Fuel economy

Most of you probably don't care about fuel economy, but for those interested I just got 821k out of a tank, it took 58 litres to fill it, 50% of driving was on freeways sitting on 100kph. Thats 7.1 Lt/100k or 40mpg in the old measure, I recon 900k is not impossible if you drive like granny.

My worst is 8.5 Lt/100k.

So how does your 2zz perform on the fuel usage ????

Yeah thats pretty good mate but could ya tell us what kinda of rolla u driving?

Sportivo or Ascent etc.. Would help me understand those figures a bit better

I just did 7.9L/100km :D in my 05 sportivo... 605 kilo out of 48 Litres using BP Ulitmate

Most of you probably don't care about fuel economy, but for those interested I just got 821k out of a tank, it took 58 litres to fill it, 50% of driving was on freeways sitting on 100kph. Thats 7.1 Lt/100k or 40mpg in the old measure, I recon 900k is not impossible if you drive like granny.

My worst is 8.5 Lt/100k.

So how does your 2zz perform on the fuel usage ????

That's awesome, I'm currently running at just under 600 kms and it just dropped bellow a quarter but I'm regularly putting in 50L when the light comes on and it says it's empty so I'll se how far I can push it..

PS... this is with Caltex Vortex98 on the 1st attempt following almost 6 months of a pure BP Ultimate diet

Silva - 58L I'm guessing it's a stivo... Standard rolla tank is 55L :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Forgot to mention that my figure includes the cruise to Kiama the other week (had a decent run up Jambaroo Mountain but heald up everywhere else), I filled up before hand and still going on that tank

i just pulled off 480km on ~50L, short travels for two weeks, lots of speed bumps!

so that's 10.5L / 100km

lol!

my best is 600km on ~50L, shell optimax, highway travel mostly (to and fro melb/geelong)

that's 8.3L / 100km

since i started to leave to go to work later and coming home later i miss the peak traffic both in the morning and at night and my economy has gone from 8.5-9.5 L/100k's down to 7.5 to 8.5 L / 100k's.... :D :D :D :D :D

I just got 821k out of a tank

u drive a prius u liar :P :P :P

:lol::lol::lol:

normally im lucky to get 5 hungies but since changing to vortex 98 i've been ettin 560 -580's

That'd be flogging it.

At work, we had one of the first 2nd Gen Prius's in the Qld Government fleet and we'd get 1000kms per tank giving it a hiding....

normally im lucky to get 5 hungies but since changing to vortex 98 i've been ettin 560 -580's

That'd be flogging it.

At work, we had one of the first 2nd Gen Prius's in the Qld Government fleet and we'd get 1000kms per tank giving it a hiding....

they don't move too bad tho.

hm...i'm averaging about 8.3litres/100km on city driving...and that's with the air-con turned off as well :D

with the air-con on, it's about 9.5-10litres/100km...

how'd you guys avergae 7s for city driving? i'm trying not to push the car too much, shifting around 3-3500rpm but can;'t really seem to get it under 8litres... :(

hm...i'm averaging about 8.3litres/100km on city driving...and that's with the air-con turned off as well  :D

with the air-con on, it's about 9.5-10litres/100km...

how'd you guys avergae 7s for city driving? i'm trying not to push the car too much, shifting around 3-3500rpm but can;'t really seem to get it under 8litres... :(

Im the same as u .. change gears on 3000-3200rpm.

do about 580kms with the fuel light on for about 15kms. :angry:

80% is driving on freeway to work.

i just touch into the early 700s per tank on my levin... i dont know how u guys can get 800 and my car is stock as a rock. Im gonna go reset the ecu on the weekends and see if i can pull 800s i want this car to last me 1 tank of petrol over atleast 2 weeks =D hehehehe <---- cheapscape :lol: i drive like a granny too shifting before or early 3k.... i wonder wats wrong with my car.... i want that extra 100 kmz <_<

I did that driving from Brisbane to Toowoombah and back sitting on a constant 100kph along with other freeway driving around Brisbane.

The worst Ive got out of the Sportivo is 8.5l/100k, (my average is 7.8).

My wife gets slightly better economy out of the Sportivo than I do.

Speaking of the wife, she has a Corolla Levin 2002 and we got 5.8l/100k (48.4mpg) on a trip from Brisbane to Byron Bay and return.

I'm quite a bit older than most of you guys and I rarely rev past 5000rpm, I hit lift once or twice a week.

The trick to getting good economy is to keep the revs low and slow down early for those red traffic lights.

i just touch into the early 700s per tank on my levin... i dont know how u guys can get 800 and my car is stock as a rock. Im gonna go reset the ecu on the weekends and see if i can pull 800s i want this car to last me 1 tank of petrol over atleast 2 weeks =D hehehehe <---- cheapscape  :lol: i drive like a granny too shifting before or early 3k.... i wonder wats wrong with my car.... i want that extra 100 kmz  <_<

The Sportivo has an extra 5L in the fuel tank!!! :P

points ---->

Corolla Levin 2002 and we got 5.8l/100k (48.4mpg)

(shocked) :o How do u maintain ur car? thats amazing. i wanna get the same figures =P but im sure there r many factors that change the values. :(