bonnet scoop...

yale

Is it still called a scoop if it lets hot air out rather than scoops cold air in?

A scoop that is almost flush with the bonnet might look nice. Depends where you put it.

I much rather a scoop have a practical reason for being there rather than for looks.

looking at the bonnet it is a large surface area, it needs something to break it up, whether its a bonnet scoop or some form of stripeing dare I say it like an xr6. it just needs a feature to finish it off. IMO.

Personally not a fan of bonnet scoops unless they're factory fitted - aftermarket ones tend to ruin the clean lines of a vehicle imo

This is my opinion as well. To me, having a scoop on the Aurion would just seem out of place. Personal opinion though I guess.

Personally not a fan of bonnet scoops unless they're factory fitted - aftermarket ones tend to ruin the clean lines of a vehicle imo

This is my opinion as well. To me, having a scoop on the Aurion would just seem out of place. Personal opinion though I guess.

I agree. Mostly.

Unless it was done Subaru Liberty style...

trdaurionscoopwheelsvinylcopy.jpg

That bonnet would look awesome on a Sportivo or TRD.

Personally I would not do it unless it had a function, maybe to supply more cool air to an after market intake orSRI. A bonnet scoop doing nothing is just as bad as putting on those fake plastic brembo brake caliper covers in discussion at the moment.

To add to my previous statement before, the only case I could imagine a bonnet scoop working is if you were to get a completely new bonnet... as in shape. It's just the way the bonnet is... I can't quite figure it out.

Edit: I'm thinking it might do with the fact that the bonnet seems wider than it is longer.

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys was thinking of putting one of these on my ZR6...

what do u think..? :huh:

I think u should fotoshop it and see how it would look... if you do put it on take pics and post it... where do u get them from?

there was an aurion with a bonnet scoop on carsales a while back... IMHO it made it look too much like a commodore... I'll see if I can dig up some pics when I get home in a couple of days

The Source

scoop

hey guys was thinking of putting one of these on my ZR6...

what do u think..? :huh:

I think u should fotoshop it and see how it would look... if you do put it on take pics and post it... where do u get them from?

there was an aurion with a bonnet scoop on carsales a while back... IMHO it made it look too much like a commodore... I'll see if I can dig up some pics when I get home in a couple of days

Edited by zr6_user