Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

Would there be a problem if the scuff guards are already stuck on the car?

if ur talking about the oem scuffs, u need to remove those to access the wires underneath.

if ur talking about just the illuminated ones, depends on how their stuck down... i used double sided tape (3M one). if its super glue and the wires are tucked inside? gg for you. if not, ur laughing.

but please do wrap the part of the wire that goes along the metal to the wire looms underneath with duct tape as opening/closing the doors will cut the wires causing a short thru the wiring system

if ur talking about the oem scuffs, u need to remove those to access the wires underneath.

if ur talking about just the illuminated ones, depends on how their stuck down... i used double sided tape (3M one). if its super glue and the wires are tucked inside? gg for you. if not, ur laughing.

but please do wrap the part of the wire that goes along the metal to the wire looms underneath with duct tape as opening/closing the doors will cut the wires causing a short thru the wiring system

I've got the red illuminated scuff plates. BKS had installed them when he owned the car, but never got around to wiring them up. I would assume they are held down with double sided tape too.

Edited by dyslexik

I've got the red illuminated scuff plates. BKS had installed them when he owned the car, but never got around to wiring them up. I would assume they are held down with double sided tape too.

pi$$ easy then :lol:

received this in the mail today :yahoo: thanks to xoom

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

had a close look at those welds in the pipes...

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

now i haven't looked at other headers before but comparing to this pic...

P1020127.jpg

the welds don't seem THAT bad... :huh: at the start of the header seems very restrictive. i'll take a before and after picture when peter @ head2head's finished with them.

looks awesome inside man! how'd you change your cluster light to blue? ive always wanted to do it to mine

???????????

oh sh#t my stupid iphone laugh.gif

what i wanted to say was there is a workshop submission

1Zz Levin/2ZZ Sportivo Cluster Light Mod Change

Also you're not far from me so if you want we can meet up one day for me to show you. the guide's pretty clear though

GL

looks really complicated man, yeh im just in deer park one time when youre free can probs meet up and help me out! i think i may have seen your stivo around the area

looks awesome inside man! how'd you change your cluster light to blue? ive always wanted to do it to mine

???????????

Also you're not far from me so if you want we can meet up one day for me to show you. the guide's pretty clear though

GL

looks really complicated man, yeh im just in deer park one time when youre free can probs meet up and help me out! i think i may have seen your stivo around the area

sunday? no wait, come out with us west boys on friday night...? then u can meet the rest of the guys smile.gif

Here are some pics of fresh CES Racing headers (ie ported stock ones)

This is what my collector looks like:

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

And what the engine side looks like:

IMG_0833.jpg

I'm gonna be selling these soon for a better setup..

nice and clean and1, but not good enough for u it seems :lol:

well i talked to peter today and he was by himself at the workshop so didn't get to talk to him all that much. but he did show me the parts that he believed were restricting the flow of air. so hopefully when i get it back early next week i'll chuck them on and see how much of a difference it makes :spiteful:

toyota gave me the 1zz gasket instead of the 2zz so i went back to get the correct one. the 2zz one they gave me doesn't look all that good compared to the 1zz. maybe its just the packing? :unsure:

???????????

GL

sunday? no wait, come out with us west boys on friday night...? then u can meet the rest of the guys smile.gif

This friday? where you guys heading? ive got a 21st though so kinda depends what time cos id love to suss out some other cars!

This friday? where you guys heading? ive got a 21st though so kinda depends what time cos id love to suss out some other cars!

we normally meet up at sunshine plaza carpark and go from there.. either wash.. eat something.. maybe a run. pm one of us ur number and we'll msg you for future meets. ;) your like seriously 5mins away from me and kenshinx

4th cylinder...

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

Collector... (left)

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

Collector ... (right)

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

Got this bad boy to "Exhaust Bros" @ 287 Princess Hwy Footscray and Chris was very good in swapping them over even though he hasn't done work on the 2zzgte before.

For the guys who plan to do this in the future and take it to an exhaust place who haven't done work on a 2zz engine before:

remove the top heat shield from the top of the engine bay.

then you need to take off the mid pipe, take off the rear engine mount and loosen the front sway bar before you can take the exhaust manifold out.

The verdict:

freaken awesome!!! i have increased power band throughout the rev range (esp the top end) and the engine feels happy to be revved high up in lift now. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Also the difference will be most felt at 3rd gear. 1st and 2nd not much difference.

good BFYB mod! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have my original ones for sale in the Buy and Sell section if anyone is interested, get a chain of port polishing going! :D

i noticed today and yesterday there is some vibration noise coming from the front of the car (it seems so). yday asked mrs to rev the engine to 2 - 2.5k where the sound is more loud and tried to pin point where the noise is... i tapped the exhaust with my foot and the noise is gone.

came back again while i was driving to my parents this morning but when i got my local mechanic to look at it he said there isn't anything touching the chassis...

now im worried that the bolts for the manifold weren't in tight enough and is causing the vibration after i drove it a little hard. the bolts fro mthe factory came out really tight and i said to him to hand tighten the bolts up really tight for me. r you meant to torque up these bolts and nuts?

it could be that the bolts on the heat shield aren't in properly and causing vibration too.

i checked the top ones but the bottom ones i cant get to.

it didn't happen when i left the exhaust place. it only start yday night. i took it for a thrash (of course with the newly ported headers) but it didn't happen straight after.

it only happens in the 2 - 2.5k rev range only when decelerating in gear or revving up to 2 - 2.5k in neutral.

the exhaust place did fix a different rattling problem when my engine was cold and it was due to me knocking the back exhaust on the gutter causing the pipe to bend. he fixed it by him heating up the bent pipe with a torch and me slowly levering the exhaust back to where it should be. no noise now but this different noise is present.

any ideas on what it might be guys?

cheers

polished up those headlights/foggies and tailights. took an extremely long and painful time getting those oxidation clouds off (yes the foggies were extremely dirty this was the best i could do...) :unsure:

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

dunno why the bottom part of the tailights were cloudly, maybe it was just the way the picture was taken. there was a substantial amount of stone ships on the headlight too which can maybe polished out with the sandpaper method to restoring the headlights

did a full detail on my car yesterday... i ended up skipping the claying part as i thought there wasn't much contaminants even after 6 months of driving... seriously i dunno why i do it. because i'm an idiot or because I care too much...? -_-

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

everytime i full detail my car i feel a feeling of dread coming up... seriously... CBF DOING IT ANYMORE!!! the most hardest bit is the polish. you have to let it dry before you buff it off, that means it sticks really hard on the paint and u really need to push hard and fast to get the friction going to get it off :angry: the wax isn't so bad though... good way to finish up the job :whistling:

next time i'm just gonna do a panel per day because really, while there is a really deep gloss/shine its not worth half of my bloody day when i can be doing something else ;)