CLOSE CALL

Survived a close call last nite guys. I went out with tomee a.k.a shinobi last nite, picked him up and went to city to kick back a bit and wateva.

On the way home to drop him off at broady, there was a supra with HID's following closely behind me and highbeaming me constantly and beeping at me.

I didnt know who it was or what was happening, seriously, i thought it was some supra owner from the forums who recognised my car.

Who kept at it constantly, im like what the? who is this supra? I was on the right lane and he'd been doing that for a while so i moved to the left

lane so he could pass me, but all he did was move to the left lane too. Then i moved back to the right and he moved too then left and again he moved

too. All the while maintaining probli a distance of less than 1metre behind me.

I could see how this was going to turn out so i speed off, i really didnt want an accident to top off my night. I thought i lost him in traffic wen i sped off and while glancing in my rear view mirror, i saw him zip out of traffic and began to chase me. This was residential streets, i probli

shouldnt had sped off but seriously thought he was going to smash into my car.

I was outta of there pretty fast, then i hit the brakes and slowed down and saw that he had passed me and took the turn off going left, but as i passed him i saw that he just sat there and waited till he saw that i was going straight still and drove over the island and started to chase me again. At this point im getting scared, thinking the worse.

I sped off again trying to lose him in traffic but it was like 2am and almost no other cars around.

I was going to run a red light but tomee told me not to and to just stop. I was like omg omg, hes gonna hit me man! he pulled up to a quick stop behind me, got out of his car, i was like SH#T! wen he almost made it to my door i just took off again, he swore something at me, hit my driver side window and kicked my side mirror real hard. Side mirror was full facing forward and the mirror cover broke off.

I was in utter shock. Didnt know wat to do. I was so angry and swearing and almost tempted to pull over and punch on with him.

As i kept driving cars started appearing so i just kept driving, another car moved in behind me so i was like good, hes not gonna see me now.

I pulled up to the intersection to turn right to tomees house and stopped, and i saw in my rear view mirror he was still fanging it down and even though it was a red light he went straight through it, i was like 'omg hes gonna kill someone!'

Surely enough a guy was driving through in a ford falcon and the supra smashed straight into him front on, spun 360 about 3times and ended up on the kerb about 20metres away. The falcon was gone from the moment of impact, and slid softly into a pole. He's whole front end was smashed in and engine was smoking, pieces of plastics, metals, bumper was everywhere.

I quickly told tomee to call the police but within 5mins there was ambulance, police and the fire brigade and shortly after many many more.

The guy came out swearing and bleeding, refusing help from paramedics and even pushed him. Two police officers were trying to assess the situation and see if he was injured badly, still swearing and being non-cooperative, started swearing at everyone around the scene, the police sprayed him with pepper spray. He was obviously drunk.

I stayed around for about an hour till the scene was cleaned up so i could tell my story to the police. They did a report and got our details. He will be charged with assault on us and criminal damage plus many many other charges for speeding, drink driving and causing the accident, assaulting police officers.

He was thrown in the police car and was still swearing and kickin around in the back.

Me and tomee spoke to the falcon guy, poor guy, right place at the wrong time. He was bout 30seconds from his house. And if he had hit that pole, would of been a fatality.

In some ways, i feel sorry for the guy because hes really gonna be in for it now, but in some ways it could of been much worse, could of been me and tomee, could of been game over ZRE and me or tomee too.

Now to sort out a new mirror cover. Mirror electrics work ok. Sighhhhhhhh :angry:

So wasnt asking for this. Me and tomee were singing in the car and doing 60km for ages before it happened. Bad way to end the nite.

Then driving home, thinking, maybe i shouldnt mod my car.. grabs the wrong attention. :(

Edited by johnnieboi

Geez mate thats fcked. Dw about the mirror, police will take care of that. Its still road worthy so dw about it. U did the right thing not getting out of the car as well. And about modding ur car, it doesnt grab any attention really (unless u r doing something stupid). I know i havent yet. Ill be home soon ill pay ya a visit later

That is the most insane story I've ever heard. :o

Glad you guys are alright, wrong place at the wrong time I guess. Even I'm stumped on how something like that could have happened.

that guy will cop it, one less fa**et on the road. lucky he was weak and it was only the side mirror cover that broke off. we'll take a closer look today at the car to see if any other damage. sigh =[ i feel for you johnny

Holy ****.. whatta story, that guy in the supra deserve it though, but i felt sry for the ford falcon.

but if i was the that situation i would got out of the car and do sumthing, but every1 is different :þ

but im glad ur alrite mate and also ur sportivo.

