Current Oil Specials

10 hours ago, campbeam said:

I have heard that some people have used diesel oils in their petrol engines for the added benefit of the extra zinc among other elements. It has been done in the mower industry for ride on mowers. I'm not game to try it myself as I'm simply happy to stick with high quality full synthetics.

3 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I have heard that some people have used diesel oils in their petrol engines for the added benefit of the extra zinc among other elements. It has been done in the mower industry for ride on mowers. I'm not game to try it myself as I'm simply happy to stick with high quality full synthetics.

I am interested in using diesel engine oils because I understand that they have more detergent additive. It suits my purposes seeing that I do lots of short urban driving and fighting the ongoing oil sludge issue. Even so, I would be using it more as a topping up oil in conjunction with petrol engine oil.

19 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I am interested in using diesel engine oils because I understand that they have more detergent additive

Ah yes, of course. That's good to know especially for those, like yourself, want to desludge and carry out short interval oil changes.

I too get all the catalogue specials emailed to me as I'm a long term Repco & SC member & as a result I now have so much stock it's almost laughable, I need not worry for quite a while.

My next biggest job will soon be the Aurions 1st tranny dump/flush which I'm really not looking forward to doing. Reckon I'll wait a few more months when the weather heats up a little, too damn cold in the "dictator state" 😉

9 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

My next biggest job will soon be the Aurions 1st tranny dump/flush which I'm really not looking forward to doing. Reckon I'll wait a few more months when the weather heats up a little, too damn cold in the "dictator state" 😉

It's not as bad as it looks actually. It is a small production, but if you follow the procedure you'll have no problem. Just do your preparation, get your parts in order and wait for a nice sunny day and go for it.

Have a read of my Transmission service thread if you need help.

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, campbeam said:

I must have been suffering from lockdown fever. 

Finally left home yesterday and local Autobarn would only let me buy 2. I went home and checked the catalogue which states "Until Stocks Last". Today, I bought another 3 at the Autobarn near the girlfriend's place. Then went back to her place and found another stash of engine oil.

Definitely going to have to go into self-therapy and ban myself from buying any more engine oil. 

• Haha 1

Yes that sounds like LOCKDOWN FEVER, LOL. Not sure if they have a cure yet but I bet many are working on them

KAA

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, campbeam said:

Finally left home yesterday and local Autobarn would only let me buy 2.

Today, I bought another 3

went back to her place and found another stash of engine oil.

Definitely going to have to go into self-therapy and ban myself from buying any more engine oil. 

My apologies. It's all my fault.. 🤣

I can't help unfortunately. My therapy school will have you buy more oil and then detailing products 😜

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

My therapy school will have you buy more oil and then detailing products 😜

Your therapy school has been effective in the detailing products and has been noted as Look Only. 😜

I had forgotten how much engine oil I have accumulated until I "rediscovered" the multiple hoards at the girlfriend's place. Last few EOFY specials have just been so tempting. 

My criterea for an oil special is a 50% discount. Now going to mandate a revised criteria for my own purchases. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2021 at 12:43 PM, campbeam said:

My criterea for an oil special is a 50% discount. Now going to mandate a revised criteria for my own purchases. 

Latest AutoBarn catogue has this 10W-30 semi-synthetic oil for $10 at a 75% discount with a limit of 2 per customer.

Interesting that it has the latest oil specification of ILSAC GF-6A.

https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-Category/Oils-%26-Additives/Engine-Oils/Semi-Synthetic/GULF-WESTERN-OIL-PREMIUM-ENERGY-10W-30-5L/p/OA01386?mkt_tok=NzY4LVhWRi01NTAAAAF_CbXBjmDNk4QubVSey1ceOm7ApwAOaZAyFbgMNeR8tosd_g3PT0y-9Mt6-ftZx1BnVXWcz2PzX5WXIrXtMdp2c3WqAplT8F3TTA0a

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

Latest AutoBarn catogue has this 10W-30 semi-synthetic oil for $10 at a 75% discount with a limit of 2 per customer.

Interesting that it has the latest oil specification of ILSAC GF-6A.

https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-Category/Oils-%26-Additives/Engine-Oils/Semi-Synthetic/GULF-WESTERN-OIL-PREMIUM-ENERGY-10W-30-5L/p/OA01386?mkt_tok=NzY4LVhWRi01NTAAAAF_CbXBjmDNk4QubVSey1ceOm7ApwAOaZAyFbgMNeR8tosd_g3PT0y-9Mt6-ftZx1BnVXWcz2PzX5WXIrXtMdp2c3WqAplT8F3TTA0a

Doesn't appear to be able to be purchased Ash. Not sure, but maybe it's all sold out ?

15 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Doesn't appear to be able to be purchased Ash. Not sure, but maybe it's all sold out ?

I checked the catalogue. It is in store only. If the shelf is empty, ask the counter staff. There may be a separate display or more stock in the back room.

https://autobarn.com.au/ab/catalogue?mkt_tok=NzY4LVhWRi01NTAAAAF_CbXBjp3TSUC2Vy8gchU-iMbeO7beyURzHXSCUgLXSrdSc4zhTUZHYI5sTiSdNoCnQUSgDADjFfASTpKB1yYqOzdISJUygtJ-KaNm#view=catalogue2&saleId=40588&page=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks Tony, I have banned myself from SC until the New Year, but have a few items in the wish-list still it is a good deal to save up for the next service.

Keep Safe and Strong Mate

KAA

Similar to KAA, I have banned myself from SCA, AutoBarn and Repco but previously got drawn into multiple specials that were just too good to resist. Resistance level has now increased after having quite a few years supply on hand.

40% discount off the Shell Engine Oils appears to be good but I am sure that the RRP has increased since I last bought them on special. 

• 1 month later...

Latest AutoBarn catalogue expires this Sunday 13.02.2022.

What caught my attention last week was Castrol Magnatec [part synthetic engine oil]10W-40 5 Litres as an instore special of $19.99. Limit of 2 per customer. 55% discount.

I would find it useful to use as an engine flushing oil or my short oil change intervals but in the process of reducing my engine oil stockpile. 

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Autobarn catalogue has a full synthetic Gulf Western 5W-40 engine oil at $17.99 which is a 70% discount. Supposedly a limit of 2 per customer but no mention in the catalogue.

Too tempting for me so adding to my engine oil stockpile. 

Thanks mate I can hear the gears in Tony's mind ticking over as to how much storage room he has for more oil

LOL

KAA

On 3/9/2022 at 8:42 PM, ZZT86 said:

Nulon 5W30 Full Synth SN/GF5 6L $39.99 as of tomorrow @ Supercheap 😀

Hmmm, been thinking it's probably time for the first oil change on the wagon, need to do the valve cover gasket too so would make sense to do it all at once

S/C members get an extra $10 off if you spend $50 or more, I ended getting two 6L bottles which effectively only cost me $34.99 ea - bargain!

I do change out the oil pretty often in my car as I pile on the kays but I'm also starting to run out of room in my garage to store the stuff 😜

On 3/9/2022 at 8:01 PM, KAA said:

Thanks mate I can hear the gears in Tony's mind ticking over as to how much storage room he has for more oil

LOL

KAA

Hahaha, and here I am trying to empty my garage. As tempting as it is, I'll have to sit this one out and start using up what I have left.

• Haha 1