Aurion vs XR6

Oh yea, 1 more thing, dun open ur window and wash ur car, make it sleek and smooth. so there's no resistance against the wind.. as the wind will simply 'slip'. :lol:

lol this is turning into a who-lose-the-back-seats-wins

not sure the nature of your bet but if it was me I would make it stock as in stock

would manual shift be the go?

I thought it was auto in 'S' mode, rev to 2k

on paper its too close

so to me the winner is probably the cheater hehe

I'm just starting to LOL at this thread. This is just going to make it as unfair as it can be. I'd say if you choose to strip weight off the car, the driver of the XR6 will need to do the same to keep it fair.

I will reserve my comments for now, but I will say this:

Stripping too much weight off the Aurion will not necessarily give you a better time. It goes against what you would expect, but one way or another, I guess you will find out.

For a FWD, a fatter driver might be able to do a clean launch easier.. b'coz his fats help push the front wheel down and minimizing weight transfer to rear

Time to put on weight

Ok, see as tho everyone else has a kookie way of cheating I ll add my piece.

Lazz, you should get into bed with someone in the IT department at your work and get them to see if the other driver frequents any ford forums then see if he has a thread as embarrassing as this one.

is your car red? if not a coat of red paint will make it faster - scientific fact!

+1.

If you're worried about the cost of painting your entire car.. Just paint your finger and toe nails red instead. Every bit of 'redness' will shave seconds of your time..

..besides, if you lose, your nails will look pretty when you're in the dress. It's a win-win.

mmm the best time an Xr6 could do on a grippy slightly down hill track was 6.9 and 14.9 or 7.24 and 15.24@149 km/h on the road. Aurions have been clocked a 6.8 and 14.8 a few times now on the road... sure the journo's are slighty pro drivers but the Aurion should still have the edge?

There is only one way to settle this arguement... and it's not by predicting it here.

Hurry up Adam (legend_of_lazz) and sort this out.

But then again, this test is limited to the driver as well.

Also it will depend on what auto he has, no doubt he has bought one of the 09 plated cars for 35,990 driveaway or what ever they are which only come with the 5speeder, these cars would be a a couple of tenths slower than cars equipped with the excellent 6sp ZF unit. But like DJ said just hurry up and do it already lol?

Haha this thread is great. I don't know how soon this will take place but his fiance is away at the moment so that could be a good sign. I will post results as soon as it happens. I'm thinking I might add a bit of lead weight to his car just for that extra advantage. I have to win, regardless if it's honest or not. And yeah, black dress, red nails it is if I lose. Will post pics one way or the other. Let's hope I win for all our sakes.

I have to win, regardless if it's honest or not.

Tsk Tsk. That is just p*** poor.

Let's hope I win for all our sakes.

You won't be getting any praise from me by cheating.

The only weight reduction that I would approve of when doing a stock drag race, is removing your spare wheel and jack.

Either way, that's just my thoughts on the subject. You do whatever you want'

Don't cheat. Its giving a bad name for us Aurion owners. Where is the principal! But damn I would love it for you to beat the Ford.

On top of that, if he fails to win, even with cheating, then he will make the Aurion look even worse, more so if his workmates were to find out.

Don't cheat. Its giving a bad name for us Aurion owners. Where is the principal! But damn I would love it for you to beat the Ford.

On top of that, if he fails to win, even with cheating, then he will make the Aurion look even worse, more so if his workmates were to find out.

Yikes, we would all become a laughing stock.

How is this possible?

Are the overseas ones modified in someway?

that isnt a race, its some guys going down a stretch of road. How is to say they had their foot to the floor the whole time?

turn off the aircon and drain all your windscreen washer fluid.

take out the floor mats

+1 on the washer bottle,i filled mine up from empty this morning and i swear it took about 4-5 litres...and running it dry would not be cheating. :)

is your car red? if not a coat of red paint will make it faster - scientific fact!

+1.

If you're worried about the cost of painting your entire car.. Just paint your finger and toe nails red instead. Every bit of 'redness' will shave seconds of your time..

..besides, if you lose, your nails will look pretty when you're in the dress. It's a win-win.

+2 on racing red...and i'm still laughing reading this (every bit of redness will shave seconds off your time. :lol: )

turn off the aircon and drain all your windscreen washer fluid.

take out the floor mats

+1 on the washer bottle,i filled mine up from empty this morning and i swear it took about 4-5 litres...and running it dry would not be cheating. :)

-2 for the washer fluid.

It's a 5 litre reservoir by the way, and that 5kg is extra weight that can contribute to a very very small amount of traction. It's f* all extra traction, but because it's only 5kg in the first place, I wouldn't bother emptying it. It WON'T improve your time.

The key to getting a good 1/4 mile time is your launch. It's a two part problem you have here. In one hand, reducing your weight will give you a higher power-to-weight ratio (which a good indicator is your trap speed) and can help you accelerate/launch quicker, but by reducing weight in the car, you get less weight on the wheels that will reduce traction available for launch. This is what I was saying in my previous statement:

Stripping too much weight off the Aurion will not necessarily give you a better time. It goes against what you would expect, but one way or another, I guess you will find out.

If you start getting blinded by this huge desire to beat this guy and end up stripping most of your Aurion down, you will learn the hard way that you need to maintain traction to get a good time when you are not increasing engine power significantly. When you don't think properly, then you start making mistakes. With the attitude the OP has towards this, I can picture such mistakes being made.

Remember, screw up your launch... and your ET will be higher and you will end up wearing the dress.

If I were you, I would just take out the spare wheel and jack and borrow a set of (street legal) semi-slicks if you can. Also push the passenger seat as far forward as it goes and move your own seat as far forward as you can comfortably go. Then stall it up higher and launch hard. Chances are, he won't notice the semi-slicks, which are street legal and therefore not really cheating.

How is this possible?

there is no way this is true my son is a benz nut and currently has a e350 coupe with 225kw 6 the in his text message i sent him with this video in his words "this being a 2004 e63 amg with 275kw there is no way the aurion will win thanks for vid dad" we had a little floor it race on the freeway last week starting from 80kph and he ****s all over the aurion by about 15 meters finishing at 160kph

How is this possible?

there is no way this is true my son is a benz nut and currently has a e350 coupe with 225kw 6 the in his text message i sent him with this video in his words "this being a 2004 e63 amg with 275kw there is no way the aurion will win thanks for vid dad" we had a little floor it race on the freeway last week starting from 80kph and he ****s all over the aurion by about 15 meters finishing at 160kph

Lets not get this thread out of control with street racing words. This is a legitimate track thread.

Anyways, that video is pointless. It doesn't prove anything. That other driver probably didn't want to bother wasting his fuel.

When today i saw some XR6 racing everyone from the lights, guess what? I remembered Toyota forum :) So... I was car size in front of him when he gave up. I didnt hear any wheel spin from him, and mine gave just tiny squeal.

You have real chance to win this. :)

Edited by avstral