Winton March 27

It's gonna be a long morning drive up there, taking suggestions on early morning wake up music

angry music. or initial D :lol: becareful though, cops dont like initial D music esp when angry drivers like me respond to it with high speeds ;)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be a long morning drive up there, taking suggestions on early morning wake up music

angry music. or initial D :lol: becareful though, cops dont like initial D music esp when angry drivers like me respond to it with high speeds ;)

Oh, well in that case I may just burn a copy of the Tokyo Drift soundtrack

Keep it on the track..

Zeinheiger, Gates open at 7am so anytime after that is ok. We will be leaving Benalla (the town before WRW) around 7am, possibly earlier. Don't load up too much on brekkie, some noobs aren't familiar with racing hard-out around Winton with a helmet on. I've heard of a horror story where a girl chucked up while riding shotgun in her bf's car - with the helmet on.

See you there :)

Oh yeh, forecast has changed to 26 degree forecast

Hey peeps..ran into Trung (Dorifto) on the way home from work tonight and had a quick driving side by side chat and one thing i found out is that it's about a 3hr trip up to Winton (i had forgotten how far it is) and a 3hr trip back....6hrs driving and then the day itself :o this is going to take some doing,unfortunatly sunday is my only day off this week which mean zero recovery time for my old body,and damn it i'm in the bush on monday & tuesday next week doing big azz tree removals and this sh!t zaps you big time :(

hmmmm can i do it :g:

i believe we can work something out if you're too tired lee... Hopefully we get a spare driver so u can stretch ur legs a bit

Cheers guys :D Looking forward to it :D

I'm thinking of listening to some Ministry of Sound so the bass will keep my body pumping ;)

Hey peeps..ran into Trung (Dorifto) on the way home from work tonight and had a quick driving side by side chat and one thing i found out is that it's about a 3hr trip up to Winton (i had forgotten how far it is) and a 3hr trip back....6hrs driving and then the day itself :o this is going to take some doing,unfortunatly sunday is my only day off this week which mean zero recovery time for my old body,and damn it i'm in the bush on monday & tuesday next week doing big azz tree removals and this sh!t zaps you big time :(

i believe we can work something out if you're too tired lee... Hopefully we get a spare driver so u can stretch ur legs a bit

I'm going to make the effort mate....cruising up with Dale sunday morning,so see you all there. :D

I'm going to make the effort mate....cruising up with Dale sunday morning,so see you all there. :D

nice xD in one car? :D

nice xD in one car? :D

Nah mate Spook is coming along,just gunna convoy with him :D

Please read!

Ok guys, Update time

There is not going to be a meet down in my area as two of my guys (Civic and Evo driver) will be heading up later in the evening and will meet us at Benalla. Dwee and I will be leaving the S.E suburbs at 7pm (after mass) and will meet you guys (Johnnie/Kenshin/Jskills/Le.vinh ZR) at the BP in Wallan around 8-8:30pm. I'd assume closer to the 8:15pm or so mark but will keep the guys posted, Duy I've got your number.

I have also organised for Anthony (Corolla SX) and Daniel (Clio Sport) to meet you guys at the Wallan BP petrol station as well. Also, I've told Lee/Lichan (Corolla SX) to get into contact with you Duy, so he'll probably go with you guys enroute to meet point at BP. Duy, I'll let you organise/be in charge of the west side guys and the intial meet at BP. Any issues, give me a heads up via text.

Another thing; my elder brother is good with photo/video editing and all things computers/DSLR so I will try to capture as much footage as I can so he can make a short film based on the track day. As so, I may have a friend cruise up with me to assist in this.

Lastly, the Wallan BP station can attract unwanted attention (Police) so when you guys get there, park your cars further down a little or the likes and try not to make a scene when arriving. Why? Well one time we had a meet spot there for a track day and a local called the police on us and so, we were greeted by a divvy van and highway Patrol car. I am not stating you will but as a precautionary measure.

Anddd finally, the attendance list if all goes to plan

1. Trung -AE92 SX Hatch 4AGE

2. Lee - AE92 SX Hatch 4AGZE S/C

3. Anthony AE92 SX Seca 4AGE

4. Canh - Evo 8 MR

5. John - EG Civic B16

6. Dominic - Clio Sport

7. Peter - ZRE152 ZR Hatch 2ZR-FE

8. Johnnie - ZRE152 ZR Hatch 2ZR-FE

9. Benji - GSV40R Touring 2GR-FE

10. Duy - ZZE123R Corolla Sportivo 2ZZ-GE

11. Jskills - ZRE152 ZR Hatch 2ZR-FE

Maybe

12. Rob - AE82 Twincam Hatch 4AGZE S/C

13. Pete - AE92 SX Seca 4AGE 20V

The maybe guys are definitely in but unsure if they will make our group as they had to email Adam to ask for a swap in Groups. Either way, we will sort out on the day I guess.

