interesting topic from a ford forum

Armstrong

I must say, at least the discussion over there is quite civilised. They are understanding the market for the Aurion and that it is definitely not a granny car in terms of it's output.

Edit: LOL quote for the negatives of the two:

and Kez to be OT, the OP has an ATX not a SX6 so to compare apples with apples, omega vs ATX.

200kw > 190kw

336nm > 290nm

end result, one understeers into the first tree and the other one as as much forward momentum as a pullback and release car from a 90's toy collection.

All I gotta say, if you got the Aurion to race you got the wrong car! I think the Aurion is sexy. Just look at HT's car ^^, the car just screams elegance and styling, Aurions don't parade around like Fords and Holdens with there flashy body kits and loud exhausts.

No offence but I've always been turned off Holdens and Ford's no matter what because they scream bogan and hoon.

I love the Aurion for what it is, a reliable Toyota, an everyday car, looks very decent, safety, the specs.

Add few things to Aurions like rims and stuff and it's one sexy Toyota :P

In terms of chasis setup, given that is a large front wheel driver, it understeers, and the ESP comes on too early. It cannot be turned off. Neither can the traction control.

ha doesn't know how to turn of ESP

I seen that too, if you read further on, someone does say that it CAN be turned off.

In terms of chasis setup, given that is a large front wheel driver, it understeers, and the ESP comes on too early. It cannot be turned off. Neither can the traction control.

I seen that too, if you read further on, someone does say that it CAN be turned off.

Was just about to say. It's not their 'native' type of car anyways. It's a question even asked by owners of an Aurion.

It was just good to read that they understand that despite being the family type of car it is, it can still pull its own weight. They did go off into a bit of a round argument, but they handled that quite well for a forum as such and didn't let it turn into a s*** fight.

All I gotta say, if you got the Aurion to race you got the wrong car! I think the Aurion is sexy. Just look at HT's car ^^, the car just screams elegance and styling, Aurions don't parade around like Fords and Holdens with there flashy body kits and loud exhausts.

No offence but I've always been turned off Holdens and Ford's no matter what because they scream bogan and hoon.

I love the Aurion for what it is, a reliable Toyota, an everyday car, looks very decent, safety, the specs.

Add few things to Aurions like rims and stuff and it's one sexy Toyota :P

:lol: Thanks!

It is funny, I have never really seen anyone compare the Aurion to the VE Omega and it is rare to see it compared to the base line Falcon. That in its own right tells me that most people are taking the Aurion seriously. Is it fair to say the Omega is the disgrace of the class?

I'm with Unique in that Holden/Ford scream bogan to me, I like to be different. Although occasionally I do get tempted to buy some of their makes. For instance I think the new Cruze is hot, and would consider buying one for my wife because a Sportivo Camry is a further reach in budget for us trying to start their life together.

I think Toyota being seen as a white goods manufacturer is a thing of the past, unfortunately that does mean they are focusing less on quality and more on bling. But from my experience Toyota has a lot of quality to lose where Holden/Ford have a lot to gain.

EDIT: p.s. I posted on there.

there okay but there boring to drive no feel they just drive. they dront drive awosomely!!! the trd blown ones are very quick but massive talk steer like a mazda 3 mps

I like this guys post

...FWD, understeer...is bought up more often than needed

how often do we (drivers of family cars) floor it mid corner?

in the other times, all 3 family cars in question have big, heavy, front-mounted engines and will be noise heavy no?

...FWD, understeer...is bought up more often than needed

how often do we (drivers of family cars) floor it mid corner?

in the other times, all 3 family cars in question have big, heavy, front-mounted engines and will be noise heavy no?

Either way if you floor it in the Aurion the safety features are there to prohibit direct understeer anyway. That's just my two cents. :P

wow :o there’s a thing lol, expected that to be full of hate and nothing but cop outs

mm i know pretty much all of them had only ever driven the At-X model with just a few with some experience with the Sportivo’s or TRD cars but seriously the torque/under steer isn’t that bad? Granted i have bigger wider wheels, stiffer suspension and chassis bracing but I’ve never ever had an instance we’ve i gone sh!t I’m about to understeer into the first tree? It just doesn’t happen... if anything having a reasonable amount of power through the front wheels just makes you a smoother driver as you have to feed the power in nice and smooth not just smash it like a hoon! Lol but yes the Ford guys were pretty fair!

Good interior quality? Is Ford's quality actually worse than ours or they renew it in the later model? It's not a bad quality, but not a good one either..

I must say, at least the discussion over there is quite civilised. They are understanding the market for the Aurion and that it is definitely not a granny car in terms of it's output.

Edit: LOL quote for the negatives of the two:

and Kez to be OT, the OP has an ATX not a SX6 so to compare apples with apples, omega vs ATX.

200kw > 190kw

336nm > 290nm

end result, one understeers into the first tree and the other one as as much forward momentum as a pullback and release car from a 90's toy collection.

lol yea mybad :P

Well that discussion started to go a little off-topic in an on-topic sort of way. Very valid points made there though. Realistically though, the 2GR is a little 'dated' but from a design perspective, it has proven to work time and time again so it's no surprise that Toyota hasn't updated it yet. At the end of the day, it's intended to be a race engine (with the exception of Lotus).

i kno this might be a stupid question but could any1 tell me how to turn the ESP off, i have a 2007 Aurion sportivo zr6 wich i recently bought and i couldent find the ESP button,

i have checked if its next to the parking sensors switch, and its not there any help that will be great

i kno this might be a stupid question but could any1 tell me how to turn the ESP off, i have a 2007 Aurion sportivo zr6 wich i recently bought and i couldent find the ESP button,

i have checked if its next to the parking sensors switch, and its not there any help that will be great

You might have checked your car's dash, but did you check the forum properly? Have a read of the FAQ provided by DJKOR here, it is also pinned right at the top of the Aurion Section.

Q) How do I turn traction control off?

A) The only way to turn traction control off on the Aurion is to follow this sequence (in under about 30 seconds):

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

3. Engage the parking brake.

4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

6. Disengage the parking brake.

7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

10. Release the brake pedal.

11. Engage the parking brake.

12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

When you have completed these steps, the traction control warning light should illuminate (the car picture with wavy lines behind). To turn traction control back on, you need to turn your car off then back on again. That is the ONLY way to do all that.

You might have checked your car's dash, but did you check the forum properly? Have a read of the FAQ provided by DJKOR here, it is also pinned right at the top of the Aurion Section.

A) The only way to turn traction control off on the Aurion is to follow this sequence (in under about 30 seconds):

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.

2. Start the engine.

8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

When you have completed these steps, the traction control warning light should illuminate (the car picture with wavy lines behind). To turn traction control back on, you need to turn your car off then back on again. That is the ONLY way to do all that.

That sequence makes me laugh every time I read it - I think we should call it the Aurion ESP Tap-Dance.... :)

That sequence makes me laugh every time I read it - I think we should call it the Aurion ESP Tap-Dance.... :)

I feel embarrassed performing this procedure at the drags (and the one time I was at the track), because all I could think of is the guy behind me thinking "WTF is he doing?".

more like dance dance revolution (the arcade games for those who are scratching their heads)

2. Start the engine.

yea thx i saw that straight after i posted thx mate anyways

i just wish theres a button that can turn it off anytime and turn it back on

Just checked up on the thread. Closed due to excess trolling. Was good while it lasted.

It's unfortunate, but with internet forums most topics that rely on people's varying opinions inevitably results in some degree of trolling.

Can't we all just get along? :P