Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

@he works at home man. Dr of Accupuncture and chinese herbalist. if you need thuoc bac.. give him a buzz.

and yes.. very nice car indeed. very jealous.. esp in the power (lift) department.

Hey guys, due to a forum mate convincing me, i've decided to put up my ride for sale... opps i mean for you guys to view :D

Background and "some" useless information:

Model: June 2003 Toyota Corolla Sportivo 1.8 VVTL-i, 6 spd man

Colour: Black Mica Metallic (Ink) paint code: 209

ODO (when bought 02/08/09): 73,XXXkm

ODO (as of 22/06/10): 95,XXXkm

Condition: few dings and some scratching underneath by previous owner :( otherwise very good. No deformed panels etc.

Mods when bought:

King Springs Super Lows on standard struts

Custom CAI tubing from bendable plastic to fit the original induction box

Debadged and added "TRD sports" badge on the front grill

3 inch muffler tip on the original sportivo exhaust

TRD Quick Shifter and solid metal bushings

Falken fronts ZIEX tyres 205/50 r16

Pioneer HU with infinity front speakers + tweeters and clarion rears + tweeters

alpine ampliers (1x4 chan and 1x2 chan)

13inch sub in custom box free rolling in the boot

genuine corolla sportivo mats

4250K HIDs

Left rear stock Bridgestone turanza 195/55 r16 (ok NOT a mod but was swapped when bought due to other tyre being not road worthy)

Right rear Milanza 205/50 r16

DBA front left disc (changed because left was undersized, left the right front stock rotor on though <_<)

installed voltmeter to the light switch control (yes very useless until light turns on)

I think there was some kind of a front strut on as well as the bolt in the chasis are a bit rounded off and has some round marks on the paint around it

also had a bigger rear vision mirror and slimline wipers on the car but took them off before the sale :angry:

Ryco oil filter Z432 with Mobil Semi Syn Super 3000 10W-30

Genuine Toyota coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid

Was bought off a honkie name Wing Chun Lai (Wilson Lai) (if anyone know him rego number UXG487). He bought it off a mate who also had to return to HK as he finished his studies and got PR here. He said to me that if he knew i wasn't gonna look after it, he would sell it to me :)

This car was on the car sales website for 20 mins before i called him up scooped it from him :P

Pictures when i first bought the car

interior and some mods pics

Looks so clean man, im loving it. B)

hopefully mine will be something like yours one day

update: 26/06/10

Picked these up today (thanks to Stock and Tash :clap::toast:)

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

not putting them on yet as i have got alot more stuff to buy before i chuck everything on and dyno it smile.gif

Sic car dude! By the way nice write up on the DIY instrument cluster light mod, don't know where you find the patience to do all that.

update: 26/06/10

Picked these up today (thanks to Stock and Tash :clap::toast:)

not putting them on yet as i have got alot more stuff to buy before i chuck everything on and dyno it :)

8% improvement on handling and major suckage now

Took quite a few photos on the great ocean run. These photo thanks to Johnnieboi...

DSC00197-1.jpg

First Stop at Geelong Great Ocean Road

After wash at st albans...

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

i scratched my panels to sh!t last night from the road i took back to melbourne, very dusty and dust particles migrated from one panel to another :angry: ahh back to the detailing kit again :(

yeah he did say 135 ea once but i went back to him and after he asked how much did i quote for u i said 130 ea LOL :yahoo: how soon u reckon u have to change them?

ages away lol...i still got plenty of tread. But My mate needs new tyres bad! His bridgestone RE001 is so bald and rear right has a nail wedge in it lol, but not deflating.

he actually is looking to fit them on today as he is leaving work soon to get it done. I showed him ur tyres and told him to go to the shop u went too.... his house is just like 2 min drive from there too.

update: 13/06/10

completed the dull green light in the auto button on the drivers side power window swtich... was such a bitch to get apart and solder on... but it was worth it... also managed to change the cig light as well...

all its left is to change those dash lights to blue and i'm all finished for the inside lights! :yahoo:

with stock sportivo dash

with stock levin dash

oooh aaaaah... do you feel like your in a nice club/bar with those blue lights duy? =)

excellent mate!

nah haven't received the blue leds from HK yet... but i know i will change them to blue as soon as i get them soldering iron ready and all haha...

as for your friend, i think they dont stock them in the store but he is more than happy to get them in for your friend for the next day fitted and everything.

and far out, these guys are QUICK! they only got 3 people working but the whole change over thing was just over 1 hour! just make sure u dont get in the way or they will just run u over :P tell your friend to get federal evos as well :P :P :P print out the post guni put up and show to him that he can get them otherwise he will give someone else business :spiteful:

Got these yesterday... B)

DSC00331.jpg

And these today... :spiteful:

DSC00335.jpg

freaken just missed out autobahn sale for the adapter for the cai... but i haggled and got 10% off which is not too bad :) the kid almost gave me 3 hose clips for free too. he caught me just outside and asked me to pay the rest... 3 bucks ea man :ph34r: but hey... i didn't notice until he told me, actually i thought he over charged me and was gonna go back inside to ask him to recalculate it again :whistling:

So the jerry cans are for starting the fires and the extinguisher is for putting them out. :P

Looks like Santy Claws has come early to your crib....ohhh yeahhh gotta love goodies. :D

Did a 28 point inspection yesterday for the suspension at pedders. the problems them found out were...

lower control arm bushings are too soft (replace)

front engine mount is cracked (replace)

i guess the way to go for the bushings are to change them polyurethane bushings and to change the engine mount. As he pointed them out to me, he said its not a major problem, just wear and tear but he believes getting them done asap is recommended.

