SPAM Thread

e240

Today I'll be heading off to pick up my parts to give the car it's oil change. Two 5 litre bottles of Penrite HPR5, the oil filter removal tool and oil filter from Toyota.

Good luck finding a store that has the oil filter wrench in stock. It is usually a special order item for most stores because the design is not really as common for them. If you are planning on getting it from Toyota, don't get your hopes up because depending on who you deal with, they probably won't sell it. Just follow my previous recommendations:

Where can I buy the tool to open the oil filter access - and where can I find the manuals that are mentioned in posts above this?

(PDF)

I would advise ordering a '65mm/67mm cap style oil filter wrench' though because the Aurion uses a cartridge style oil filter.

You can remove the cap without the special tool, but I'm not going to advise how to do that here because it's just something you shouldn't really do. Plus I don't want to be held accountable if you break something.

A mob named 'T&E Tools' makes such oil filter wrenches. You can order them from most auto stores like Repco and the likes.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I'll be heading off to pick up my parts to give the car it's oil change. Two 5 litre bottles of Penrite HPR5, the oil filter removal tool and oil filter from Toyota.

Good luck finding a store that has the oil filter wrench in stock. It is usually a special order item for most stores because the design is not really as common for them. If you are planning on getting it from Toyota, don't get your hopes up because depending on who you deal with, they probably won't sell it. Just follow my previous recommendations:

Where can I buy the tool to open the oil filter access - and where can I find the manuals that are mentioned in posts above this?

(PDF)

I would advise ordering a '65mm/67mm cap style oil filter wrench' though because the Aurion uses a cartridge style oil filter.

You can remove the cap without the special tool, but I'm not going to advise how to do that here because it's just something you shouldn't really do. Plus I don't want to be held accountable if you break something.

A mob named 'T&E Tools' makes such oil filter wrenches. You can order them from most auto stores like Repco and the likes.

Thanks for the reply. Like I said in my PM to you. Both dealers I called were more then happy to give me this part with one even having stock at the moment.

Luckily I have all the correct tools like a wrench extension to remove the filter drain cap etc.

Everything looks pretty straight forward.

Big thanks to you daryl for the PDF. I printed it off and will be using it as a guide when changing the filter :)

Well it's good to see that the dealers are now a bit more open with supplying their required tool. A while back some of them were a bit less helpful in getting you the part you are after.

But ~$45 is a bit expensive. I'm pretty sure when I got a price from Repco to get the T&E part, it was something around the $20 mark. Never bought it though and have still successfully done 5 or so oil filter changes.

Well, with the forum ads now showing the GoPro, I'm really starting to think more and more about getting myself a camera of sorts.

What do you think I should get?

1) VholdR ContourHD, or

2) GoPro HD Hero

Well it's good to see that the dealers are now a bit more open with supplying their required tool. A while back some of them were a bit less helpful in getting you the part you are after.

But ~$45 is a bit expensive. I'm pretty sure when I got a price from Repco to get the T&E part, it was something around the $20 mark. Never bought it though and have still successfully done 5 or so oil filter changes.

Okay, quick update. Went to pick up my oils at repco then went to the dealer and just my crappy luck. As soon as I get there, the guy gives my oil filter and when it comes to the filter removal tool, he says they don't have any in stock at the moment. Ahhh :angry: ,then why say you do on the phone?! Anyway, he ordered it in for me and it should hopefully be in by this arvo.

Also, I asked if he could do a better price on the filter and tool so he dropped the filter from $23 to $18 and the tool from $44 to $40. Not a big difference but oh well, better then nothing.

Who would be stupid enough to leave their GT-R sitting alone somewhere for that long anyway?

But yes, it certainly looks painful!!!

rearleft.jpg

this hurts me just looking at it

Lookin at the bright side, at least the side skirts are not damaged AND nuts are still there...

I guess there's always worse.. I feel the pain.. :(

rearleft.jpg

this hurts me just looking at it

Lookin at the bright side, at least the side skirts are not damaged AND nuts are still there...

I guess there's always worse.. I feel the pain.. :(

:(

its only a GTR-R35.. like seriously.. who cares :lol:

It's time for a service B)

<snip>

LOL. Such a noob. Needed to print instructions to do an oil change :P

LOL :lol:

Well, I really wouldn't need it but seriously, the Aurions filter is completely different from your normal unscrew old one and screw in old one type.

I would probably just need to use it once and next time I'll know how to do it :P

Need to head into the city to give a quote to a customer then I'm free for the whole day which means come back and service the Aurion :D

Can oil seriously make a car run and engine quieter? After using Penrite HPR5 in the Aurion she runs so much better. The way I can definitely tell is that I was at a mates place last night and parked outside. It was 3 degrees last night in Melbourne so it was freezing cold.

Usually when my car would sit outside in that cold, when turning it on it would be loud as and the rev's literally would jump up and down for a few seconds and I would get this awkward thump and the car would jolt forward, very weird.

With penrite, the moment I started the car from a dead cold engine @ 3 degrees outside, it was quiet as anything. No rev jumping and within seconds the rev's dropped.

I started off driving and it was just much quieter on a cold engine than before.

Can oil seriously make a car run and engine quieter? After using Penrite HPR5 in the Aurion she runs so much better. The way I can definitely tell is that I was at a mates place last night and parked outside. It was 3 degrees last night in Melbourne so it was freezing cold.

Usually when my car would sit outside in that cold, when turning it on it would be loud as and the rev's literally would jump up and down for a few seconds and I would get this awkward thump and the car would jolt forward, very weird.

With penrite, the moment I started the car from a dead cold engine @ 3 degrees outside, it was quiet as anything. No rev jumping and within seconds the rev's dropped.

I started off driving and it was just much quieter on a cold engine than before.

In most cases if you are using an oil of the same weight and specification, then a majority of what you hear is just placebo. If anything, you may have improved the flow of oil by changing to a new filter, but in terms of the oil itself, it's mostly an illusion.

Your mind is really good at doing things like that to you.

In most cases if you are using an oil of the same weight and specification, then a majority of what you hear is just placebo. If anything, you may have improved the flow of oil by changing to a new filter, but in terms of the oil itself, it's mostly an illusion.

Your mind is really good at doing things like that to you.

Well considering my last service was at the dealer so I would have no clue what they use but I doubt it was a 5-40 semi syn like I used.

I hope it's not placebo because overall the car just sounds and feels like it is running so much better.

I don't think I'll ever be taking my car to a dealer ever again because I couldn't even get the cap off. Chances are since it doesn't come off, no one has bothered to remove it and left it as is. A-holes. For it to get that tight would be that they didn't use the filter wrench to re-tighten the housing but a **** socket wrench and tightened from the cap.

Not being able to get the cap off made for a very messy oil filter change.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

I GOT NEW RIMS FOR THE CAR :yahoo:

photo3.jpg

lol, okay not really. We've had these rims in our shed for like two years, and we finally cleaned out the shed and found these. Just put it next to the Aurion to see how the car would look with something better than stock rims :lol:

Edited by Silver-Aurion