TRD Aurion

spyderone

Great project you have going.

You said you were upgrading a Standard 2GR-FE but what is it in or what are you putting it in?

2nd Dibs on Seats if Andrew pulls out.

Great project you have going.

You said you were upgrading a Standard 2GR-FE but what is it in or what are you putting it in?

2nd Dibs on Seats if Andrew pulls out.

I think it's going on his Aurion which is a Sportivo i think lol???

the bad news is the idler mount is bent and cracked, looks like things are on hold till I can source a replacement

IMG_3373.jpg

Around $1600 (from memory) if you order through a dealer :(

Ouch on the idler mount! I'd bring it to an engineering shop and get them to fabricate one to specifications. It'd still be better than $1600!!!

And on the seats issue, I am out of the running. Steven, DJKOR, trentmeyer23, Ghost 5, The Viking and I (team effort) had a play around + inspected the seats and confirmed that the entire mount and rail assembly from the ACV36/MCV36 to ACV40/GSV40 models are very different. I can't even switch the rails and by the time you factor in the extra costs it's not worthwhile. :(

So HT has the 'rights' to the seats :lol:

• Like 1

Ouch on the idler mount! I'd bring it to an engineering shop and get them to fabricate one to specifications. It'd still be better than $1600!!!

Definitely engineering shop.

How about posting pics of the rest of the car for us to see.

You haven't answered my question of how much the write-off was :)

Maybe because it's none of your business. dry.gif

Slim chance since the owner isnt willing to strip it.. YET

You might want to keep your eye on this one to replace your idler mount.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Supercharged-2008-TRD-AURION-3500SL-whole-car-/280802143158?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item41611cabb6#ht_500wt_1363

• Like 1

I gather the donk is ok ? i was after manifold and cat setup if not.

Both the exhaust manifolds have sustained some damage/bent around the cat joint area , the rear one actually cracked as per pic below, I’m not sure what mods you had planned for them, but if your reasonably handy and have the equipment they are easily fixed. Yours if you want them.

IMAG9945.jpg

Did they pick up the caliper from the otherside after the accident and throw it in the car? I'm still up for the rears and maybe the single front side as well

no they didn't pick it up, I'm trying to get hold of a replacement as I guess 3 calipers/discs aren't going to be much use to anyone

Slim chance since the owner isnt willing to strip it.. YET

You might want to keep your eye on this one to replace your idler mount.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Supercharged-2008-TRD-AURION-3500SL-whole-car-/280802143158?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item41611cabb6#ht_500wt_1363

I’m hanging out for some further information in about a week or so ...as I may be able to source a new one at a drastically reduced price, if that falls through I will be looking into both your suggestions thanks guys.

Did they pick up the caliper from the otherside after the accident and throw it in the car? I'm still up for the rears and maybe the single front side as well

no they didn't pick it up, I'm trying to get hold of a replacement as I guess 3 calipers/discs aren't going to be much use to anyone

Hey mate, if you only have the 3 then that is fine. I can try and source one when I have the time to actually put them into use.

hey buddy,

if you are wiling to split the GPS headunit ill be willing to pay if its working and all smile.gif

sorry mate, its an S model so no GPS headunit...

Navigation is optional despite of Model. Just apparently the previous owner didnt bother. Just stating a point. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds kinda odd but I wouldn't mind the entire contents of the boot; spare tyre, trims, tools and especially the carpet...

Are you sure about the entire contents?

di-313285349127.jpg

Sounds kinda odd but I wouldn't mind the entire contents of the boot; spare tyre, trims, tools and especially the carpet...

Are you sure about the entire contents?

A fourth yellow wheel to have a set.

• 2 weeks later...