Rang to various toyota dealers and all quoted me $103 for the front engine mount. The pedders guy said he will install them in too if i happen to get them.

The price he quoted for me was

Xtreme coilovers = 1930.00

Lower control arm and inner bushes = 263.00

Wheel alignment = 132.00 (possibly cheaper as the rears cannot be adjusted)

more pricey esp the coilovers compared to dyslexiks but my suspension are still ok, which is good for me atm in my pocket :)

will order the front engine mount for the sportivo sometime soon

recieved these in the mail! :yahoo:

DSC00337.jpg

time to stick those stickers on and be seen!

will also post up the pictures of the dash when i'm finished soldering the lue leds on! :clap:

nah haven't received the blue leds from HK yet... but i know i will change them to blue as soon as i get them soldering iron ready and all haha...

as for your friend, i think they dont stock them in the store but he is more than happy to get them in for your friend for the next day fitted and everything.

and far out, these guys are QUICK! they only got 3 people working but the whole change over thing was just over 1 hour! just make sure u dont get in the way or they will just run u over :P tell your friend to get federal evos as well :P :P :P print out the post guni put up and show to him that he can get them otherwise he will give someone else business :spiteful:

Yeh my mate is getting your tyres. I made a bet with Talal that there was actually a Federal 595 EVO. He said no as he just got off the phone with the AU Federal supplier. I said my friend gets free install if i proved him wrong and he shook hands on it lol. So i rip out my iphone and show him Guni's picture of the Evos...he quickly got back on the phone with his Federal distributor. They told him that it was prob ordered OS and the reason why they haven't been released in AU yet is because they havent been granted compliance by the aust road authority, etc.

He then said that if anything was to happen to the Evos, then AU Federal will not be liable for any damages it will cause to the vehicle or any manufacturing defects it may have, as it is not been by manufactured by AU Federal.

He was also hesitant to give the same price you got - $520 fitted and balanced. But since I proved him wrong, he was willing to do it for my mate for the same price plus $30 for alignment. So he ordered them and said it will take 30mins to have the entire car done lol. So my friend should be taking half day off at work to drive back there form the city and get rid of his very bold bridgestone RE001's with the rear right having a nail wedge inside it. GG

Blardy google maps has the guys shop listed accross the train tracks and my friend and I firstly drove to Munroe Ave from Berkshire rd...which ended up being a closed road after 1.5kms lol.

It's just off MCIntyre rd and his shop is meant to be 121-122 not 21.

My mate is all happy now, took us 5 tyre shops to get good tyres for $520 instead of him paying min $900 as quoted by others. So the savings he made yesterday is going into his purchase of TWM SS package. =)

**** yeah for the 3a racing pod they are sweet as :) best 40 ive ever spent

40? mine cost 30 O.o

:o :(

+ $10 fuel ROFL! :D but the guy said its 17.50 for postage i'm like nah ill pick it up LOL YES I AM STINGY FFS :ph34r:

Got these yesterday... B)

DSC00331.jpg

And these today... :spiteful:

DSC00335.jpg

freaken just missed out autobahn sale for the adapter for the cai... but i haggled and got 10% off which is not too bad :) the kid almost gave me 3 hose clips for free too. he caught me just outside and asked me to pay the rest... 3 bucks ea man :ph34r: but hey... i didn't notice until he told me, actually i thought he over charged me and was gonna go back inside to ask him to recalculate it again :whistling:

errr... DUY!!!

I'm hoping you didnt misunderstand our phone converstaion yesterday in regards to buying 4 hose screw clips, when i said make sure you buy a big one so it wraps around the silicone connector lol.

I didn't know you already had hose screw clips for the rubber connector from engine to cai. Now you only need another 2 for the bottom end of the cai that connects the 2.75" to 3" silicone converter from your cai to pod filter.

BTW, having jerry cans will leave petrol odours in your car. You might get a headache from it...just speaking from experience.

Can't wait to see your car roar with this p3nis extension installed =) hehehe

Did a 28 point inspection yesterday for the suspension at pedders. the problems them found out were...

lower control arm bushings are too soft (replace)

front engine mount is cracked (replace)

i guess the way to go for the bushings are to change them polyurethane bushings and to change the engine mount. As he pointed them out to me, he said its not a major problem, just wear and tear but he believes getting them done asap is recommended.

Rang to various toyota dealers and all quoted me $103 for the front engine mount. The pedders guy said he will install them in too if i happen to get them.

The price he quoted for me was

Xtreme coilovers = 1930.00

Lower control arm and inner bushes = 263.00

Wheel alignment = 132.00 (possibly cheaper as the rears cannot be adjusted)

more pricey esp the coilovers compared to dyslexiks but my suspension are still ok, which is good for me atm in my pocket :)

will order the front engine mount for the sportivo sometime soon

My car is back at Sth Melb Pedders today to have the height adjusted again. I will inquire the costs of the above for you later today and see how much they will sell you the XA Coilovers with install cost of all of the above.

As for replacing engine mounts, since you track your car, maybe best to do a read up on BKS and KolourHero's member ride posts of their stivos when they owned them. They both had Energy Suspension Motor Mounts. However, cabin noise was increased. But as long as its good noise and not bad noise, i'm pretty sure you will love it.

Yeah change to polyurethane bushings and get the ES engine mount inserts. One of the best mods on my car I think. Can't go wrong bang for buck wise.