[VIC] - TOCAU Victorian Monthly Meet

Tash

Can make it in October (following tradition of EoMM) or maybe make it early/late November as a Victorian Xmas break-off? December is pretty much a write off due to people having their work Xmas break-off's and family functions.

If you want to make it October EoM, have to decide on place to eat that can cater for all of us (we need confirmed numbers) and have a couple of destinations/stop points in mind. There's a bit of work to make it run smoothly like last time. Duy and the boys did a couple of recon runs beforehand. If you want to, we have to get cracking soon! :)

I'm up for it on a Sunday but yeah, you've gotta get organised soon if you want to do it at the end of this month :) Count me out for recon runs sorry, its a pretty large distance for me to cover. Plus, someone else can organise for a change :lol:

about... lets say roughly, or approximately 2-3 hours,

1 Hr to geelong,

1 Hr to lorne,

1 Hr to apollo bay,

edit: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Melbourne,+Victoria+to+Apollo+Bay,+Victoria&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

and that's if you're coming from the city,

• Like 1

Soo, what do you say guys ?

I reckon we get some numbers so we can say if this goes ahead or not, true ? :] !

or unless we bring back the cancelled one (Bowling) ?

*raise of hands people !* also, can get duy/tash to edit 1st post or something ? :)

1.) Jeffy

• Like 1

I have edited the first post, basically at this stage can people please nominate their interest in coming on a Great Ocean Rd run and whether you'd be willing to give a hand with recon runs and some basic organisation. It's not hard, just takes a bit of your time to help nut out potential places to meet up then where to stop along the way, where the run is going and where we can stop for lunch. So its time for some other members to start putting their hands up to organise events, rather than relying on the same people all the time.

Lets keep this list going :)

1) Jeffy

2) Tash (am too far away for recon runs for this sorry)

Okay I'm in for GOR & wouldn't mind helping out... But can only do recon after a week and a bit as my car is currently getting repaired :)

I have edited the first post, basically at this stage can people please nominate their interest in coming on a Great Ocean Rd run and whether you'd be willing to give a hand with recon runs and some basic organisation. It's not hard, just takes a bit of your time to help nut out potential places to meet up then where to stop along the way, where the run is going and where we can stop for lunch. So its time for some other members to start putting their hands up to organise events, rather than relying on the same people all the time.

Lets keep this list going :)

1) Jeffy

1) Jeffy

3) Phil (maybe recon run :P)

Last time we went for a road trip there it was Geelong, Torquay, Lorne, Apollo Bay. Might be nice to organise some radios so we can keep together.

Last time we went for a road trip there it was Geelong, Torquay, Lorne, Apollo Bay. Might be nice to organise some radios so we can keep together.

Like walkie talkies? Or a CB radio?

1) Jeffy

3) Phil (maybe recon run :P)

3) iVaz (actually in this time)

Edited by iVaz

Hi guys, I'm new to these kind of meetings. Just wondering which day you usually held the meeting? Friday Saturday or Sunday?

I'm quite interested in joining but need to make sure which day.

Thanks

Hi dude!

we're kind of fluctuating/deciding between days atm, pretty much.

Like the majority or whatever fits the event or what ever activity we do; example = july meet was made on saturday although [ i think ] more people were free on sunday, was because one of the meeting events takes place at the "garage cafe" (if you're familliar with that) Does not open on sunday, thus making it saturday.

Soo its pretty much like at vote or majority who is free :]

we also understand that some others have commitments/responsibilities or cant make it and we do understand, we're only human ;)

guys and girls on the forum and guests who read this thread. don't be a stranger! these meets/events we have are are not only for Toyota's but for any anyone who has a love of cars and wanna meet and chat. doesn't matter if your cars not hotted up or a rust bucket. we are here to chat and have a laugh n enjoy ourselves.

just don't hoon :P

1) Jeffy

3) Phil (maybe recon run )

4) iVaz (actually in this time)

5) maca_10 aka Chris - should be up for recon if on Sunday + probably S15 & WRX

Excellent guys, glad you're all getting involved :) This is what its all about and what we want, great group of people and all contributing, so kudos to those who have put their hands up so far.

MYH05 - tradition for our monthly meets is that we meet on the last Sunday of a month. As jeffy said though we do on the odd occasion organise for a Saturday just to spread it around a bit, so people that haven't been able to attend on a Sunday get to chance to go, or if it fits in better with something we want to do. Sometimes some of the Melb guys organise meets on Friday nights as well, just informal catch-ups. But like kenshin said we're all a great friendly bunch, its all about meeting new people and making friends, and there's only a few bad apples :lol: Jokes!

I'd say the GOR run will take place on a Sunday to maximise the people that can attend, it is probably a little late to make it this month so it may be halfway through November as suggested above to make it our last major meet for the year as its getting closer to Christmas. Although if some of you guys get really organised it could be on for Sunday the 30th :)

Did a recon run 2 weeks ago, (though at night) does anyone wanna go through geelong/torquay, if not we'll endup at anglesea then straight through GOR

Stop over at Lorne would be ideal, you know snacks, toilet breaks, food, petrol (There's a BP there) There is a whole strip of restaurants/cafes/souvenier shops if you ever want to buy something, parking may/may not be a problem, just not sure whether we'll be parking together unknown tourists/visitors may take up spots as well. After the break head on out through Apollo Bay

lornev.jpg

im not too sure about apollo bay, never spent much time there, we could do a barbie for lunch if we leave/meet up early (like 7am ?) we get to lorne at like 10am-ish then arrive at apollo bay 1pm ish,

who ever does the recon run kindly check apollo bay, whether there is like a barbeque spot or something, also photoshoot spots to fit all of our cars. THanks!

A couple stops on the way would be ideal, it's a long drove so people would probably want to go toilet, stretch legs and grab a snack at some point, plus gives everyone a chance to chit chat about the leg of the cruise just gone past.

I think Mid nov would be a good idea, allows more time for planning+recruiting attendees (And I most likely will be busy on the last sunday of october)

I am willing to help out with recon runs if the time suits me :)

Been to Apollo bay and Lorne a few times. Parking all together will be a pain in Lorne, though there is a gravel parking lot which is across BP were can park all together if it isn't packed. I do remember it might have a steep entrance so it might be a no go. If were having a bbq, I suggest we do it at Apollo Bay, its more open area and less crowded compared to Lorne

If i come (depending on date), ill ride shotgun! Wanna properly practice my lack of photography skills including some rolling fwy shots. So if anyone wants me in the front seat let me know yoooooooooo.

:whistling:

Gents (and ladies),

Anyone free to do a recon run this Sunday? :P

P.s. We always use UHF radios to communicate with each other on the cruises. Recommend everyone to buy one; make everything run smoother and less hassle. :)

i would offer, but your spine would be shattered after 30minutes :P

How come? I'm sure Reece would be alright... :P