Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

Dang,double dang :( ...thats some sh!tty luck mate,you bust your azz for a few hours and it ends up all for nothing,lol been there done that so got an idea how ya feel,you almost feel ripped off in a way,hope they fix the problem or give your cash back asap.

yeah but thier professionalism made me give them a second chance... and why not? i'm getting a brand new one now that i've played around with the old one :P

What?? you got rear sway??? damn man.. all out suspension mods eh? Should of buzzed me dude.. i would of helped you out.. after work hours wen im free.

i dont know when ur free mate, how about helping me get m cai on tomorrow? i have NOOO idea how to get that front bar off......................... :P

i dont know when ur free mate, how about helping me get m cai on tomorrow? i have NOOO idea how to get that front bar off......................... :P

Just follow the front bumper removal guide I printed out and laminated for you dude (Downloaded from TOCAU). But skip the step that tells you to unclip the grille tabs from the front bumper. Just leave them attached together and just flick out the 2 plastic screw clips I showed you top middle of grille and at the bottom back middle of grille. Then unscrew the 2 screws from each side of the grille.

Then unscrew the 6 bolts on the diagram and flick out the 2 upside down plastic screw clips in the middle of the bumper with a flat head screw driver. Total of 8 you need to unscrew and flick out.

Then pull each side of the bumper from the underguard area slowly and carefully until the hook tabs detach themselves fromt he car body. you need to untab it all the way to the grille side corner of the headlights.

After doing this, you should have both sides of the bumper hanging hopelessly. Put a couple of yellow pages under the bumper to help it hang horizontally straight.

Unplug your foggies.

Then carefully tug at the front bumper from the bottom middle. Make sure your handbrake is on, the car will move forward when your tugging at it.

If its stubborn, see if you can see the metal part of the body holding the front bumper tab inserts. try and bend the metal bit slightly with a flat head screw driver. this will allow the front bumper just to slide out easier without the need to put force in it.

These can be located one on each side of the corner of the headlights closest to the grille.

I've attached a more simple and easier to read version of the diagrams.

Screw clips = circled in red

Grille tabs = circled in green (Skip this step)

You can also you Danny's post as a guide with PICS!

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26806

Just follow the front bumper removal guide I printed out and laminated for you dude (Downloaded from TOCAU). But skip the step that tells you to unclip the grille tabs from the front bumper. Just leave them attached together and just flick out the 2 plastic screw clips I showed you top middle of grille and at the bottom back middle of grille. Then unscrew the 2 screws from each side of the grille.

Then unscrew the 6 bolts on the diagram and flick out the 2 upside down plastic screw clips in the middle of the bumper with a flat head screw driver. Total of 8 you need to unscrew and flick out.

Then pull each side of the bumper from the underguard area slowly and carefully until the hook tabs detach themselves fromt he car body. you need to untab it all the way to the grille side corner of the headlights.

After doing this, you should have both sides of the bumper hanging hopelessly. Put a couple of yellow pages under the bumper to help it hang horizontally straight.

Unplug your foggies.

Then carefully tug at the front bumper from the bottom middle. Make sure your handbrake is on, the car will move forward when your tugging at it.

If its stubborn, see if you can see the metal part of the body holding the front bumper tab inserts. try and bend the metal bit slightly with a flat head screw driver. this will allow the front bumper just to slide out easier without the need to put force in it.

These can be located one on each side of the corner of the headlights closest to the grille.

thanks hope this ckears up things for me... :P

btw with the bar... grant said that the measurement from end to end is 1040mm... i measured mine to be 1037mm <_<

grant threw in a whiteline t-shirt for me too for the trouble i been thru :toast: how about an under bar while ur at it? :spiteful:

Unplug your foggies.

Thanks for posting this mayne.. gonna need it during my annual leave when I plan on actually finally making time to work on my car. :yahoo:

Cheers

Car is looking good Duy, still looking forward to seeing what else you got planned for it..

P.S some fker stole my aerial the other day :angry: freaking sad k0nts I swear

Unplug your foggies.

Thanks for posting this mayne.. gonna need it during my annual leave when I plan on actually finally making time to work on my car. :yahoo:

Cheers

Car is looking good Duy, still looking forward to seeing what else you got planned for it..

Sorry to hear man. First it was your side skirts and now your stubby aerial? Maybe time to invest in a car alarm system dude with remote pager that vibrates to warm you of thieving scumbags messing with your car.

wtf? maybe the lebos down the street struck again? :P

i agree with row, get an alarm... i should get one too <_< u can have mine if u want LOL :P did they just unscrew it or did they snap it off?

The 3A pod filter will fit duy.

scroll all the way to the end of the post.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=711

If your using the bracket to bolt the TRD cai down, the cai should sit an inch higher. You secure the bracket near the bottom end of the fuse box closer to the headlight. It should make the cai sit a bit higher compared to bolting it down at the top end of it closer to the strut tower.

