Kenshin X

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Long time no update?

DIY - Camera Mount

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

Very simple mod for track. Mounted across the head rest legs (i used all 4 for extra stability). This one is actually a mock one, but its good enough to do the job. I used my dad's old velbon neck and it can be mounted in 3 different places. Left is useless for now. Middle is the one i'll use the most for track. This one i can film my foot work. The right one will be the to see the intrument cluster clearer.

I'll paint it when i CBF. Possibly metallic black. I wanna use the paint left in the spray can from the eyelids. Enjoy ;)

LOL! nice work on the camera mount! i was gona do something like that before winton comes but i got no cam to use lol =[.. did u end up going? and got any vids?

nah i haven't been yet, the next rack is on the 2nd of november remember? :lol:

nice idea but i'd be worried if i get in a serious crash with that thing lol. replacing the passenger headrest with a camera mount would be safer i think or something like this

hrb9.gif

yeah i thought about this too. but i won't get the centre view like i would with this mount. also i made it so it spans across the headrest so i don't get impaled if there is an accident. i won't have this in the car usually anyways. only for the track

What above member said; there's a fair bit of risk with mods like these. Wood isn't a pliable material and once it breaks, it shatters, similarly why carbon fibre bonnets are illegal; you take away the crumble zone and due to the nature of c/f it breaks into splinters.

If you want to see footwork, you can buy a cheap camera mount (like $6 posted) for a camera mount like the one I used in my car for footage. Guessing you've seen it? It's the one below:

i really appreciate you guys worrying for my safety.

I did give some consideration before i did this mount. I thought that if i were ever in a serious accident on the track, i reckon i'd have a lot more things to worry about than this. plus i'll be just keeping this only for the track. this will be off when on public roads.

the reason why i even considered making this mod is that when i went to winton fun day last time, they told me to remove the suction mount on the windscreen even when i jiggled it to show that it won't come flying off. this mount isn't really a "free rolling object" in the car so i reckon they'd be ok with it.

I noticed in your video dorifto that u probably used a suction mount on the passenger side door window? for some reason with my mount, it doesn't work too well with my car. also i'd like to see the clutch as well, just for my future reference.

i also said in the original post that "this is actually a mock" camera mount. so its not really final. in the end, i'll scrap the idea if it's too dangerous for me (and my passenger)

• 2 weeks later...

So today went to winton with Johnnieboi and Dorifto with his mates.

Some really good action on the day. Set a benchmark of 1:54:00. My goal was 1:55:00 so i'm pretty happy about that... This was because we had less than 50 cars competing on the day which made things alot easier for us to achieve our best possible benchmarks ;)

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?02/11/2010.WIN.S5

Here's a small clip on me taking that last S bend just after the pits

will post pics and more vids up when i have the chance...

enjoy ;)

Did Dorifto smash his PB? Stay tuned to find out! :lol:

Very good effort for a first timed track day at Winton man. Keen to see some pics and updates thats for sure!

As for what I did, I leave that up to you to tell lol

thanks dude, now me and johnnieboi are reviewing our runs to improve on the next track day. I reckon i'll keep this set up because i believe i can go faster. putting in a different set up will just stuff things around and i will have to learn again. Everyone made it back ok with their rides?

As for your time, all i can say is you smashed it. but i'll let u post the time in your thread otherwise, my ride thread will start having more hits than yours :lol: jk :P

best camera mount ive seen in a long time!!

lol ta dude, i'll post up some videos on the track asap! :lol:

Some Pictures @ Winton

Nice mix of cars on the day. had an evo, sti, wrx, s2000, 180SX... and a GTR r35 but he didn't go on the track! :(

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

This M3 pulled off a 1.29.00 :o i reckon the size of his front rotors are the same size as my rims! :P

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

with full slicks...

Some Pictures of my car...

01a-1.jpg

The notorious S-bend after the pit stop

01-1.jpg

Woohooo!

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

BODY ROLL FTL! :lol:

Here is the Video of my second best run on the track. In this one I got to my goal of 1:55. The lap starts at the end of the line on the straight... enjoy

Oh man, watching that Video, I rekon you can shave another 2 seconds off. A) Use the entire track width in/out of corners and B.) It seems like your braking 100m too early for alot of the corners. Next time, I'll go out with you if you want and we'll get the car into the low 50s

Edited by dorifto

Oh man, watching that Video, I rekon you can shave another 2 seconds off. A) Use the entire track width in/out of corners and B.) It seems like your braking 100m too early for alot of the corners.

Yeah! I thought this as well. Hence I said to johnnieboi, "Screw this, i'm going for another run." That's when i shaved almost 2 seconds to get the 1.54.00. ;) you should see my left front tyre after track. side walls are half gone :lol:

Next time, I'll go out with you if you want and we'll get the car into the low 50s

that would be awesome! just remind me to chuck in the front passenger seat in before we go on! :P

Awesome vid mate...looks like you guys had a blast.

and that camera mount works a treat,looked nice and stable throughout the whole lap. :toast:

coilovers next? might solve the roll. :D

Hey lee. Yeah that or the clutch n flywheel... Whichever sh!ts itself first. I wanna keep the same set up as i believe i can get a better time. U coming out tonight? :D

Hey mate, great work on the track!

did u do that time with streets or semis?

you coming down on the 21st november? Passenger with me if ur there on the day hehe

Also i was expecting the tampered day to be jam packed! looks like i was wrong..