[VIC] - TOCAU Victorian Monthly Meet

Tash

lol jeff, ahhh alright let's say if we can get atleast 3 more toyotas there, i will come along :)

and damn you jeff picking that mobil, i have to drive in the wrong direction for 15minutes to get there lol :P

well, to be technical.. as soon as we get off that maccas, we just veer right, and onto geelong / gor we go, if i pick the other side, we'd be making a u-ey true true ?

Although I'm not going to this :lol:, can I suggest going earlier than 9am? Especially going as a group, you have to have some allowances in time (for people getting lost, getting caught up at lights etc us oldies know too well.. :lol:). Those that went to the last meet down to GOR can verify, going to the GOR is a long day by itself. Adding stops for photos, stop for lunch; you don't want to be driving back when it gets dark.

My opinion. :)

Although I'm not going to this :lol:, can I suggest going earlier than 9am? Especially going as a group, you have to have some allowances in time (for people getting lost, getting caught up at lights etc us oldies know too well.. :lol:). Those that went to the last meet down to GOR can verify, going to the GOR is a long day by itself. Adding stops for photos, stop for lunch; you don't want to be driving back when it gets dark.

My opinion. :)

Hrrrm... if this is the case then we can't - already have to be up at 7am to ensure we make the 9am meet-up. I don't care if we only drive to Lorne and come back again, still see part of the route and can stop somewhere for lunch to chill for a bit.

We're definitely doing a meet & cruise on the 20th so the date won't change for those already committed, I'll make a stand here and say if GOR is too much this time then we'll recycle the cruise to Marysville, meet at Diamond Creek Macca's at 10 and you end up at Lilydale Lake by 2-3 in the arvo including lunch. What does everyone think? Saves GOR for early next year when more people can be committed and a proper recon run done. Plus I have done the route a couple of times before so happy to lead (given the absence of quite a few other regular members this month), we will just take it relatively easy.

I believe so, it is literally right on the highway before the railway line, if you just put "Diamond Creek" as the destination into Google Maps and zoom in a bit you can see it marked there.

The thread for that meet is here: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/25746-vic-sunday-7th-march-cruise-dinner/

Unfortunately the document isn't working so I'll have to find it again on my PC at home. Obviously we start a bit earlier, meet at the Macca's at 10am and leave by 10:30, stop for lunch in Marysville and then its a good run back to Lilydale, which is not a bad location for everyone to break from, seems to put most people an equal distance from home.

Here's the cruise route:

Click me

Not a bad cruise actually, :g:

either way im down for GoR, or North Eastern Cruise,

acutally looking forward to the north eastern one more.. :unsure: as ive never driven on those roads yet, GoR however, nice coast scenery seen it once too many :whistling:

Alrighty then, well I'm going to be the evil one and change it to this Eastern route, will be easier to keep a smaller group together and we can save GOR for another time when more members can attend.

Plus I can assure you all there are just as many fun twists and turns along this route :spiteful:

First post has been updated, I will add some screenshots of the Diamond Creek meeting location when I get home tonight but it is very easy to find.

Hope everyone can still make it along!

First post has been updated, I will add some screenshots of the Diamond Creek meeting location when I get home tonight but it is very easy to find.

Hope everyone can still make it along!

done:

as for the west siders.. same meeting spot(Sunshine Market Place Car Park near VIC roads) anyone need help message me -> 0423 444 751

we are the RED and we are going to GREEN .. its pretty far

soo what you reckon westsiders? Meet up at 8.30am ish? leave 9:00am ish? then we all head along to diamond creek maccas,

diamondcreek1.jpg

diamondcreek2.png

diamondcreek3.png

If the Nov 20 Cruise is going to be a black spur run, why don't we cruise up to Igloo Roadhouse in Buxton for lunch? Never been there myself, but I hear the burgers are pretty good.

Can do that very easily :) Pass thru Marysville and straight up to Buxton, they're not very far apart at all. Done!

