Biggest brakes you will ever see on a Stivo

nah man that doesnt look ridiculous at all i think the standard brakes on mine look ridicoulesly small lol

how much for a decent set of big breaks to fit the sportivos does anybody know

Edited by evl_50a

Just got the brakes form my old STI that I used for track days put on the Stivo...

Kinda look redicullous.. but cool anyway

Stops on a dime  :)

That's my kinda breaking power. Nothing like a good dose of overkill especially if you're the last of the late breakers ;)

That's the 2nd Sportivo I've seen with that set-up now ;)

the other one was a guy I used to play basketball against in Adelaide (White Sportivo on 18's) it's the only corolla on 18's that had bakes that didn't look rediculously small...

Gotta love that stopping power though, how's it effect the brake force distributor???

Edited by Blue_Stivo

The braking is phenomenal....

All I did was change the brakes and put on some braided lines.

The brake force distributor took a few hard stops to get things right but no problems now.

I am now the last of the extremely late breakers

A set up like this will cost way too much money.... over 6k!

(i was just lucky I had them from an old race car, 4 pots will be cheaper)

yeah i know big brake set ups to cost heaps and uts not worth it on our cars unless we do some major upgrades i find the standard ones already pull up pretty well but the look so weak but i just want something that stops a little better but looks so much bigger is there something i can do or buy that doesnt cost an arm or leg

yeah i know big brake set ups to cost heaps and uts not worth it on our cars unless we do some major upgrades i find the standard ones already pull up pretty well but the look so weak but i just want something that stops a little better but looks so much bigger is there something i can do or buy that doesnt cost an arm or leg

unfortunately to get bigger you need to spend lots. There is stuff you can do to the originals (fluid, pads, discs, etc), but unfortuntely bigger gets expensive

it's the only corolla on 18's that had bakes that didn't look rediculously small...

I hear ya! My brakes look tiny!

Agreed with what others have said though, the stockers work ok for road use and its not overly hard to change the rotors and pads.

unfortunately to get bigger you need to spend lots. There is stuff you can do to the originals (fluid, pads, discs, etc), but unfortuntely bigger gets expensive

Stockers are actually quite good i found. For standard road use they work really well. huge brakes only really come into their own at high speeds or repated hard stops. There is not as much difference at low speeds.

Got the car how i want it, so will be leaving it for now.... no Supercharger... yet :-)

veering a little away from the main topic, but is it just me or are the sportivo brakes a little weak? i own a normal corolla, and the brakes seem to be more responsive than that of the stivo (both driving at normal speeds), but from what i've read, the corolla has ventilated discs on all fours, while the stivo has discs at the front, and drums at the back... can anyone clarify all this for me? are the brakes on the standard corolla better? or is it just me?

Melvin, on the Sportivo it has 4 ventilated disk brakes.

Has anyone got any quotes on the price for DBA slotted rotors for the Rolla Sportivo? Would be the better option of upgrading the brakes rather then spending lots on large brakes.

veering a little away from the main topic, but is it just me or are the sportivo brakes a little weak? i own a normal corolla, and the brakes seem to be more responsive than that of the stivo (both driving at normal speeds), but from what i've read, the corolla has ventilated discs on all fours, while the stivo has discs at the front, and drums at the back... can anyone clarify all this for me? are the brakes on the standard corolla better? or is it just me?

All current Corolla's have ventilated front and solid rear discs, ABS optional on Ascent/Conquest, standard on the others, not sure if there is a size difference Sportivo and the others, but you'd think there should be, given the increased performance.

Melvin, on the Sportivo it has 4 ventilated disk brakes.

Has anyone got any quotes on the price for DBA slotted rotors for the Rolla Sportivo? Would be the better option of upgrading the brakes rather then spending lots on large brakes.

DBA do not make brakes compatible with our cars, nor do they make blanks anymore either (and lost quite a few sales because of it too :angry: ). Dave (Screaminrolla) has DBA upgrade brakes designed for the Celica and got them re-drilled... cost a bit too in not only cash but time and effort to find some one willing to do the work...

All current Corolla's have ventilated front and solid rear discs, ABS optional on Ascent/Conquest, standard on the others, not sure if there is a size difference Sportivo and the others, but you'd think there should be, given the increased performance.

276mm front discs.. anyone know how much it will cost to get the warps out of the stupid discs (disc machining) <_<