[QLD] TOCAU 2011 ANNUAL MEET

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might drop in and say Hi during the "Show n' Shine" on the Saturday if yas don't mind :)

I doubt I'll be doing any cruises or anything like that, but would be good to catch up with some old friends!

Getting very close now :) Will be starting my great road trip on Friday so can't wait!

Daryl, I'll try to remember to do another direct deposit before I go out tonight, otherwise I'll fix it up tomorrow.

It's hard to think that this is only around the corner. Damn time flies when you are having fun :lol:

Tash: Cheers. No rush really. Every extra bit just helps as it's less of a hit to the account (damn work and their monthly pay). Also means I can do the 90,000km service before the meet rather than after.

You reacon i should give the car a polish in sydney but its raining this whole week!! or you reacon theres a place in QLD i can pay someone to do it before the show n shine :P?

Always give a car a good wash/clean/polish/wax before a long drive, it makes getting the road grime and dead bugs off SOOOOO much easier at the other end...

You reacon i should give the car a polish in sydney but its raining this whole week!! or you reacon theres a place in QLD i can pay someone to do it before the show n shine :P?

Always give a car a good wash/clean/polish/wax before a long drive, it makes getting the road grime and dead bugs off SOOOOO much easier at the other end...

indeed ! looks like a feww coat of wax should do it ! :D

I've spoken to my boss and he is letting me offer TOCAU members a deal on a detail on the saturday for the show and shine.

Exterior wash

Wheels cleaned

Tyre Shine

Windows inside and out

Wipe out door jams

Vacuum inc boot

Wipe over interior trim

Hand wax and shine (meguiars)

Dress exterior plastic trim

Wheel detail

$103.45 saving of $55 off normal prices.

For those who wish to take me up on this offer when you arrive at the car wash join the queue for the full service side of the site and i'll get you booked in and under way. Those wishing to do their own can do so in the self serve bays. Andrew and a few Qld members will also be on hand to assist you on the day. Quite a few Qld members use Hoppy's regularly and are happy with the quality of our services.

Any other questions just ask!!

Cheers SB

brendan.... consider me booked in!!! :D

not that i'll be in the show and shine, but at that price, how can i say no!!! :D :D :D

meanwhile, to the organisers... i havent heard anything from you guys, so i'm assuming you dont need me to help with anything?

That is a good price from Hoppys so well done to Brenndan and thanks to the boss for giving such a good price.

If you can't afford the whole hog, the Special and Super washes with a Wheel Bling will still get your car in good nick for the Show and Shine. All you'd need to do is get rid of any road dust you collect on your way to Lakeside

Hey Brendan,

I'll also definitely take up your offer also. I don't think we've met yet so hoping you'll be easy to find on the day? For my first national meet will definitely be great having a presentably clean car.

Unfortunately due to final exams and work telling me im never allow to have saturday/sunday off im afraid i wont be able to attend.

Been hanging out all month for this.

oh well.

Meet you all next year or at a local meet sometime maybe.

come out on the friday night even if it's just for a chat :)

I would if i could but im working until 2200 Friday night, and i live on the gold coast. haha.

Are there any meets on the GC?

The question still remains... What happens if it rains really heavily at the show and shine? Will gazebo's be available for those entering their car into the event?

If it rains heavy, we didn't really set alternative location. The cars are going to get wet one way or another in that case so we won't move the Show and Shine to another location. We will just have to work with what we've got and re-arrange plans on the day as requires.

No gazebo's or anything like that because realistically, it's not cost efficient because we would have to hire them regardless of the weather because conditions can change at the drop of a hat.

Relax.

there is plenty of undercover area at the Toyota dealership is it does rain. Last time we held it there in 08 it threatened to rain all day but held off so hopefully the same will happen this time....

5 1/2 days to go :)

Just a heads up to the Sydney Peeps, the Midnight Express will be leaving on the dot from thronleigh Maccas.

Please make sure your CB's are charged and the fuel tanks are filled!

Just a heads up to the Sydney Peeps, the Midnight Express will be leaving on the dot from thronleigh Maccas.

I'll be at the BP at the end of the freeway at 1:30 then, what channel for CBs?

I'll be at the BP at the end of the freeway at 1:30 then, what channel for CBs?

Channel 39

I can't believe the meet is at the end of this week. Everything is all starting to come together now.

Go-karts are now all paid in full to Kingston Park Raceway. This means that 15 places are definitely reserved and anyone else that wishes to join in will need to pay on the day with no guarantees of availability. As it stands, for those in the reserved 15, this is what is left owing. Payment can be on the day, or any time before hand if you would like to get it out of the way:

1) mick.wheelz - $51.50

2) Andrew357 - $51.50

3) RedSportivo +2 - $174.50 (deposit for third person not yet received... thus included in that amount)

4) Hiro - $51.50

5) jamole1 - $51.50

I also have confirmed a booking for dinner on Saturday night at Hogs Breath Indooroopilly. I will try to gather a more accurate figure on the Friday/Saturday so I can call them before we get there so they can make adjustments as required.

Also spoke to Steve at Torque Toyota North Lakes. He unfortunately will not be around there for the Show & Shine, but he has been so kind that he has organised for a sausage sizzle and cold soft drinks for the event. So make sure to show your appreciation for the helpful staff there on the day.