[VIC] - TOCAU Victorian Monthly Meet

Tash

Hi everyone, i would love to come along as well if all goes well with buying a used 08 Toyota Aurion. I was wondering if any of the Toyota club member who drive an Aurion would be able to assist me in ensuring I get a good deal. Please send me a pm if you are able to help. I have been talking with Melb City toyota and some other ones. I love the Aurion feel so I deintely want to get that. Just newbie questions that I hope someone can help with i.e. insurance, getting mods for aux, usb and blue tooth etc. Please feel free to send me a pm if you can help.

welcome to the club dude :] !

good luck with that aurion buy ! - i dont drive an aurion .. soo unfortunately i cant help you with that :3

but there are heaps of other members that do drive em, just wait till they have a read of this, or start a thread in members intro :)

other than that, enjoy your stay, and hope to see you at this upcoming meeet ! :D !

Cool, yeah where can I get a radio? I was looking for some, but I think I'm looking in the wrong department, went looking at the Taxi CB Radio's & I can't actually afford in excess of $700 bucks --"

So where is a good place to get them radios from?

Supercheap auto. you can pick up a decent CB radio for under 100 easily with around 5km range which is fine for cruises.

Hi everyone, i would love to come along as well if all goes well with buying a used 08 Toyota Aurion. I was wondering if any of the Toyota club member who drive an Aurion would be able to assist me in ensuring I get a good deal. Please send me a pm if you are able to help. I have been talking with Melb City toyota and some other ones. I love the Aurion feel so I deintely want to get that. Just newbie questions that I hope someone can help with i.e. insurance, getting mods for aux, usb and blue tooth etc. Please feel free to send me a pm if you can help.

The man you want to speak to is Lee aka 1stkill. Send him a pm with any questions you have and he'll happily assist.

Cool, yeah where can I get a radio? I was looking for some, but I think I'm looking in the wrong department, went looking at the Taxi CB Radio's & I can't actually afford in excess of $700 bucks --"

So where is a good place to get them radios from?

Supercheap auto. you can pick up a decent CB radio for under 100 easily with around 5km range which is fine for cruises.

lmao, meet up sunshine SCA before cruise to buy radios :P

Cookies :) 20th of November, is now booked in for me, just waiting on more info from you guys :)

I can finally come to one of these meet's --"

Why don't we also have a Melbourne Cup meet @ Melbourne Cup?

Winner of the horse races, shouts us all MUAHHHHHAAHAHAAHH (jokes)

But yeah, already saw the Winton one...

Just working out the finer details of doing this.. Where would we meet up in the morning do you think? Just trying to work out the rough timings of how long the round trip to/from Bendigo will be. If you keep going from Port Campbell to Warrnambool we will have to break off from there cos there's just too much distance to cover. Looking at around 9 hours already from Bendigo - Geelong - Warrnambool :blink:

Just working out the finer details of doing this.. Where would we meet up in the morning do you think? Just trying to work out the rough timings of how long the round trip to/from Bendigo will be. If you keep going from Port Campbell to Warrnambool we will have to break off from there cos there's just too much distance to cover. Looking at around 9 hours already from Bendigo - Geelong - Warrnambool :blink:

warrnambool is abit far, i think apollo bay is manageable, there's also marengo which is less packed.

Don't believe we should go all the way to Warrnambool, it is too far and will be too long of a day, especially for those who live further out; please keep that in mind. :)

I propose we go to either Lorne or Apollo Bay for lunch (we went to Apollo Bay last time and it worked out fairly good). To that end, we would be able to catch up or talk more, opposed to be driving most of the time.

My 2 cents. :)

warrnambool is abit far, i think apollo bay is manageable, there's also marengo which is less packed.

Thank goodness :lol: Wasn't sure whether we were intending on doing the whole distance or not. I don't believe I have been to marengo..

Don't believe we should go all the way to Warrnambool, it is too far and will be too long of a day, especially for those who live further out; please keep that in mind. :)

I propose we go to either Lorne or Apollo Bay for lunch (we went to Apollo Bay last time and it worked out fairly good). To that end, we would be able to catch up or talk more, opposed to be driving most of the time.

That sounds like a great idea to me, then we can either go back the same way to Geelong or what not. As the last meet-up for the year and essentially our Christmas break-up (unless there is another Friday night meet or something) I'll definitely be up for catching up with people more than driving all day :) Plus it sounds as if there'll be some more new members along so don't want to get too carried away with the driving. I better get some candy canes or something organised hehehehe

Yeah rule warnambool out guys. Its a full days worth of driving to get there and a 'hammered' drive to get back home. Lorne sounds like a good choice. GOR route is so FTW

yes. we know this from last time... although all the other two guys did was sleep and only woke up for food at warnambool LOL :D

Thank goodness :lol: Wasn't sure whether we were intending on doing the whole distance or not. I don't believe I have been to marengo..

That sounds like a great idea to me, then we can either go back the same way to Geelong or what not. As the last meet-up for the year and essentially our Christmas break-up (unless there is another Friday night meet or something) I'll definitely be up for catching up with people more than driving all day :) Plus it sounds as if there'll be some more new members along so don't want to get too carried away with the driving. I better get some candy canes or something organised hehehehe

marengo is about 10minutes from apollo bay, imo the stretch between lorne and apollo bay is some of the best driving roads.

if you don't mind me asking, or maybe PM me, how much were the CB's Jeffy?

i'm in between the Uniden UH037SX-2NB & these which I believe are the 38SX,

***** Smith has the 37 for $60 while the 38 is $109

EDIT - stupid censor! you know the one, DSE power house

Edited by maca_10

if you don't mind me asking, or maybe PM me, how much were the CB's Jeffy?

i'm in between the Uniden UH037SX-2NB & these which I believe are the 38SX,

***** Smith has the 37 for $60 while the 38 is $109

EDIT - stupid censor! you know the one, DSE power house

ohh you mean DlCK SMITH ? :P

and yup these are the 38sx, for sale at DlCK SMITH for $89.00

i got it off eGay for $51 + $19 shipping,

just a heads up. I will be there (assuming my holidays dont get ********** up)

I'm aiming to do some rolling videos, rolling photos and action shots around corners.

I've done GOR before and it was awesome...even tho it was raining.

Can't wait for the catchup and meet new faces :)