Winton March 27

Alright guys,

As you know, I am the track slut on this forum and have done some track days and for the most part have always had a blast. So I've had abit of a thought and would like to see who would be keen to track their car at Winton on Sunday March 27. Please note this is a timed day but you can go at any pace you so as wish to.

I have contacted the track owner, Adam and have confirmed with him that I want my own group and will require 14 cars. I have a few friends joining me so a few extra's won't hurt. I know that Kenshin/Jonnieboi/Peter Tran from the forums are keen to go so you won't be alone.

The plan is per normal, we will be departing on Saturday arvo and staying overnight at Benalla before heading to Winton Raceway (15mins away) early in the morning. Why head up Saturday night? Winton is 2.5-3hrs away so I'd rather get some sleep first than do an epic day of track racing. If you prefer to go in the morning then that's your call or you are welcome to join my convoy on Saturday.

The cost of the day is $160, you will need racing license which can be bought on the day and will last a year ($50) and also a fire extinguisher.

Any other questions, just ask. I'm here to help.

Battle time!

Edited by dorifto

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if u dont compete, just come to cheer us on! we need some good people with SLR skills to capture us in the action too ;)

or u can sit in the car with us, just make sure u dont puke -_-

requirements for passengers:

CAMS approved helmet

long sleeve shirt

long pants

closed shoes

20 bucks (whole day)

if competing:

license (can buy on the day 50 bucks)

extinguisher ISN'T REQUIRED TO COMPETE but recommended

competing fee (160 bucks)

Hmmmm i'm tempted to lay a time down in my boat,see if all the susp work was worth anything :rolleyes:

if not i own a DSLR so getting some pics would prolly be more my speed,hopefully i can make this one.

I'd love to go, but I'm afraid at this point in time it looks like I gotta work that weekend :(

you are NOT exsistent at work at that time. you are absent and sick :P

Can you give me a doctor's certificate Mr. X ;)

I'd love to go, but I'm afraid at this point in time it looks like I gotta work that weekend :(

you are NOT exsistent at work at that time. you are absent and sick :P

Can you give me a doctor's certificate Mr. X ;)

LOL thats a big ask. but i need u actually SEE you and confirm that you are actually sick first before i can give u one :)

LOL thats a big ask. but i need u actually SEE you and confirm that you are actually sick first before i can give u one :)

lol, excellent. Hmm, now just to find someone whose contagious with a 24 hr illness. Although if all goes well, and depending on what time these track days wrap up I may be able to go even if I have to work :D

lol, excellent. Hmm, now just to find someone whose contagious with a 24 hr illness. Although if all goes well, and depending on what time these track days wrap up I may be able to go even if I have to work :D

racing starts at 8am and doesnt stop until 5pm

racing starts at 8am and doesnt stop until 5pm

Are you able to leave earlier? Or is there another track day a bit later in the pipeline?

yeah, u can leave anytime... but if u wanna see us in action its every hour or so... becuz we are organised in groups

yeah, u can leave anytime... but if u wanna see us in action its every hour or so... becuz we are organised in groups

Ok cool, well you can put me down as a 50-50 then :D I'll do everything in my power to make it. Might even be able to swap jobs with someone :D

Ok cool, well you can put me down as a 50-50 then :D I'll do everything in my power to make it. Might even be able to swap jobs with someone :D

compete or spectate?

I'll go hungry for a month if I have to so I can make this one! I want to do this, but can't be 100% at the moment, really depends on funds, but if I can have the funds to do it, I'll be in, be fun and interesting to see how a nearly 20 year old Corolla does around there, hahaha

At this stage I'm nOt sure on coming along, :) since it's the week of my birthday (22 march) and I'm not sure what's the plans just as yet.. Btw where about is this? Can I have more details of the location, that be great :)

At this stage I'm nOt sure on coming along, :) since it's the week of my birthday (22 march) and I'm not sure what's the plans just as yet.. Btw where about is this? Can I have more details of the location, that be great :)

Circuit Address: Fox Street, Winton 3673

Ying, the track is 10 minutes from Benalla - 2.5/3hrs hours north from S.E suburbs if you take into account a petrol stop. If you're into cars and all things racing then it'll be a blast but if you're not then it'll be pretty boring as theres not much else to do.

For everyone else wanting to compete, I don't mean to scare you but you are looking at a minimum of $400 to begin with. $160 for entry, $50 for the license, $50 for a helmet, $30-50 for a fire extinguisher (optional), $100+ for new brake fluid/pads (v.highly recommended) and oil and spark plugs before/after racing costing $xxx ammount.

Make no mistake, if you intend on racing, you will be flogging the cars for a while and you want it to run well. Alot of people will say that you won't go hard at all but you've just paid $160 to go on a circuit and 95% of the people there, go NUTS. So if you intend on competing, make sure your car is up to scratch.

I'm going with my friends and our convoy is leaving on Saturday arvo. We'll be staying in Benalla for the night as per norm.

cheers