Aurion vs XR6

mate u will be fine

1) u have 10kw more then him

2) your car weighs less then him

3) since urs is front wheel drive u get better traction of the line

Somebody doesn't understand how weight transfer works...

The power to weight is so close it's hardly worth mentioning, but I will point out that the Barra engine has a very flat torque curve, and significantly more torque than the Aurion due to it's larger displacement. Matched to the right set of gears this can be a huge advantage.

In my opinion, the two factors which will decide this race are the gearing, and of course the skill of the drivers.

My money is actually on the Falcon, and this is coming from an soon-to-be-ex-Holden guy.

This thread is all talk. I want to see some action.

+1,000,000

FFS. Just set a date and tell your mate that's he's soft if he doesn't go and has automatically lost. At least you will get a time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good suggestion mate :)

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

hi guys iam new member

and thes Post what encouraged me to Registr in thes grat forum

All I can sid to our mate is you gana take him easily because i,ve seen the Aurion beat more powerfull cars (v8)

one of my Friend:

post-17665-1265855892_thumb.jpg

any way good luck :)

Regards..........

Edited by Aurion Syr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hi guys iam new member

All I can sid to our mate is you gana take him easily because i,ve seen the Aurion beat more powerfull cars (v8)

one of my Friend:

Regards..........

Hello and welcome to the forums. I hope you contribute as much as you receive.

I would like to make a few suggestions tho:

• Please make your signature smaller or people will report you to the forum mods to remove it. it is annoyingly big.
  • Take a little bit more time to edit your posts for spelling and grammar issues. (I am horrible at spelling and grammar my self, but I can pick fault in your writing).
  • Try not to boast about street racing or any other form of racing that is illegal in Australia as you will usually get a bad reputation around here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hi guys iam new member

one of my Friend:

Regards..........

Hello and welcome to the forums. I hope you contribute as much as you receive.

I would like to make a few suggestions tho:

• Please make your signature smaller or people will report you to the forum mods to remove it. it is annoyingly big.
  • Take a little bit more time to edit your posts for spelling and grammar issues. (I am horrible at spelling and grammar my self, but I can pick fault in your writing).
  • Try not to boast about street racing or any other form of racing that is illegal in Australia as you will usually get a bad reputation around here.

thnx Hidden Taco (HT) for the advices

i am Sorry for the bad english :P but i,well try to do my best

sorry for the Signature too i well resize it now

regards........

Edited by Aurion Syr

... i,ve seen the Aurion beat more powerfull cars (v8)

What you must have witnessed is a really bad driver then or an old V8 from a while back.

Well the photo he posted looks like a WK Statesman, so I'm putting my money on a really, really bad driver.

... i,ve seen the Aurion beat more powerfull cars (v8)

What you must have witnessed is a really bad driver then or an old V8 from a while back.

Well the photo he posted looks like a WK Statesman, so I'm putting my money on a really, really bad driver.

The Aurion will still give them a run for their money until around 50-60km/h, before the V8 comes into it's stride....

but if the driver is even half competent I wouldn't expect to get even a car length in front before then.

Dammit race already, I'm sick and tired of this speculation that won't give us anything but theories.

The Aurion will still give them a run for their money until around 50-60km/h, before the V8 comes into it's stride....

but if the driver is even half competent I wouldn't expect to get even a car length in front before then.

Dammit race already, I'm sick and tired of this speculation that won't give us anything but theories.

The Aurion might keep up till 50-60km/h, but it won't be in front (like that picture). Buckets of torque and tall gearing means there isn't much on the street that will keep up with a V8.

My bet is the Statesman in that picture was the N/A V6 version, which the Aurion would almost certainly beat - either that or it wasn't actually a race, just two cars near each other :P

this thread is stupid... makes the thread then doesn't come up with the goods.

But I will say this...

I agree with the whole driver issue. Best Driver will win.

My mate has an FG xr6 NA and I have a 2008 Sportivo sx6. I consistantly beat him, day in day out when he fool around, between half a car length and a full car length. Albeit, once my older brother hopped in my mates car (because we both think he cant drive), I still won, but by a nose and a bees d#ck!. We were pretty much side by side every go.

So the point... best drive will win... equal drivers... will be pretty much side by side. But I did notice, my brother consistantly had the better start, and I reeled in pretty quickly.

On the highway though, I whooped them both in the Aurion, which I was really shocked by. I thought the XR6 would have torn the Aurion a new (_º_)

• 3 weeks later...

Got me all excited as well.

Speaking of drag times, such a shame, but I never got the opportunity to beat my personal best. So as it stands, the time for anyone here to beat is:

14.131s @ 99.29mph

Come on guys, shows us what you've got.

Alright, I can be bothered trying to coordinate this any more. I'm going to contact the Townsville Drag Strip on Monday to find out how I go about doing a few runs and I'll head there on my own. I don't think I'll get a particularly great time at this stage with my stock Sportivo tyres and my 28kg sub in the boot. I'll take it out when I go for a run and see what happens.

Got me all excited as well.

Speaking of drag times, such a shame, but I never got the opportunity to beat my personal best. So as it stands, the time for anyone here to beat is:

14.131s @ 99.29mph

Come on guys, shows us what you've got.

I'd love to get even close to that but best I've done is 15.031s @ 96.33mph in stock trim.

Alot of this will be my body weight aswell as I weigh alot more than Daryl does. :P

I'd love to get even close to that but best I've done is 15.031s @ 96.33mph in stock trim.

Alot of this will be my body weight aswell as I weigh alot more than Daryl does. :P

One thing I learnt is that the Aurion likes to have some weight when going down the quarter. I tried once to see how it would go with a little more weight reduction and it just couldn't launch how I wanted.

I also learnt that for some reason, having some extra humidity actually helped.

It's all a task of finding what balance works with your car. The Aurion is pretty touchy with getting the launch just right.

Alright so finally some closure on this topic. Last night I headed to the Townsville Drag Strip on my own just to have a few runs. It turned out to be a good night. The first race I had was coincidently against an XR6. Now I didn't manage to film this run as I arrived before my friends with the camera and Townsville doesn't have time slips apparently or times displayed, they are simply announced.

I ran a total of 3 runs against the guy in the XR6, the first run we both launched well at the same time and it was very close up until about 120km/h when my car seemed to have just a slight amount more power than his. I ended about 2 car lengths ahead. Again, I am unsure of the exact times as I have no time slips to go by. The second run was very bad, I launched really badly and ended about 4 car lengths behind him, but did start to close the gap around the 120km/h mark. The third run against him was a much better launch on my part with another win slightly ahead. My final run against the XR6 was reported as 14.5, so not quite at Daryl's level yet, but with my sub and spare out of the boot next weekend, I can hopefully improve.

I managed to get a few videos of the night, some from inside the car and a few from the grand stand. I'll post them later. All in all I had a good night and was surprised a few times that I managed to get a faster time than a HSV Clubsport and two Monaros. Hopefully next Saturday night, I'll get out there again with my mate from work and close this for good.