Aurion vs XR6

When today i saw some XR6 racing everyone from the lights, guess what? I remembered Toyota forum :) So... I was car size in front of him when he gave up. I didnt hear any wheel spin from him, and mine gave just tiny squeal.

You have real chance to win this. :)

Once again, more street racing that has no bearing on a proper race. Who's to say he didn't floor it and start properly.

legend_of_lazz, will race average person, not pro racer, so i guess result will be close to average "street racing".

Well your 'street race' still doesn't quantify. legend_of_lazz is racing for the fastest time, not who crosses the finish line first. Reaction times don't come into play in this case.

For example, one old Ford that was in the lane next to me at the 1/4 mile yesterday had a reaction time 0.9 seconds faster than me. He was 1.5 to 2 car lengths ahead of me and crossed the finish line first. My 1/4 mile time however was faster than his.

So just because you were ahead, without a time, he could have been quicker than you to cover the distance.

Anyways, this is besides the point. You are talking about street racing on the forum here which you will find is not approved of by the mods. This is true for most automotive forums out there.

Reaction times don't come into play in this case.

Didnt cross my mind, you are right. No point in pro drag racing then. Just read official figures and off you go.

Edited by avstral

Didnt cross my mind, you are right. No point in pro drug racing then. Just read official figures and solve this case.

Official figures (as in those from car reviewers since manufactures don't usually have such figures) can vary because the person driving may not launch off the line to the best the car can handle. This can easily affect the time taken to cover the 1/4 mile... and it's this which usually results cars achieving better times down the 1/4 mile than what may have been published.

Remember, as I said, obtaining a good ET relies on a great launch. Some cars can launch harder than others and this is where a RWD will have a slight advantage.

Didnt cross my mind, you are right. No point in pro drug racing then. Just read official figures and solve this case.

Official figures (as in those from car reviewers since manufactures don't usually have such figures) can vary because the person driving may not launch off the line to the best the car can handle. This can easily affect the time taken to cover the 1/4 mile... and it's this which usually results cars achieving better times down the 1/4 mile than what may have been published.

Plus no two magazines/websites test figures the same way - you have variables such as number of people in the car, directions run, wind-speed, track temperature, actual track used, timing used (stopwatch, Correvit, G-Tech, track timing etc)

DJKOR - your best time is very quick. What's the fastest time you achieved before you did many mods (or, if not handy, the minimal amount of mods and what they were).

Just my opinion, but your best time smashes any magazines attempts that I've read of to date. True you've modded your vehicle, but so far it's mainly just small intake/exhaust mods right? I would hope the factory setup wasn't so bad that even slight mods would result in such excellent gains.

DJKOR - your best time is very quick. What's the fastest time you achieved before you did many mods (or, if not handy, the minimal amount of mods and what they were).

Just my opinion, but your best time smashes any magazines attempts that I've read of to date. True you've modded your vehicle, but so far it's mainly just small intake/exhaust mods right? I would hope the factory setup wasn't so bad that even slight mods would result in such excellent gains.

Unfortunately I had not taken my Aurion to the drags prior to doing anything to it. When I achieved my best time, all that I had done is change the rear mufflers, remove the lower intake resonator, replaced the upper resonator with a straight through pipe, and removed the front intake snorkel.

I highly doubt those contributed to the great time though. I think it was all in the launch. I was running half worn Potenza Adrenalins at their recommended PSI so nothing out of the ordinary there. Maybe the track was just really sticky at the time. Also I think the cool air helped a bit.

LOL, maybe it's the fact I push my car hard day in, day out.

any update??

been keeping an eye on this topic waiting for the update

hopefully well find out soon

i was cheacking out the ford forums. They sound kinda intimidated by the aurions. Some dont see holden as a threat cos their slower and heavier than the fords. but they do agree the aurion and the xr6 is a tight win. There was discussing something along the lines of the axis on the fords have gotta turn a good 90 degrees to get to good turn. the positive thing is that the FWD cars like the aurion doesnt have to turn as far.

im tired as hell..but here are the links to the pages i viewed

http://www.fordtorque.com/forum/showthread...odore-38p2.html

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.ph...age=1&pp=25

thought it would be interesting seeing that the ford owners had to say on their rival lol

Edited by Armstrong

Because both cars are quite capable of acheiving similar times, this is why I have said:

I would say it would be a close call that will be determined by how good each of you are as a driver.

