Something a mate showed me

.gorgz

Its true in some ways, and ive often discussed this with people over the years. Look at the old rockerbilly rod rats, the 60-70 muscle cars, 80's and on to modern day tuning. It will in my eyes always remain in on form or another, legal or not. Thats the way humans or more so car enthusiasts are. We still mod our cars knowing it will be defected, knowing emissions and excess fuel consumption. Even if we get sick of defects, we generally move on the more modern ways of applying our style or vision. We are a minority, and as long as we share our info and pride with others, this thing we have will keep keeping on. No matter what the cost. I think most of us here can appreciate the funds that we pour into our loves, most times blindly, to fulfill our vision and ideals. The new generation of modding is already starting, there are a few jap tuning houses already working on increasing hybrid outputs, aero kits etc and Porsche and Ferrari are building some **** hot crazy powdered electric/hybrid beasts.

As long as WE continue to love our rides and strive for better, this thing we have will always live on. Only when the heart disappears, the art will follow.

Its true in some ways, and ive often discussed this with people over the years. Look at the old rockerbilly rod rats, the 60-70 muscle cars, 80's and on to modern day tuning. It will in my eyes always remain in on form or another, legal or not. Thats the way humans or more so car enthusiasts are. We still mod our cars knowing it will be defected, knowing emissions and excess fuel consumption. Even if we get sick of defects, we generally move on the more modern ways of applying our style or vision. We are a minority, and as long as we share our info and pride with others, this thing we have will keep keeping on. No matter what the cost. I think most of us here can appreciate the funds that we pour into our loves, most times blindly, to fulfill our vision and ideals. The new generation of modding is already starting, there are a few jap tuning houses already working on increasing hybrid outputs, aero kits etc and Porsche and Ferrari are building some **** hot crazy powdered electric/hybrid beasts.

As long as WE continue to love our rides and strive for better, this thing we have will always live on. Only when the heart disappears, the art will follow.

I agree and nicely worded. :)

i can say i am one of the guys that has gone to extremes to creating the "extension of myself" through my car ..... lol ..... and reality is as much as i say no more cash is going into it and no more modding and its time to sell it i always get pulled to the fact that "man all that sweat n hard work ...... i just cant put a price on it that the car would then sell " ....... barring any financial circumstances i will keep on keeping on with cars .... its in the blood and it would b damn hard to stop ..... as i said knock on wood no financial circumstances force my hand but its easy to slow it down but damn hard to stop completely ....... the bigger question though is are the older generations being replaced amply with the younger generation of modders ...... currently i would say it is however per the clip the authorities/laws/regulations etc are making it harder and harder ....... 10 yrs ago i remember far more ppl in the car scene than now ...... so if thats an indication ........

I believe the car community will always keep on going regardless of what cars are out there. As we've seen over the years, its not a matter of owning a 69' Shelby Mustang or a 09' Yaris, its about the passion/interest. Within the car community, generally people will want to seek questions for themselves and in turn help others in return. It is not a matter of age or race, what car we own and drive or how much experience we have in driving. Its about having someone to converse with, share ideas with.

In a sense, its like a second family.

There will always be communities out there for fishing, sports, dancing etc etc. and cars will be there along with them.

What starts as a community may end up as having friends, lifelong friends maybe.

Even if one day 20yrs down the track we drive hovercars and fly in the air and 'cars' are no longer defined as cars. We have the memories that will always be with us.

i love cars but its weird when i go to meets im the only young one like 17 there its a lil odd most people in my generation aren't bothering with cars cause mummy and daddy are buying them a new one so they have no joy in building sumthin to describe themselves

Real car modding is dying and close to dead to the mainstream public.

And when I say "real modding" I am talking about massive performance gains (not the visual and cosmetic mods).

Most people wont understand my distinction between the two but some might.......

Although Car Manufacturing is a slower moving and more predictable market than Computer Gaming I can see a clear distinction between the two because in Computer Gaming there was massive respect and community support around modding games and getting the most out of a game. That died some as the market sped up and game development became a Hollywood style market. Instead of a game that had a 2 year life and a 3 year release cycle we now have 6month to yearly game delivery and no loyalty to a particular dev or brand.

The thing that puzzles me is how the likes of the v6 and v8s keep getting faster but the 4s keep getting slower.

the rev-head gene will forever be passed through the generations in one way or another

It's good though that the Fast and the Furious phase didn't last for too long. :lol:

And when I say "real modding" I am talking about massive performance gains (not the visual and cosmetic mods).

I completely agree with you there. There seems to be a lot more emphasis around modding for style and looks more than for sheer performance. Yes the performance modifiers still exist, but it just doesn't seem as high of a priority if you get what I mean.

Slightly off topic, I remember watching this thing on Discovery about the some really powerful old school Shelby's which put down WAY more power than modern cars without a single ECU.

the rev-head gene will forever be passed through the generations in one way or another

It's good though that the Fast and the Furious phase didn't last for too long. :lol:

I completely agree with you there. There seems to be a lot more emphasis around modding for style and looks more than for sheer performance. Yes the performance modifiers still exist, but it just doesn't seem as high of a priority if you get what I mean.

Slightly off topic, I remember watching this thing on Discovery about the some really powerful old school Shelby's which put down WAY more power than modern cars without a single ECU.

the fast and furious phase was just wierd i remeber all the kids at school after watching it they would explain what car they want and it would always have a wing and stickers :P