REQUEST: New Face Lift Owners

SecaBoy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing is, there is a black and a white ZR6 I see regularly in my area and those tailights stand out like dogs nuts on those, but on silver perfect.

Hehehe... doesn't this sound familiar:

all depends what colour it fits with. it dosen't fit with the white, mabe the black or similar dark coulor.

I actually think it fits perfect with the white. Saw a white police facelift Aurion Sportivo and it looked great. Personally I think the clear tail lights work with the lighter colours like Silver and Reef. I think it would look bad on the darker colours.

looks great man!!

very jealous!!!

i dont care what people are saying... i'm still getting them for my car!!! :lol:

ive never modified my car for other people... always been about what i like... so, clear tail lights HERE I COME!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is where Greg (czaja74) had posted his outcome, I figured I should do so as well in this tread seeing that these were his. Thanks mate.

Now I did say I would think that such tail lights wouldn't work on a darker colour car, but I'm actually liking it. Photos don't seem to capture the way it looks in person. Like Speedz said:

... but they do look better in the flesh than in photos...

One thing I really like is that the fog light in the centre has had the back cut out to be ready for a bulb socket. This is handy because I am wanting to put an IR LED bulb replacement in to aid my reversing camera. On my old lights, there was not hole cut out. Anyways:

dsc05754y.jpg

dsc05755v.jpg

It's like my mesh grill when I first got it. It just didn't look good in photos, but in person it looked quite alright.

My late 96 Gen6 Camry has faded white sections in the quarter panel sections of the taillights both left and right.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if these tail lights would fit my model as the Aurion body shares a bit with mine.

I am already running and A/M Aurion style spoiler.

Also a link to the singapore seller and price if these may fit?

Sorry to be a pita.

Spied.

PS: They look great!

B)

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if these tail lights would fit my model as the Aurion body shares a bit with mine.

Not possible. The shape is different. For starters, you would have to modify the bumper and put on an Aurion boot lid before you even thought of getting everything else to line up.

What a shame.

Oh well, will have to search around and see if I can get some sort of LED tail light for my gen 6 Camry.

Or maybe just after market or wrexker lens's and just run LED's.

Thanks DJ.

DJKOR - if they look even better in the flesh, then they must be bloody HORN! They actually match your car very well!

They might not be limited to dark coloured cars afterall. Somebody want to photochop them onto a gold Aurion?

DJKOR

I really like the look of those tail lights on your car!!!!!

The fact that you have a red car and the previous tail light were mainly red for me it kinda all blended together and now with the new ones which only have that tiny bit of red, it just makes it looks awesome!!

In my opinion i can't imagine them looking any better than that on a different coloured car!! semi contradiction but i would also love to see these on a blue aurion, i reckon the hint of blue on the lights would make a very pair with a blue aurion

10/10!! :clap:

Edited by stedyedy

dsc05755v.jpg

It's like my mesh grill when I first got it. It just didn't look good in photos, but in person it looked quite alright.

I can't beleive you actually did it. Especially after what you said on Facebook after I took a photo of the Black Facelift ZR6 with them.

Question is, will they have the same 'DJKOR Approval' on a Gold ZR6? I'm not sure.

Oh well, will have to search around and see if I can get some sort of LED tail light for my gen 6 Camry.

Not hard to find:

eBay link - All Smoked LED TailLight for TOYOTA CAMRY 07-09 TRD

Also be VERY careful with that particular seller. Tash tried to purchase some for her Camry and well let's say she was put off by them after the seller was very dodgy. Says its in Morabbin VIC, no way. all from overseas. Very hard to communicate with etc. Just be wary :P

DJKOR

I really like the look of those tail lights on your car!!!!!

The fact that you have a red car and the previous tail light were mainly red for me it kinda all blended together and now with the new ones which only have that tiny bit of red, it just makes it looks awesome!!

In my opinion i can't imagine them looking any better than that on a different coloured car!! semi contradiction but i would also love to see these on a blue aurion, i reckon the hint of blue on the lights would make a very pair with a blue aurion

10/10!! :clap:

Thought i would try and do something constructive and attempt a photoshop onto a blue aurion and have come to the relization i am really bad at photoshop...

carfinal11.jpg

Edited by stedyedy

Now Ash would understand what u meant Daryl.. LoL.. He'll now be like OMG when he sees this. Anw, as I said b4, the clear tail lights really suit bright colours. Nice Job.

TofuBoi: It might not be a bad idea at all for a Gold colour

Thanks for the comments guys. I guess it goes to show that what you may think the outcome will be (whether it be good or bad), it can always surprise you at the end.

If it wasn't for Greg selling them, I probably would never have gotten them. It was an impulse purchase.

And as for the photoshop of ex-ELEGNT, I reckon these would be absolutely perfect with the Caribbean blue.

That's how I saw it when I did my 50/50 comparison. Having the different tone of the tail light helps break things up a bit and create more noticeable features.

Thought i would try and do something constructive and attempt a photoshop onto a blue aurion and have come to the relization i am really bad at photoshop...

carfinal11.jpg

I thought i'd try my hand at photoshopping them onto my Gold ZR6. I think I did pretty good but I forgot the new taillights have a slight buldge out of the sides, and i totally removed it hahah.

taillights.jpg

Honestly, I don't mind it. :)

Dooo eeett.

LOL. Looks like these lights are picking up on popularity. Go for it Nathan though. My justification is that the clear tailights (even though this is different to the Aus ones... it still is similar) only comes on the facelift Sportivos. Now the colour of our car is no longer a Sportivo colour anymore (yours is just gone completely), so it makes it more unique to have a pre-facelift in a colour like that with clear tail lights.

carfinal11.jpg

I thought i'd try my hand at photoshopping them onto my Gold ZR6. I think I did pretty good but I forgot the new taillights have a slight buldge out of the sides, and i totally removed it hahah.

taillights.jpg

Honestly, I don't mind it. :)

That's come up alright actually. I forgot about the red reflectors in the rear bar, they help the clear lights blend in.

Dammit, visiting this forum is BAD for my wallet. Wonder if a group buy is in order?

Dammit, visiting this forum is BAD for my wallet. Wonder if a group buy is in order?

Steven, u can still ask VF-X whether he is willing to add additional items for the Group Buy from Thailand, if possible then u can have the lights pretty soon :clap: hahaha..