You need to use this below and hopefully you have a spare nut to secure the top end of it.

If you don't have a spare nut to fit the bolt thread, then use a couple of cable ties to hold it for the mean time or forever.

Supercheap auto has plenty of nuts and they let you try it before you buy...they let me open the packaging when i was looking for screws, bolts and nuts to mount my amp in the boot panel.

wtf? maybe the lebos down the street struck again? :P

i agree with row, get an alarm... i should get one too <_< u can have mine if u want LOL :P did they just unscrew it or did they snap it off?

snapped it off, the bit that holds the aerial to the car is f#$ked too now... man, I have bad Car-ma :lol: but hey, least I can still take the p#ss out of everything

so i went ahead and got the cai installed today...

after taking the bumper off so easily i knew that it was taken off in the past becuz of the flexible piping that led air in to the oem air box...

DSC00562.jpg

with a bit of jiggling and stuff i finally got the cai to mount in the correct places

DSC00564.jpg

paint came off a bit on the silicon but i think it wont go into the throttle body as the paint sticks tight to the silicon from the cai to the throttle body

picture of the filter (3A racing)

DSC00566.jpg

picture of it on the cai

DSC00567.jpg

yes its very much bigger than i initially thought. and i got the trouble of fitting back the bumper on... so i jiggled the cai closer thru the silicon tube to the throttle body + tried to push the adapter for the filter further up the pipe to get more clearance. finally i got the bumper in place but the thing was its just touching the fog light :angry:

also caused the mount to be off from where it should be...

DSC00578.jpg

closer pic of the cai with battery and everthing else chucked in

DSC00574.jpg

finished...

DSC00570.jpg

any suggestions guys? i'm planning to try to readjust the cai so it sits further up the pipe so it clears the fog light more...

but i must say... PWOOOOOOOOOOOR NINJA!!! :ph34r: mad induction noise and all. i reckon from 4k to 8k it now roars not the little growl it had before :P

i used a shorter drift filter to clear the foglight. this was an injen cai though.

eomiu.jpg

Im sure there were other options too but the reason y i chose 3A over others was the shootout they did recently on all filters... 1st in flow n 2nd in filtration. k&n was like 150 compared to 30 so ill try the cheaper one first :P

Cut the silicone hose a bit shorter. Then secure it on the cai with another hose screw clip.

i cant the way the silicon was made if i cut it i will shread the stitching on the silicon. the only way is to push the silicon pipe further up the pipe have the filter have more clearance

ok folks this is the best clearance from the foggie as i can get... but i think the start of the cai is too close to the end of the filter. would this affect the flow volume of air going thru the cai to the engine?

DSC00581.jpg

i also tied one of the brackets to the metal part of the fuse box to have it sit higher... LOL it will have to do until i get a proper cable tie... which is like... wheni cbf :P

also chucked my sportivo cluster back on just in case something doesnt work (esp check engine light :P)

i hope that when you had the front bar removed, you pulled the lights out for the JDM headlight mod :P

i ben following your thread, its a very nice build you going :D

Evo

i hope that when you had the front bar removed, you pulled the lights out for the JDM headlight mod :P

i ben following your thread, its a very nice build you going :D

Evo

haha no i didn't... :( wait til i have more time and down time on my car so i can do it :) maybe a trip to the wreckers... :)

maybe a trip to the wreckers... :)

Don't bother dude, I was quoted $560 a pair prior to attempting to do it on my own headlights.

cai+pod looks good Duy. :toast:

Vacuum much over the weekend? hehe

you can buy head lights off ebay.. i got my pair for 50 bucks each but i was quite lucky. I'd be keen to see how much power one of those CAI's give you as ive made my own and i'd like to compare...

maybe a trip to the wreckers... :)

Don't bother dude, I was quoted $560 a pair prior to attempting to do it on my own headlights.

cai+pod looks good Duy. :toast:

Vacuum much over the weekend? hehe

yeah man, everytime i put the foot down my whole body moves towards the front left! LOL :D vaccuum ftw!!! :D

also found after only a couple of hours of driving 5 bugs stuck on the pod dead... i cant imagine what it will be like after 10,000km :P

you can buy head lights off ebay.. i got my pair for 50 bucks each but i was quite lucky. I'd be keen to see how much power one of those CAI's give you as ive made my own and i'd like to compare...

actually if u just copy any of the designs, u should be getting the same sh!t. i had an ugly pipe before going into the oem air filter box and it was smaller so didn't suck in alot of air compared to the trd cai but i reckon its not that much difference... just mad noise :P

woohooo got my rear sway today, as soon as my uncle comes home i'm gonna get his jack and put it on straight away :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

got free tshirt too :P

My "Uncle Evil's" spec CAI is fair game and it made a notable difference in the way it sounded and it feels a little happier down in the lower RPM's so im rather happy for 20 bucks and an hour of play time... Let me know if the rear sway makes any difference ;)