Looking very good guys :)

Anddd finally, the attendance list if all goes to plan

1. Trung -AE92 SX Hatch 4AGE

2. Lee - AE92 SX Hatch 4AGZE S/C

3. Anthony AE92 SX Seca 4AGE

4. Canh - Evo 8 MR

5. John - EG Civic B16

6. Dominic - Clio Sport

7. Peter - ZRE152 ZR Hatch 2ZR-FE

8. Johnnie - ZRE152 ZR Hatch 2ZR-FE

9. Benji - GSV40R Touring 2GR-FE

10. Duy - ZZE123R Corolla Sportivo 2ZZ-GE

11. Jskills - ZRE152 ZR Hatch 2ZR-FE

Maybe

12. Rob - AE82 Twincam Hatch 4AGZE S/C

13. Pete - AE92 SX Seca 4AGE 20V

this group is so win... so no randoms this time?

also is daniel guy from exe club? the blue clio right? :D he is fast ;)

I see in a couple of members sigs that the timer goes to thousandths of a second? like 0.000 is that right? That's fairly precise

And yes, me and Lee will be heading down at the break of dawn, so It's going to be a long day of driving, see you all on Sunday, aiming to get there around 8:30 if traffic is any good on the Hume, never use it at that time in the morning, anyone care to enlighten me on the flow of traffic that early?

See you all Sunday

Duy, sounds like him. Think his car is more Silver than blue but still, he rekons he'll nail a sub 1.50 - First time at Winton but his got a fair bit of mods

Zeinheiger; If you arrive at that time then you may be relegated to a fairly ordinary spot, i.e in the sun/no shade. People start arriving at 7am so maybe aim to arrive earlier if possible. It also makes getting through paperwork alot easier as well. The Hume hwy is very quiet in the early hours of the day, you'll have no issues.

Duy, we might be having a few randoms as we didn't meet the minimum requirements in terms of numbers. I'm hoping on Rob and Pete to be in our group so that it's more even and at least I will know everyone, in saying that; expect a few randoms.

Zeinheiger; If you arrive at that time then you may be relegated to a fairly ordinary spot, i.e in the sun/no shade. People start arriving at 7am so maybe aim to arrive earlier if possible. It also makes getting through paperwork alot easier as well. The Hume hwy is very quiet in the early hours of the day, you'll have no issues.

Wow you have to get there that early even just to spectate...sounds like it going to be packed and what paperwork is involved or am i just a little simple and missed something?

EDIT....at 7.00am it's still dark :blink:

Lastly, the Wallan BP station can attract unwanted attention (Police) so when you guys get there, park your cars further down a little or the likes and try not to make a scene when arriving. Why? Well one time we had a meet spot there for a track day and a local called the police on us and so, we were greeted by a divvy van and highway Patrol car. I am not stating you will but as a precautionary measure.

Hey guys, just a reminder to keep it on the track, especially this week (can't help it if you guys get urges); police will be in place to look for dangerous drivers this weekend as a part of F1 weekend.

Trung, I'll probably give you a call sometime tonight.

Wow you have to get there that early even just to spectate...sounds like it going to be packed and what paperwork is involved or am i just a little simple and missed something?

I think trung may have mistaken dale as competing... Nah u can come later but i think its a good idea to be early. If u wanna ride in passenger u have to fill out a form n pay 20 bucks. Costs nothing to just come n take photos or watch. Ill contact adam if u guys r actually allowed to go out in the little huts for the photos. Im sure though it should b alright

Duy, we might be having a few randoms as we didn't meet the minimum requirements in terms of numbers. I'm hoping on Rob and Pete to be in our group so that it's more even and at least I will know everyone, in saying that; expect a few randoms.

I thought u said the minimum number was 12/13 or something??? Unless i remembered wrong. Cuz last time i think there was 12 dtivers max in group A

No, I meant that if benji is competing then he should arrive earlier. And if Zeinheiger is tagging along for the trip then they should aim to be there earlier or make do with an average spot.

I think trung may have mistaken dale as competing... Nah u can come later but i think its a good idea to be early. If u wanna ride in passenger u have to fill out a form n pay 20 bucks. Costs nothing to just come n take photos or watch. Ill contact adam if u guys r actually allowed to go out in the little huts for the photos. Im sure though it should b alright

Generally going passenger doesn't come up until Session 2 as Session 1 is focused on getting the paperwork done and getting the competitors on Track. Once that's finished, it's onto paperwork for Passengers.

I thought u said the minimum number was 12/13 or something??? Unless i remembered wrong. Cuz last time i think there was 12 dtivers max in group A

We need 14 cars minimum, last time we had 13 cars. As there were 65 entrants on the day, not like it mattered much really.

i'm gonna be a real downer here and bail on you guys once again, many apologies but i forgot this is my off-pay week and im a little short on the old fundings.

.... plus my mates dad is a steward for the F1 and i scored free access to practically anywhere the whole weekend ... :D

sorry guys! :( if anyone still wants to use my gopro gear though i AM willing to lend it out to some of you but it will be a boomerang. :P i can see if Zeinheiger is willing to take it up with him and bring it back. Let me know guys.

We need 14 cars minimum, last time we had 13 cars. As there were 65 entrants on the day, not like it mattered much really.

i remembered that fuqn noob skyline GT-T blocking my car :angry: such a c0ck **** hope he isnt there this time :angry: