Any autoboxs been down the 1/4 yet???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres an ex member here who had an Auto Corolla who went to the drags, Ive spoken to him on MSN I might have to check when I get home on what his run was.

YDOIT4 knows who he is but thats the only person that I know of who has gone down in an auto.

I wouldn't mind going down the drags just to see how mine does.

Wats been done to ur car bigbum and negatron??? ur cars arent stock right? :P

My car was stock as a rock in terms of performance mods. Negatron had an SRI and stivo catback I think.

Negatron was rockin the heavy as chromies. I was running full street trim with a lot of extra weight lol.

Yea im quite keen to see what time i can get with my ces cai + sportivo exhaust combo

since we're on the topic of autoboxes (instead of starting a new thred) has anyone changed their auto-trans oil? in the booket they said theres no need to change under "normal conditions" :unsure: at my last service after a track day they said the oil is fine... so yeah.. just wondering if anyones changed it, if so what did u use. Cheers

Edited by DHC09

well ladies stop talking about it and head down to WSID and see what your beast is made of .....

more than happy to pit crew for anyone ..... and considering they are now open 2 nights a week after our last trip there was almost no one there and u could have gotten almost 10 runs in if u were there from the beginning of the night .....

:P I use to do nuetral launches but thats a no no i was told, i did a very good launch once, while holding break and acceleration, the car just took off and never boged, but i dont know how i did it, that run i got 9.2 on the gtech and my car was stock. Never did the same launch since haha. but i think 2500 to 3000k is gonna anything higher will be too much wheelspin.

:clap:

I guess though, if you have a decent CAI/Exhaust setup and can get traction, then throw a decent launch in there....I can't see any reason why a decent 15 something isn't possible. As long as your box isn't rooted, then anything is possible....

The way i see the drags is not about street trim or street chrome tires

I say that you get yourself some light steelies with either semi's or slicks on them in a 15" tire strip the car out including the back seats spare and tools with any other amps subs and other little things that isnt needed then take out all of the content from the glove box and centre console storage compartment.

Then after you have done all of that you have nothing to say that you cant get traction or anything stopping you from getting a good time except for PEBSWAS (Problem Exists Between Steering Wheel And Seat)

So you can only blame yourself for the times you get and not your car as it cant get any loss of traction and their is no weight to stop you car from performing

So go all out when you go to the drags you dont do it everyday so make a day of it and GO FOR IT!!

:spiteful: be seeing you all at the next drag day whenever it is maybe in the new year :toast:

I highly doubt you'd get a 15 out of an auto 1ZZ, there is quite a bit more drivetrain loss when using an auto box compared to a manual box. My guess would be a high 16 at best with stripped car, CAI and exhaust.

Small capactiy NA 4cyl auto's are never fast at the strip.

Edited by rollamods

I highly doubt you'd get a 15 out of an auto 1ZZ, there is quite a bit more drivetrain loss when using an auto box compared to a manual box. My guess would be a high 16 at best with stripped car, CAI and exhaust.

Small capactiy NA 4cyl auto's are never fast at the strip.

agreed!!!

i think high 16 max!!

15s will only happen with good setup and TRD supercharger. it still will only be high 15s. Considering a manual can get 15.7 with just cai and exhaust you see the advantage of manual over auto :)

But im happy for someone to prove me wrong.

In regards to voy. I think Camcon, CAI, zorst and pulleys will get him a 17 flat

Id be keen for a run next time a WSID

A little off the topic but on the Ozmazda forum one bloke in a SP20 is claiming consistent runs of high 15's.

He didn't post his actual slips but I have read in this forum that 1zz's give the sp23 a run for their money so how can a sp20 do these times.

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/3-discus...ighlight=intake

What you guys reccon a bit of BS on the Mazda forum?