Edited by BigBoi

Geebus. Glad your alright. Ive had a similar thing happen years ago with the 1J Cressia. After reporting it, later the next day i was notified that there were a number of car jackings in the same area that night. I was boxed in by two cars, luckily they underestimated the power of my car and my ability to drive. I normally wouldnt recommend driving like a crazy fool in semi residential areas but sometimes you just have to, even if its not the right thing to do. I would rather leg it like you guys than risk a stabbing or worse. I would say there would be more in that guys body than alcohol, all bets on he was a ice-head as well. Typical behavior.

Tazer would have been more awesome ....

That should stop his swearing PERIOD!!!

Sorry to hear about that dude but oh well, now for a new mirror ......

Glad you're ok.. Dun wanna talk about this sh*t down at the annual meet. :S

Tazer would have been more awesome ....

That should stop his swearing PERIOD!!!

Sorry to hear about that dude but oh well, now for a new mirror ......

Tazer is for criminals.. :D

Thats scarey stuff man.

I think this is a lesson for everyone.

In a similar situation like this, i think the best thing to do is Call the Cops from your mobile and say,"I am driving on such and such road, theres a White Toyota Supra with the rego XXXXX(if visible),that is high beaming me, Driving Dangerously and may potentially cause an accident. Can you please send someone down.... etc.... (Something along these lines)

99% of the time, you will be shocked and may not think of calling the cops, but instead, gun it down the side streets. It's always good to call the cops, that way you will have back up if something is likely to happen :)

Edited by Ronnyboy

Thats scarey stuff man.

I think this is a lesson for everyone.

In a similar situation like this, i think the best thing to do is Call the Cops from your mobile and say,"I am driving on such and such road, theres a White Toyota Supra with the rego XXXXX(if visible),that is high beaming me, Driving Dangerously and may potentially cause an accident. Can you please send someone down.... etc.... (Something along these lines)

99% of the time, you will be shocked and may not think of calling the cops, but instead, gun it down the side streets. It's always good to call the cops, that way you will have back up if something is likely to happen :)

I know man. After telling my entire story like 6times already.. (shutup tomee! =P ) i think maybe i should of called the cops while he was tailing me. But its hard to say in that situation. Sometimes you do things differently, i couldnt imagine how different it would of been if i got out and we punched on.. very messy it'd be. I think i did the right thing.

Something i will learn is that i should try and call the cops next time, but then again i had adrenaline running through me. i dunno

what the hell?! that story is nuts!

the only part i don't get is why was he chasing you in the first place?? was it just road rage cause you were blocking him in the fast lane?

Nah he was drunk and off his face.

what the hell?! that story is nuts!

the only part i don't get is why was he chasing you in the first place?? was it just road rage cause you were blocking him in the fast lane?

I dont know mate. Probli drunk and on drugs or something. It wouldnt have just been road rage, because i merged into the left lane, then he followed, then back to right and he followed again. I dont know. If only i had sportivo.. wouldnt of been way outta there hella fast.

Did you get the Supra's rego? what was the colour? What natio was the fa**et?

No i didnt get his rego. The police got all those details down. It was either blue or purple colour. Natio was caucasian, dont know.. wog? Happened around ur area too Rowell. Hope you and tomee and hong never get the same experience.

I dont know mate. Probli drunk and on drugs or something. It wouldnt have just been road rage, because i merged into the left lane, then he followed, then back to right and he followed again. I dont know. If only i had sportivo.. wouldnt of been way outta there hella fast.

He was most likely on E's or other drugs, as Hard Kandy was on last weekend.

No i didnt get his rego. The police got all those details down. It was either blue or purple colour. Natio was caucasian, dont know.. wog? Happened around ur area too Rowell. Hope you and tomee and hong never get the same experience.

Yah there are plenty of them retards there. Get them once and a while. Well at least the b*stard got what was coming to him. I will tell you my stories about broady area on next mini meet lol.