WARNING: AURION DRIVERS ARE....

azndragon168

Hi Everyone,

The otherday I was on the western freeway and noticed there was blinking lights up front. So as you do, all the cars in front slowed down to 80 in the 100 zone. I drove past and saw the blinking lights were coming from an Aurion. (Aurion looked very nice :D )

Can anyone guess what lights were blinking? These were red and blue lights! It was an unmarked cop car! He had just pulled over a Falcon. (the cops was in plain clothes too) The Aurion was in red too...not grey or white. They are getting very tricky.

I also had another encounter with another cop Aurion just days later. He was on handheld radar on Granard Road in Rocklea...!

So be careful aye guyz (and gals). Oh...and these were proper Aurions, no missing hubcaps..they had the full toyota alloy wheels. You could not tell it was a cop.

And the other night I saw a truckload of cop cars with one Subaru STI on the same truck. Not sure if the STI was gonna be delivered to the cops as well but it seemed very likely. Can anyone confirm that the cops are now driving STI's aswell?

LOL! So when Toyota says the game has changed, they really do mean it...not in the best of ways tho <_<

Feel free to comment guys.

Steve~

in canberra was one STI before im not sure what they did to it, probaly to much rally driving :P

there is Skyline in QBN aswell.

they pulld me over once with STI coper i was :o :blink:

they like were u trying to race us :nono: , and im like: NO...... (yes :D)

kinda proud, at least they didnt poll me over with stupid commies or falcons

Edited by CanberraCamry

Does NSW Police have these cars as well?

NSW were the first state to get WRX's for the police, due to all the ram raids being done. the badies used WRX's for get away cars and the cops couldn't keep up in the fords/holdens when chasing.

They also bought R1 bikes.

I think all states are getting an array of differant vehicles now, ive seen all sortes here in Melb over the past few years.

Falcon utes, Aurions, WRX's and a few years ago around moorabin area they had a Forester GT.

I was told the police stopped buying the WRX's a while ago because of safety reasons. Apparently they didn't hold up to well in a crash.

^

I think the whole WRX era was just because they wanted to have fun lol. Honeslty WRX's wouldnt be THAT much faster then SS's and XR8's... and with police helicopters it doesnt matter how fast your car is, you have no chance... even motorbikes which are way faster then most cars get caught.

Abit annoying the Aurion is being used a cop car... now I will have to slow down on highways for all new falcons, commodores and aurions :angry:

...add the following vehicles doing speed detection duty:

White pre-facelifted Corolla wagon (this was a surprise to me!!!) - spotted on Springvale road

RAV4s

Hyundai Santa Fe

-m_luke

^

I think the whole WRX era was just because they wanted to have fun lol. Honeslty WRX's wouldnt be THAT much faster then SS's and XR8's... and with police helicopters it doesnt matter how fast your car is, you have no chance... even motorbikes which are way faster then most cars get caught.

Abit annoying the Aurion is being used a cop car... now I will have to slow down on highways for all new falcons, commodores and aurions :angry:

But all the WRX has to do is to turn a few corners and the SS / XR8 would have no chance in keeping up. :D

Edited by mulla

^

I dunno... cops in the past have caught motorbikes, and they are a hell of alot faster (not so around corners, but their acceleration makes up for that 10 fold). All they need to do is stay on the vehicle until a helicopter comes around and then you have no chance of escape.

^

I dunno... cops in the past have caught motorbikes, and they are a hell of alot faster (not so around corners, but their acceleration makes up for that 10 fold). All they need to do is stay on the vehicle until a helicopter comes around and then you have no chance of escape.

But the police cant afford to have the chopper in the air 24/7, there restricted to so many hours air time. A chase happening 50km away with the chopper grounded would probably take 10-15mins to arrive.... if the bandid can drive, the chase would be over in that time.

and going back to the WRX debate, it was because of the cornering and acceleration that the ss/xr8 couldnt keep up (so i was told), police have to keep to a certain driving safety, and dont forget about all the gear they have in the interior and boot, compare that to a mad man in a WRX...... no chance.

since we're all off topic -

on the monash freeway i saw a black forrester XT pull over a yellow ITR. The Forrester was fully spec'ed out :clap: Careful :ph34r: Maybe soon the Turbo Territory will actually eat us for dinner :clap:

Saw a Maroon Aurion in Milton this morning with a lady pulled over.

Beware in QLD guys and girls, they have all kinds of tricks up their sleeves these days. One of my clients is the head honcho over at Alderley Police Complex. He is the one who actually makes the decisions on what cars they buy. Last time I dealt with him I got a tour of the complex and had a good look at some of the rides they have over there. Lets just say Aurions and Honda Euros are not a surprise after seeing some of the other stuff they have over there . . . . . ;)

Well I guess that is the only way COPS can have an excuse to drive nice cars and speed in them. Cops don't stick to the limit. Whenever I see a cop, I put on my cruise control at the speed limit and they are always edging away from me so don't tell me they keep to the limit.

I was travelling at 102km/h on the freeway when I saw the cop and he asked me to slow down ( :whistling: maybe it's because I entered the freeway at 160km/h from the off ramp and they were about 1km behind) :spiteful: Can't blame me...it was the second day of owning an Aurion and I had to test it. This is the first car I bought without a test drive. Just wanted it.

Edited by rvk11

• 2 weeks later...

I was driving home from work a few weeks ago, and an aurion caught my eye. It was a gold SX6, again though what took me by surprise was it also was an unmarked car with someone on the side of the road. I've also seen a black 380 vrx here on the coast too.

When my brother was considering buying the 380, the guy told us QLD police had just purchased a fleet of them. I guess there getting a real variety, and taking everyone by surprise.

In the Brisbane Bayside area (Alexandra Hills to be exact), a white or silver Aurion (SX6 or ZR6) pulled over a VS Ute.

That's adding to the dark blue 380 VRX and grey Accord Euro I've seen that strike me as out of the ordinary up here in Queensland (down in Melbourne the Police had a much more varied fleet).