WARNING: AURION DRIVERS ARE....

azndragon168

all these coppers in "normal cars" are probably on there way home or something. & some fool comes speeding past them.

so what do they do put there little cops lights up from under the seat and give chase

• 2 weeks later...

I think they're all current models, thought it might take a few months to upgrade.

Was driving home on the eastern freeway this afternoon, around around 5 when all the traffic in the fast lane went from 110 down to almost walking pace, with some cars swerving in to the emergency lane. Few moments later saw a semi trailer stopped in the emergency lane, which soon revealed a Cyber Green ZR6/SX6 complete with flashing lights. The officer's uniform, also seemed a bit green. The car looked good though :D

Edited by Cosmo

saw on the news the nsw police bought a lotus exige

funny thing was they had to mention how it was more efficient on fuel lol

like they care.

Saw it stopped on the M5.

It was stopping a semi trailer.

1 of the cops was in it when I went past, and it looked extremely small, and dangerous.

Would interest some poeple into the police force anyway <_<

Kingsgrove, Sydney. i saw a fully kitted Mazda MPS outside the cop station. They are sure extending to cars other than the falcon and commodore. Camry/Aurion and 380 are pretty common now, although i've only seen them at a scene when something major has occurred. Seems more like a pool car

• 1 year later...
I think they're all current models, thought it might take a few months to upgrade.

Was driving home on the eastern freeway this afternoon, around around 5 when all the traffic in the fast lane went from 110 down to almost walking pace, with some cars swerving in to the emergency lane. Few moments later saw a semi trailer stopped in the emergency lane, which soon revealed a Cyber Green ZR6/SX6 complete with flashing lights. The officer's uniform, also seemed a bit green. The car looked good though :D

That would have been a VicRoads enforcement officer in an unmarked car. TSS officers have much the same powers as cops with traffic and keep the truckies in line.

The difference between cop cars and VicRoads car is that VicRoads uses twin magenta (redish/pinkish color) lights rather than red and blue. and rather than having alternating headlights and reverse lights they drill strobe lights into the headlights and tailights which give a brilliant bright flash like what F1 pace cars have.

They carry radars and scales that can weigh trucks anywhere. Other vehicles they use are Territories, commo SV6 utes, falcon utes, seen an FG XR6 the other day and the lights are usually behind the front grill, not on the dash like cops.

That would have been a VicRoads enforcement officer in an unmarked car. TSS officers have much the same powers as cops with traffic and keep the truckies in line.

The difference between cop cars and VicRoads car is that VicRoads uses twin magenta (redish/pinkish color) lights rather than red and blue. and rather than having alternating headlights and reverse lights they drill strobe lights into the headlights and tailights which give a brilliant bright flash like what F1 pace cars have.

They carry radars and scales that can weigh trucks anywhere. Other vehicles they use are Territories, commo SV6 utes, falcon utes, seen an FG XR6 the other day and the lights are usually behind the front grill, not on the dash like cops.

Yes well, the QLD police are selling their Aurions... http://www.graysonline.com.au/sale.asp?SALE_ID=70340

Need advice on how to handle cops? See below.

Hyundai Excel in Werribee, Victoria

ROFL!@#

Wtf is that gonna do.

That is going to collect a shed load of revenue, from unsuspecting drivers that think LEO's all drive performance vehicles.

they're sneaky buggers. In the Yarra Valley region the bike LEO's have a few "normal" bikes with cameras on the front. They catch you in the twisties, and ride as fast as you do, filming the lot. When you pull over, so do they..."hey buddy, come and have a look at this vid"...it'll cost you $... or license, and maybe an impound of the vehicle, depending on your speed.

Edited by boxerboy

The fog light law doesn’t apply in QLD as such. Because the requirements of Queensland Transport state...a fog light emits yellow light. A pure white light isnt a fog light and is classed as a driving light... which is ok.

lol i saw a green 200sx that was a cop car, and on same day, i saw an old r32 skyline .. cops car aswell :P

I "heard" eastern state police swap impound (to be crushed cars) between states and use them as unmarked police cars. Hence the odd and inconsistent stories of different unmarked or undercover police cars.

These cars aren't around long enough for people to catch on to what's happening or which cars to look out for. The dodgy rice cars police use are crushed shortly after catching unsuspecting street racers.

Fight the police scams people...

Edited by Stealth

QPS use an extensive range of cars from the regular (and obvious) Ford and Holden unmarkeds -Traffic seem to prefer SS's in that type to current VE Maloo ute,Hummers,Honda Accords,Aurion (all-spec),Mitsy 380's and also there are a few confirmed 08 Mistubishi Lancers being used for unmarked duties.

The fog light law doesn’t apply in QLD as such. Because the requirements of Queensland Transport state...a fog light emits yellow light. A pure white light isnt a fog light and is classed as a driving light... which is ok.

right...that is just great

and I was just gonna say should be even more strict about it

since, from the little of Brisbane I saw, Brisbane uses the yellow fog-type street lights anyway

so even less excuse

I just love how hoon drivers think they are the one and only problem for police, thus justifying the use of weird models of cars. If they were using such cars I doubt it would be purely for pulling over **** drivers, more like covert work. If a traffic cop wanted to he could find an infringement every 22 seconds in a marked car just sitting on the side of a road in the right place. They aren't going to hunt around for the ultimate sneaky car to pull over two 18 year olds in one night for doing a line lock.

The following I have seen:

-Red Dodge Viper marked

-GTO yellow marked

-All sorts of vans

-A few light trucks

-Unmarked divvy (looked weird)

-Marked VL Commo in Chapel Street (in 1986)

G'day guys and gals, new to the forum.

On the Gold Coast at Helensvale (near Movieworld) I saw an unmarked Chrysler 300C (Black) pulling over a work ute on the M1 all lights flashing. At the local cop shop at Coomera, they have Prado's, SS Ute's and a ZR6 exact same colour as mine without tinted windows. They are also getting out on the dirt bikes and nabbing all the rec riders in the hills.

On a recent trip to Melbourne near Tullamarine Airport, I saw an R1 (unmarked) pulling some ****** over. Then I quickly became a ****** when i got a red light ticket at the set of lights just as you turn into the parking lots at the airport.

Gotta be careful...

I usually do a double-take when there is a late model car with an extra antenna as there's a high chance of them being unmarked. The cop is usually in uniform though. wierd how this guy was in plain clothes.