Jeffy - I can't see those pics here at work so I will confirm later on for you. I don't think the meeting point is too far for Westsiders to get to, it only takes me about and 1hr 30mins to get to Sunshine from Bendigo, or if I head to Diamond Creek from memory it only took me about an 1hr 45 mins coming from Bendigo. Should only be about half an hour/40 mins from Sunshine. The whole route though might look far yes :) But it actually doesn't take all that long to traverse.

mmm touge run, all good all good, just be wary of cops but i'll just be cruising this one..

greensborough, it takes around 35minutes, gonna pickup some oil from harolds while i'm there i guess.

trust me phillip, you wont be crusing! I've been through kinglake at night and it was crazy fun though scary cause the amount of fog there was.

Anyways I'm out for this, will be attending winton to spectate trung and a few friends up there, enjoy it though :)

lol alister, there's been a few accidents up there with the honda crew..

all i can say i rather avoid it all and keep it to the track :), really tempted to go up to winton, but i might save it for the tampered day.. not having the opportunity to compete makes me sad :(

Dang!!!! this new route sounds awesome,unfortunatley i'm still busy that weekend :(

i've heard about them Buxton burgers,apparently they have one bigger than your head and if you finish it in a certain amount of time it's free...looks at Johnnie :blink:

Dang!!!! this new route sounds awesome,unfortunatley i'm still busy that weekend :(

i've heard about them Buxton burgers,apparently they have one bigger than your head and if you finish it in a certain amount of time it's free...looks at Johnnie :blink:

dang that does suck lee., even john cant make it, he said hes got a mate from NZ coming in,

dw ill take a photo of the burger for you :D ~ unless you want take away :ph34r: or maybe what will be left if i dont finish it? heheh :P

Hahahah, sorry Lee!! We'll definitely let you know if they're any good :lol: I will give them a call and make a booking.

Anyone else coming along?? Jeffy, those pics are fine, the easiest way to go is to get back on the Western Ring Rd and follow that for most of the way, pretty quick especially on a Sunday morning. And the picture of McDonald's is spot on, in the past we have parked inside the car park towards the back past the drive thru, looking at that picture literally on the other side of the fence in front of the cars you see pictured.

fillit - don't worry, we won't be pushing too hard, will just be a nice run with a few spirited sections and no mishaps, the main aim is to catch up with each other, meet some new faces and enjoy the drive there and back to have a great lunch ;)

Damn, I really should keep up with this thread. I've done this new route many a time and its awesome! I'm UHF'd up too :P

I'll probably have a mate with me in ma car too.

Looking forward to the meet ;)

Damn, I really should keep up with this thread. I've done this new route many a time and its awesome! I'm UHF'd up too :P

I'll probably have a mate with me in ma car too.

Looking forward to the meet ;)

Great stuff :D It's a fantastic route you're right, especially when the weather is nice!

I rang the Igloo Roadhouse at Buxton yesterday, they were very happy to hear we're coming and will put an extra staff member or two on to accommodate us, so that's fantastic. Will be good to go and help out a community too that is still recovering from the bushfires, last time we went through there all the trees were burnt out stumps so will be interesting to see what has changed a year on.

OMFG :) KIing Lake :)

I rank that 2nd from my Favourite piece of road in Victoria :) Thanks for changing it, BTW from the Honda crew, who normally cruise up there they say that there is hardly any cop's there... Well I really wanna explain why I like Kinglake so much, is pretty much because if you F-up = you dead, kinda like GOR...

But nearing almost a week till deadline, is everything ATM 100%?

If my mate get's to barrow his mates Corolla I'll make him come :)

Jeffy yeah 8:30am is a good time.

Obey the speed limits, don't push too hard in the corners (especially the blind ones) and you and your car will make it through in one piece.

I'm 100% in now, and mate may also bring his car, not sure how many passengers he'll bring though.

Hahah, glad to see some renewed interest here! :D Plans are 100% sorted, meet up at Diamond Creek at 10am for a 10:30am kick off. As KRS said above if everyone drives properly it'll be a good fun run, its definitely not the place for acts of 'heroism'.

Thanks to Jeffy for the Google grabs, saves me doing it heheheh Have updated the first post with them.