Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Seems the Koreans have slipped under the radar here with this rwd coupe. Released in 2008 in Korean, and 2009 in The States.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe

0-60 mph performance records of 3.8 V6

* Motor trend review 0-60 : 5.5 sec

* Car and Driver review 0-60 : 5.7 sec (all on regular gas)

* Popular Mechanics review 0-60 : 5.8 sec

* Edmunds.com review 0-60 : (1st record) 6.4 sec: (retest record) 5.9 sec

0-60 mph performance records of 2.0 I4

* Edmunds review 0-60 : 6.5 sec

* Car and Driver review 0-60 : 6.4 sec

According to Hyundai, the Genesis Coupe has a 24% stiffer bending rigidity than the BMW E46 M3 coupe

I know there will be many who will immediately bag it out as being Korean and various other stereotype comments, but those aren't bad performance specs.

Word I have is it is only being made in wrong hand drive, so won't be coming here. They didn't bother with right hand drive since Europe isn't interested in it. It's apparently the size of a Falcon, but at a starting price of about $22,000 USD it's pretty cheap!

hyundai-genesis-coupe.jpg

hyundai-genesis-coupe22.jpg

Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe_Pricing.jpg

I wouldn't mind having one. If we had them here and I was in the market for a new car, I definitely wouldn't cross this off my list. Seems to have some specs to back it up. I see they got some design cues from Audi with the front end.

From what i've seen Hyundai have improved their build quality and reliability as of recent years

+1. Gone are the days of the Excel with it's tin-plate soft body.

Decent interior as well. Bit plasticy but for the price, it's alright:

rocketpunchautoblog-genesis-1.png

I have to admit they are good specs especially for the price. But I still wouldn't be caught dead paying for one or driving one on the road.

The styling looks very bastardized... The old Hyundai coupe with bits stolen from Audi for the front and bits stolen Nissan for the back.

It is still a Hyundai. It will still fall apart.

It is still a Hyundai. It will still fall apart.

You'd be quite surprised. Hyundai have picked up their game quite a bit. I've been around a few of the newer Hyundai's and noticed that they seem to be built stronger than before.

I'm kind of with you there though... it IS still a Hyundai.

The car just doesnt look sharp enough... tbh i find the latest KIA more appealing in looks than Hyundai atm...

i have to agree there, the cerato koup does look good.

Hyundai or KIA... which is the lesser of two evils. Hard to say no that KIA is owned by Hyundai. I guess it comes down to which brand sounds better :lol:

The kia coupes also very nice , reminds me of an accord euro. I have akways had that sterotypical "they are garbage" type of view on these cars since having friends with Excels and the like of the older spec back in those earlier days. But the new stuff they are producing such as the i30 cannot be dismissed , they are fantastic little cars.

Hot pictures Gab!!!! But please !!!! no more!!! its still a Hyundai................... your hurting my brain... I can slowly feel my moral fibres deteriorating.

I have very high hopes for this car......... I hope it drives the price of the FT-86 down.