Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

Hey buddy...nice job on the coilovers,these should help you out a bit at Winton.

also congrats on the new addition to the fam :clap:

Awesome, I too am very jealous! :D One day I swear :lol: Glad to hear they are very comfy so far too and have given you exactly what you wanted :)

niceeeeee, what did u do with ur old springs?

they in a box in the storeroom lol

Awesome, I too am very jealous! :D One day I swear :lol: Glad to hear they are very comfy so far too and have given you exactly what you wanted :)

money is everything :(

final ride height

2011-05-07141600.jpg

basically only side that i raised is the drivers side front, which was 7mm higher. this keeps a nice even gap around the tyre to the wheel arch. superlows were too low and i was scraping everywhere. dampers set at 17 fronts and 15 rears. camber is set at -0.3 and the toe +1.1mm. still getting used to the corner capability. when track day comes towards the end of the year, i'll be looking at starting at -3 camber and -2.0mm toe with increased dampers and semi-slicks to add to the handling. right now i'm being abit more sensible in regards to mods ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the long awaited oil change since track day. cars done 5000kms since then.

look at the oil i was using when i dropped it -_-

2011-05-27220406.jpg

found that redline oil when i dropped it the same amound of ks as the hpr5 was darker than the hpr5! the texture of the oil wasn't very appealing too. lucky i decided to change then.

anyways, in with the new oil and this time a Baldwin oil filter.

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

nice red colour :P

got the baldwin filter for 10 bucks compared to the 19 buck ryco filter and the SIN5 cost me 55 bucks as my cousin's uncle had a employers 25% discount off everything in store! FTW! :lol:

after hearing so many ryco filters failing i decided to go with the USA made filter and see how it goes. flushed the engine using genuine oil from toyota and dropped it and the filter. oil was looking pretty dark still. whacked in the oil and the filter and started the car up so the oil goes through the filter. after turning it off and letting the oil settle for a top up after my shower. turn the engine... click click click (rapid clicks).

i left the headlights on too long (stupid noob FML) so went this morning to my uncles and borrow his jump leads and used my other uncles van to jump start the car. also resetted the ECU and the cars running very smooth again :)

see how this oil goes for the next 10,000kms. however i doubt i'll be doing that much from now to november track day. so i might have to drop it again before i track.

if your still getting sludge from the old oil, try using an engine flush/detox next time duy

Yeah I should have used that with the genuine oil I put in to "double" flush it. Oh Wells ill do that next time... :))

I rate the Penrite Duy, I use the HPR10 (10w50) Semi-Synthetic and so do alot of the Corolla guys in the AE82/AE92 with the 4AGE's. Very affordable and doesn't chew through much if any oil. That Baldwin filter looks huge! Our oil filters are the same size too I think (Z386?) so I'll keep an eye out next time for them filters.

I was considering a group buy for the forums. If you wanted me to get some for u I can. :) the factory isn't far from my house.

as for the filters they are different. Rycos are Z386 for you n Z432 for stivos. Same thread n both will fit both cars. Just the surface area for the filters stivos uses are more hence the longer looking filter

The Baldwin equivalent for the 4AGE engines is B33 (most other corollas use the same filter)

Oh and the box is much bigger compared to the filter itself :P that's why it looks huge lol

Ahh nice! Thanks for info, keen to get my hands on some of them - they look good ('cause they're red :rolleyes:) Do you know if these filters have the anti-drain back valves?

not just plain old red they are wiggle red... :rolleyes:

and g'day Duy hows things mate and more importantly hows is the little munchkin going?...any pics of the little one?

Ahh nice! Thanks for info, keen to get my hands on some of them - they look good ('cause they're red :rolleyes:) Do you know if these filters have the anti-drain back valves?

all info here dude :P

http://www.baldwinfilters.com.au/

look in the products > lube section ;)

not just plain old red they are wiggle red... :rolleyes:

and g'day Duy hows things mate and more importantly hows is the little munchkin going?...any pics of the little one?

little ones keeping us up at night at times... u'll see him at winton in novemeber lee :lol: i plan to take lauren on the track at least once :P

For the ricer in me...

+1kw :P

great sticker there mate, i was just thinking of making a "vvti inside" but i can imagine it's like me saying to the crowd "it's got 5 seatbelts" and people saying "no ***** it has" :lol: