Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

Hey Hitokiri Battōsai... :ph34r: sending you a pm in regards to the coilovers, bushes and engine mounts.

pm read :)

also finished the cluster finally! reckon i should change the red line led (white) to red one?

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

Looks sick! Maybe you should do footwells with me? :P

Peter.

umm blue footwells too? maybe abit of overkill... but white sounds good :D

Looks sick! Maybe you should do footwells with me? :P

Peter.

umm blue footwells too? maybe abit of overkill... but white sounds good :D

Yeah do white, I'm doing mine amber/orange to match my dash. B)

night time pic...

DSC00345.jpg

the dashes blue looks brighter than the centre consoles... oh wells...

NINJA!!! :ph34r:

Awesome dude! i need sunnies to sit in your car LOL!! next mod, strobe lights under neath your seats when you hit lift :P

Hey duy, do you know how to replace the bulb in the ashtray? Mines busted and never knew it was meant to light up until i saw your DIY workshop submission

Hey man i remember it being one of the first topics in the workshop submissions. :)) remember u gave to say bye bye to the old bulb cuz u have to snap it out to replace it with the led. But wait til u do the one in the auto button. Ull be over it by the time u finish it haha

Hey man i remember it being one of the first topics in the workshop submissions. :)) remember u gave to say bye bye to the old bulb cuz u have to snap it out to replace it with the led. But wait til u do the one in the auto button. Ull be over it by the time u finish it haha

You don't need to snap the ashtray bulb to remove it.....

Just pull it outwards as its a T5 sized wedge. It might be a tad hard so use pliers if your weak :spiteful:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't need to snap the ashtray bulb to remove it.....

Just pull it outwards as its a T5 sized wedge. It might be a tad hard so use pliers if your weak :spiteful:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

man, u keep shooting me down guan... first its the 595 evos and now ur calling me weak! #$@$%&@#%$!@#%&@$)(*#%^*#%^@#%$! :angry:

only jk mate... B)

NINJA!!! :ph34r:

oh wait i mis read it... yes the ash tray bulb is a funny one... at times mine works sometimes it doesnt... i dunno what the story is but i havent had it working for a long long time :P i never use the ash tray anyways, so i'm not worried, plus i rather not have it light up as the green cannot be changed and i rather it not been seen :P

oh wait i mis read it... yes the ash tray bulb is a funny one... at times mine works sometimes it doesnt... i dunno what the story is but i havent had it working for a long long time :P i never use the ash tray anyways, so i'm not worried, plus i rather not have it light up as the green cannot be changed and i rather it not been seen :P

¥uri has done it in his corolla in the workshop submission posted by ZAV.

Click the link and scroll to post #80 http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6848&st=40

reckon you can do it too duy and add it to your DIY workshop submission?

Edited by dyslexik

can you dim it if needed?

Also would like to know if it can be dimmed using the LED replacement bulbs. I've read that LED can't be dimmed.

Duy, is there a dimming function on the Levin cluster like the Sportivo digital one has? If there is, you can try it to see if it does dim.

@1stkill - yeah i can still dim it. in comparison to the original white ones. the white ones were almost twice as bright. but i think this is good for me as i dont want to ruin my eyes (blue light is very harsh). i reckon the white leds have at least 1500 mcd (these blues r 1000 mcd max)

@dyslexik - yeah i can but you know cuz of the green plastic thing stuck on the ashtray itself, i cbf and u cant see it unless you open the ashtray anyways (same goes with the key igition switch you cant see it unless u open the door) tongue.gif you can do it for me one day if u want biggrin.gif

@danny123R - DIY guide here biggrin.gifhttp://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/33073-diy-instrumental-cluster-colour-mod-revised-270511/

@dyslexik - yeah i can but you know cuz of the green plastic thing stuck on the ashtray itself

I would just punch out the green plastic thing out of the ashtray.

Did you also replace the 12v lighter bulb with an LED or just put a blue bulb condom over it?

lol thats so you, just like you smashed the two covers that cracked on u... so whos fault was that EH? :ph34r:

Did you also replace the 12v lighter bulb with an LED or just put a blue bulb condom over it?

i dont fancy condoms (esp coloured ones) :P i just soldered a blue led with a resistor on it and pushed it back in. the beauty of that was that if you plug it in the wrong way, u can just twist out the connector and turn it the opposite way instead of taking out the bulb and putting it in again :)

i reckon you should do your dash and everything white... hunt around for a levin cluster if u dont wanna touch your sportivo one... it would look so nice with the rest of the interior... change lights dome and mirror lights auto lights and put in foot wells as well ALL WHITE! that will look like a show car and look sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :yahoo:

can you dim it if needed?

Also would like to know if it can be dimmed using the LED replacement bulbs. I've read that LED can't be dimmed.

Duy, is there a dimming function on the Levin cluster like the Sportivo digital one has? If there is, you can try it to see if it does dim.

i once thought this too but i did my research and found they all have a dimming function (yes even the ascent models). leds can be dimmed with a potentiometer/rheostat/variable resistor. thats why on the spec sheets for my coloured leds, the voltage ranges from 3.0 ~ 3.3V (with 30mA current). i think what they mean by these values is the optimum intensity of the led. if it falls below 3.0V then it still works

what i also found out was that where i replaced the red led for the needles for the white ones, the white ones then dont glow as brightly as the resistor on the circuit for the red leds are of higher value for the white ones. nevertheless it still works there is enough current going through, it will light up.

i dont fancy condoms (esp coloured ones) :P i just soldered a blue led with a resistor on it and pushed it back in. the beauty of that was that if you plug it in the wrong way, u can just twist out the connector and turn it the opposite way instead of taking out the bulb and putting it in again :)

Do mine then along with the ashtray bulb and console screen invert. :D

Chucked this on...

DSC00349.jpg

i've driven it around bends and it seems more stable but i've taken it off now and will go over the bends again later tonight and see the difference... (if there is one)

also did people tighten it after they took it for a run after and did you guys use washers as i feel uncomfortable with bolt straight on metal. also whats the torque setting and do u really need it to be torqued?

lol thats so you, just like you smashed the two covers that cracked on u... so whos fault was that EH? :ph34r:

LOL... well the wind blew the covers off on to the ground cracking the corners. So me hurling one of the covers accross the enclosed area towards the garage wall, was just to make sure noone can use it ever again...hehe. Well I bought a replacememt celica cover anyway for $50 off a JDM half cut ZZT231!

Chucked this on...

DSC00349.jpg

i've driven it around bends and it seems more stable but i've taken it off now and will go over the bends again later tonight and see the difference... (if there is one)

also did people tighten it after they took it for a run after and did you guys use washers as i feel uncomfortable with bolt straight on metal. also whats the torque setting and do u really need it to be torqued?

It makes a difference dude. The whiteline comes with metal spacers. Cusco one I have installed now, the spacers are welded on. yes metal on metal is fine.

Better to have the nuts tightened enough not for it to loosen while cornering. if the nuts lossen, they may end up shredding the bolt thread.