SPAM Thread

e240

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrrr. So close to being something I would buy in an instant.

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=640103

Wheels look good and it has the type of tires that I'm planning on getting (595EVO). Unfortunately it has 235/35R19 tires on it instead of the 245/35R19 that I require.

Grrrrrr. So close to being something I would buy in an instant.

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=640103

Wheels look good and it has the type of tires that I'm planning on getting (595EVO). Unfortunately it has 235/35R19 tires on it instead of the 245/35R19 that I require.

cant you swap over your existing tyres?

cant you swap over your existing tyres?

1) My tires require replacement, hence why getting both a different set of wheels and near new tires would be a good option.

2) The tires I plan on getting (the 595EVO's) will be about $300 per tire. So for $1200 all round, and extra $400 for the wheels at the trade-off of slightly used tires would have been really ideal as well. Spending $1600 for the wheels and tires only to have to buy $1200 worth of tires as well isn't as appealing.

Fudge the federals - You need something like R1Rs or RE01Rs..

But seriously, those rims just look ordinary...You should get something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gestalt-Virouge-19-Chrome-Wheels-235-35-Kumho-Tyres-/270641753924?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f03816f44

YUM!....NOT

Yesterday, I saw a Supra on a tow truck, huge intercooler up the front,and huge chrome rims like those.

As I drove by and the passenger stuck out the window started going something on about 2JZ or something and giving some gangsta sign...

Oookaaayyyyyy....I was in my Civic so I was going to return the gansta sign and go "VTEC YOOOO" but my wife stopped me.. ;-"/

Fudge the federals - You need something like R1Rs or RE01Rs..

I wish... but unfortunately I am not made of money. I will try out the Federal 595EVO's since the cost is quite good for the 19's and it is said to be a fair performing tire. If they don't live to my expectations, I will just have to live it out... if they do, then I've found a happy medium.

That said, with the US dollar the way it is, if I could get a good price on shipping, the RE-11's (at least it is a step up I guess) are US$280 each at Tire Rack (link)

But seriously, those rims just look ordinary...

Joke or not, I do agree with you. They aren't that bold in their style, but here comes the next issue with me finding wheels.

I was really into the sporty styling, but the more and more I looked at my TRD with it's bright silver wheels, I started to realise that my silver TRD is mean to retain a level of 'class' in it's looks. I can't just put on a set of dark sporty 5-spokes because it will subtract from the original look, but I can't put on a set of elegant wheels because it subtracts from the already subtle sporty looks of the car. It's as if the wheels that are currently on it are just right in their design.

This is why I don't really want to change my wheels... unless I can find a set that is just a balanced as the current set, but as I already said... I'm not made of money. Those wheels I linked to earlier would have been an impulse thing. Now that I think of it, it's probably not what I'd be looking for.

Tyres in Australia's just simply over priced and alot of them are old stock.

When I was back in Singapore earlier this year, sourced brand new R1Rs (205/50R15) for $140.

Shipped them across for like $80 - small savings BUT, the tyres were manufactured THIS YEAR...

Unlike those we normally get here which can be manufactured about 2 years ago - with the tyre retailer still charging top dollar for them

Do brand new, never driven tyres degrade that much over 2 years?

Largely depends how they were stored in the first place. around 3 years is I'd consider them old tyres, and 2 years is getting there.

For the same price, I'd rather have the fresh tyres.

There's someone in my area that drives a black TRD. It really is a head turner. Such a nice car, can't believe Toyota are not building these any more.

edit: http://www.museodelcoche.com/Galerias/wp-content/gallery/toyota/Toyota%20Aurion.jpg

Who owns this Aurion? Everytime I type in Aurion in google images that car comes up. Was it some sort of special custom built one from Toyota for display or something?

Edited by unique

edit: http://www.museodelcoche.com/Galerias/wp-content/gallery/toyota/Toyota%20Aurion.jpg

Who owns this Aurion? Everytime I type in Aurion in google images that car comes up. Was it some sort of special custom built one from Toyota for display or something?

Toyota own that one. It was their design concept. Changes were obviously made for the production model.

I'm surprised no TRD owners here / anywhere try to follow the concept model.. :P

Looks hot... and good for a change..

Oh that blackened roof...

I love those rims. They've gotta be the hottest Toyota Genuine rims I've maybe ever seen. IMO much better than the production TRD rims.

Speaking of TRD, does anybody know the paint code for the charcoal grey on the TRD bumpers?

I'm surprised no TRD owners here / anywhere try to follow the concept model.. :P

Looks hot... and good for a change..

Oh that blackened roof...

Exactly the same here man. I was thinking that as well. I can't believe no one has attempted to do that. IMO the most good looking Aurion. Period.

also +1 for the black roof, it looks tough as.

You know that this seller has 3 accounts and all this stuff he sells are stolen? No jokes.

I thought something was sus.

Today I'll be heading off to pick up my parts to give the car it's oil change. Two 5 litre bottles of Penrite HPR5, the oil filter removal tool and oil filter from Toyota.

I decided to change it and not do it at 12K like it says in the book. Summer is coming up and it is getting warmer and my last oil change now was 7000KM ago so I would like some good oil for the summer so the engine can perform well during the heat.