For the purpose of this argument, until you get the same driver to drive both cars to the best of their ability, then it's not really going to be the car that determines the win.

Hurry up Adam and sort this out. It's been a week already :lol:.

Hurry up Adam and sort this out. It's been a week already.

Doing my best guys. We were all a go for last weekend but the small problem of non stop rain for a week made things impossible especially with a few places in Townsville flooding. Everyone at work seems to be just as anxious to see the results. All I can say is at this point is that I've been practicing my launches on a private road in a relative's property for the last week or two and am doing quite well in my opinion. I really can't wait to give it a go against him, just to see how it works out one way or another. I will update the second it happens.

Adam.

But my Supra on the other hand would cream them both - sorry aurion owners out there

Thanks Captain Obvious. Hmmm, it's like saying a fighter jet is faster than a commercial airliner.

Unless you have an N/A Supra... then you have automatically lost.

I reckon the XR6 will probably win, but come on he's racing an aurion not exactly a sports car - but then again neither is the falcon.

But my Supra on the other hand would cream them both - sorry aurion owners out there

oh I can see we are really going to like you...

I reckon the XR6 will probably win, but come on he's racing an aurion not exactly a sports car - but then again neither is the falcon.

You're a hero! :toast: If only I had a Supra my forum-wang would be so much bigger.

• Like 1

1st post.... :(

Any Aurion looks way better and prolly would out perform any n/a BA/BF on a day to day basis,this includes faults (ie how much time it spends at ford)/fuel econ/power/build quality/comfort ect ect ect.

and i don't think this drag race will do to much to change my mind,win or coming second the Aurion is a much better car IMO and yeah i've owned both.

Yeah, a member for 6 days and he/she (Miz = Ms?) decided to make their first post as that. They will be going far.

As well, even if you have a turbo, if you don't launch it properly or get you shifts right, the other guy is going to get a better time... and a race is a race for arguments sake.

This wasn't his first run either. Only really pay attention to the time slip. They had a reaction time 1.354 seconds slower than me hence why I get a couple of car lengths ahead at the start. Their trap speed indicates good power-to-weight which is why he caught up fairly fast. But first moments cost them the race.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

dsc05739cc.jpg

^ That bad 60ft shown on the time slip (together with the fact you can hear the mishift/hitting the rev limiter in the video) is a good indication of a bad launch. Didn't exactly 'cream' the Aurion did it.

It's one thing to say your car is faster, but proving it is another. I'm not saying the Aurion is a faster car, I'm saying that just because your car is powerful in terms of specifications, if the driver can't drive it, then it isn't exactly as fast as it can be.

On a side note, this is what I've basically been saying in my previous statements in this thread. Launching the car well is critical to getting a good ET which is all the OP is looking for. It becomes even more critical when you are putting two cars up against each other that have similar power specifications as in the end, no one really thinks about your launch because they will simply conclude which car is faster because their power specs are so similar.

In the case above where I got a faster time than a Supra, this is a case where the subject matter of launching the car would definitely be brought up because the Supra clearly has more power than the Aurion.

... If you get what I mean.

mate u will be fine

1) u have 10kw more then him

2) your car weighs less then him

3) since urs is front wheel drive u get better traction of the line

I wouldn't be so sure about that better traction business... As has been the main point of discussion here, being a front wheel drive requires extra care when launching to avoid loss of traction.

Rear wheel drives benefit from weight transfer during launch, which in turn provides more downward pressure (thereby more traction) over the rear wheels.

The weight of the engine over the front wheels does aid launching, but not to the degree that RWD benefits as per above.