set the buzzer off.

can't wait to see these changes in the flesh - might be tempted to check how many of these new parts fit the current model. Can't imagine it being too different

But I can imagine them costing a fortune.

damn, they have air purifier?? dint know about that

That's on the Presara equivalent overseas. They actually had that feature before the model revision. It's part of the 'Plasmacluster' feature of the air conditioner. Basically it's just an air ioniser.

now, besides passenger seat belt warning I hope they put back in the knee air bag (also avaliable in US), do the pole test and get the five star ANCAP alreaedy (and by my calculations, would be the first Australian assembled car to crack 35.00)

Today newspaper: Headlines: Customers Connect TOYOTA has listened to its customers and is making Bluetooth connectivity standard across Camry and Aurion models. The Bluetooth plan is part of the facelift for the sedan ranges which will also include the availability of a reversing camera, alloy wheels on the base Aurion and a couple of extra airbags.

Whilst it probably won't happen, toyota need to look at the speedo inclinations. OR include a digital speed readout in the lcd display with the trip info. I like the set out of the tacho/speedo...but the speedo needs attention. It can be difficult to get an accurate fix on one's velocity. At the very least...do it for the sportivo models....c'mon toyota...why is it, you do soooo many good things and then poke your-self in the eye with a lame speedo. WE ALL LIKE giving it to falcon and commodore drivers....and it wouldn't cost you much money production wise to fix the speedo!!!...surely.

Are you referring to the way the scale on the speedo is done with the increments etc? I don't find any issue with that whatsoever. I find it quite easy to determine my speed from a quick glance.

Yeah DJ, the increments....i guess it's a personal taste thing i spose.......on a positive...the blue looks excellent. Mind you DJ the speedo increment is pretty much the only 'fault' i find with the car.

Yeah DJ, the increments....i guess it's a personal taste thing i spose.......on a positive...the blue looks excellent. Mind you DJ the speedo increment is pretty much the only 'fault' i find with the car.

Like you said, it is more of a personal thing. I just love the styling of it so I guess that it makes up for it with that instead. I have had so many people comment about how good it looks. Much better than the 91 Camry I was driving before hand. At least Toyota didn't design it like the one on my sister's Mazda 3. On that one, the 100km/h mark is nearly horizontal on the left. It makes it seem like 100km/h is slow. That only really works on the Ferrari gauges :lol:

I think that facelift gauge shown above (reposted below) may improve the readability. I reckon the lack of blue will help create a sharper contrast that would make it easier to grab a quick reading. I guess it will have to be seen in person to make judgement.

7Aurion.jpg

well mate toyota's on to a good thing with the aurion...lets hope a cosmetic upgrade doesn't stuff it up...the angle on the new front you posted looks slightly kluger-ish...but it does look alright...i agree about the tail lights...eeeeeek!! as long as the sportivo is visually attractive...we'll all be happy. And NO TRD anymore.......i think the ad goes....'BUGGER!'

Bro do we really need heated seats with our climate, and not to mention global warming :lol:

Only really needed if you have leather seats though since our winter can get pretty cold. I'd just rip it out and move them to the rear seats. Would be more effective then.

I think its a bit weird that on a 6 speed auto , the tacho guage is bigger than the speed guage .. I mean what's the point ??

It's the exact same size. As for the point... it looks good. What else are they going to put in there?