Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

Putting the sway bar on... i found that the bottom end of the sway bar on left side didn't fit the bolt! :angry: but with a bit of levering with the screw driver, i managed to get it in...

ITS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

DSC00582.jpg

i hand tool tightened the bolts with the breaker bar. not too tight but used abit of body weight... hopefully it sits nice and tight and no need to retighten later becuz of knocking etc. :)

also just chuck in another pic of the engine bay in the day time :P

DSC00584.jpg

haven't driven it around yet... i'll give it a thrashing when i finish work :P

Good stuff mate :clap: ...i'm guessing these new mods will come into play nicely this weekend,look forward to chasing you thru the twisties. :D

Good stuff mate :clap: ...i'm guessing these new mods will come into play nicely this weekend,look forward to chasing you thru the twisties. :D

Ummm not sure who will chasing who this time :P in fact. Im not sure if im going to push it that hard this time as the brakes and bushings and mounts arent in. At least i should get the bushings in as then i can get the wheels rotated n alligned n the brakes skimmed ready for the cruise :spiteful: but there will always be a next time :D

Btw car handling improved remarkably. Left to right steering is effortless compared to the stock torsion bar (dunno why they even put the stock one there in the first place)<_<

yeah baby... yeah! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

going to mechanics tomorrow to get these in... heopfully he can finish them all in one day, but i'm going to tell him the bushings are more important and that the engine mounts can be done at a later date if he wants... ;)

DSC00584.jpg

I think you're missing custom bright red headers mate! :whistling:

Peter.

You mean intake manifold ;)

You can buy a set from the US for a bit over a grand US :clap:

chucked these in thanks to my mechanic (did the front bushings) not pictured.

and these motor mounts inserts...

front...

DSC00590.jpg

rear...

DSC00591.jpg

the verdict.

control arm bushings (front and rear)

postive: control arm bushings helped ALOT for the steering, much less effort combined with the front strut and the rear sway bar

negative: rougher ride? well thats ok dont eat too full :P

motor mounts

positive: engine is much more responsive as more power is transferring to the wheels rather than through movement of the engine. when hitting lift and changing gears, more stable.

negative: increased noise around the cabin esp on idle where the whole car vibrates 10-15% more (more like the drone from a cannon exhaust but not as bad)

i guess its not damaging as its not giving me a headache everytime i drive it. esp today after alot of driving for the cruise :)

conclusion: money well spend if ur looking for a good performance but practicality down 1 point. well spent big bucks on this so i wont be getting rid of these any time soon...:)

• 4 weeks later...

Well i got these yesterday...

DSC00660.jpg

the finish was good but they weren't perfect, one of the front door sills had 2 minor kinks in them and the other one didn't but didn't sit very flush with the door sill (due to weak double sided tape)

but u don't really notice until you start looking for it, so i just installed them in and this is the result :)

day pics

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

night pics

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

quite happy with the illumination as they go with the internal blue/black/chrome/silver theme :clap::toast:

looks awesome inside man! how'd you change your cluster light to blue? ive always wanted to do it to mine

???????????

oh sh#t my stupid iphone laugh.gif

what i wanted to say was there is a workshop submission

1Zz Levin/2ZZ Sportivo Cluster Light Mod Change

Also you're not far from me so if you want we can meet up one day for me to show you. the guide's pretty clear though

GL

Was it easy to do Duy? I'm not confident in installing the transponders myself. Transponders are sleeping in the box that BKS had given me when i took the snail of his hands.

Was it easy to do Duy? I'm not confident in installing the transponders myself. Transponders are sleeping in the box that BKS had given me when i took the snail of his hands.

its pretty easy, took me around 1 hour to do. just the rear right door is a bitch because there are three red/black cables and only one of them works and i ended up getting the 3rd and last one (just my luck -_-)

come over one day i'll show you how to do it. and you can practice your soldering skills :lol:

oh man, I hate your drive way lol... I can't angle my car down it because of the kerb and its dropped another 25mm since I was there last time.

My soldering skills is upto standard, but as for splicing wires - thats another story. :P

When it's sunny and I've got a day off work, i'll give ya a buzz to see if your free.

...and its dropped another 25mm since I was there last time.

this is so BS, you are NOT ALLOWED TO be lower than my car LOL :lol: :P

we can do it on the road if you like. or u can raise your car abit haha :P

im waiting on brimbank council to fix all the cross overs on main rd east since they fixed SOME of the footpath already.

but i reckon this isnt happening any time soon -_-