Bucket Seats

JAZE55

Just wondering how many corolla owners have changed their stock seats for aftermarket items. Stock seats do not hold you down at all. I can source 2nd hand seats quite cheap, similar to Integra Type R Recaros. How much is it to make some mounts for the seats to fit the corolla???

Edited by JAZE55

cost of rails depends on what method is used to make them.

You can cut the rails from a set of factory seats and use that as the foundation for the custom rails, that's one of the easiest ways to get them engineered.

Or you can buy a set of rails pre-made from recaro, bride etc.

Or you can modify a set of "universal" rails, this is the hardest to get engineered.

I personally like the Bride GIAS seats, plenty of support available in a recliner: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786216

Too bad they cost so much and are not adr approved.

Edited by rollamods

Those seats are SEX, but damn expensive.

Im just sick of moving around while cornering in the stock seats atm. Im guessing most aftermarket seats in Australia are not ADR approved. That would become an issue in an acident. Maybe have to rethink this.

Thnx rollamods for the information

Actually most the common aftermarket seats sold in Australia are ADR compliant.

As far as mount go. Head to a wrecker and pull the rails out of a crashed 1ZZ-FE and get them modified to fit the seats.

That way you don't ruin the stock ones in case you wish to put them back in at any point, like to sell the car or anything like that.

Actually most the common aftermarket seats sold in Australia are ADR compliant.

As far as mount go. Head to a wrecker and pull the rails out of a crashed 1ZZ-FE and get them modified to fit the seats.

That way you don't ruin the stock ones in case you wish to put them back in at any point, like to sell the car or anything like that.

Be aware that "ADR Compliant" and "ADR Approved" are two totally different things.

If the seat doesn't have the ADR approval number on it, then you're stuffed.

Autobarn like to advertise their "Drift" brand seats as ADR compliant, but they weren't "approved" the last time I checked..

Their "Kevlar" buckets wont pass adr due to the lack of impact protection for the occupants of the rear seat.

what do u want bucket seats for? my mate has a integra type S and the seats arent even bucket and theyre leather, just do what he does. when u take hard corners just steer with the left hand and brace yourself by holding onto the door with the right hand

problem solved

A few melbournites down here have bucket seats installed in their stivos . I had one, once upon a time.

*harp music* *flash back splash back ground*

:toast:

Bride Bucket seat made for EVO

but i went to car shop and got the whole seat (wouldn't sell me just rails) for -$90 :rolleyes:

Then i went to an Auto trimmer dude and he fixed it up -$120

Then i just went around corners like mad :clap:

... ... yes .. i missed the 'Engineered' bit. He did use High Tensile bolts and stuff,.. i just didn't get time to go about it. But soon enough my a55 started to be shaped like a baboon on 3hr journeys and enough was enough :(

Hope the flash back helps :toast: If you can get it all fixed up and legit, then your laughing :D

I have a DC2R recaro going into my sportivo in few weeks, just waiting on a rail. I find the sportivo seat to be unsupportive, hence the recaro. As far as i know dc2r recaros are both adr complianced and approved.

Edited by ar44

I dunno bout you guys but if you guys are complaining about the ascent or conquest seats well they have NOO bucket at all but the sportivo(havent been in 2 many but from memory) and Levin seats have some bucket to them

I dunno maybe because im a big C@nt and my a$$ fits the chair nice and snug i dont have to much of an issue with my a$$ flying around when hammering corners my back isnt all that supported as it hangs over the bucket part of the back rest of the seat ;) guess their is a down side of being very broad in your shoulders but i still dont feel i swerve that much to complain so it isnt to much of a hassle

Ever since i have installed my Cusco zero 2's front rear and bottom strut bars i havent been for a real long twisties run so i cant comment on super fast corners but i have given it enough round some twisties to know it holds its own round hard corners and i dont go smashing into the door or centre console lol :D

Yeah they have a little bucket to them but thats all. When i get onto the highway and giving it some on the onramp my face is like on the side of the window.........a bit exagerated but you know what i mean :P :P :P .

With reclinable seats like the recaro will we have a problem seeing over the dash, as our stock seats are bloody high up comapred to all my mates hondas. Or can we get raised rails...

the height of the seat will depend on what you do for rails.

The recaro's Shao had in his car were pretty high due to the adaptors that were made to mount the seat to the stock rails.

I dunno bout you guys but if you guys are complaining about the ascent or conquest seats well they have NOO bucket at all but the sportivo(havent been in 2 many but from memory) and Levin seats have some bucket to them

I dunno maybe because im a big C@nt and my a$$ fits the chair nice and snug i dont have to much of an issue with my a$$ flying around when hammering corners my back isnt all that supported as it hangs over the bucket part of the back rest of the seat ;) guess their is a down side of being very broad in your shoulders but i still dont feel i swerve that much to complain so it isnt to much of a hassle

Ever since i have installed my Cusco zero 2's front rear and bottom strut bars i havent been for a real long twisties run so i cant comment on super fast corners but i have given it enough round some twisties to know it holds its own round hard corners and i dont go smashing into the door or centre console lol :D

that's more of an issue of leather vs cloth/velour anyway... Leather loses...

Guest JDM y0 !

but i went to car shop and got the whole seat (wouldn't sell me just rails) for -$90 :rolleyes:

:D

you bought a bride seat and rails for 90 ??? :o super bargain man. how did you get such a good price ??

im running a black recaro reclinable (same shape as whats used in evo im pretty sure its like sr3 or something) as my drivers and a ****ty red copy recaro passenger seat lol, super missmatched dorfito stylez y000 !!! lolz. my drivers seat is on a nice low rail, passenger is an ae86 rail made to fit the other seat and sits proberly standard hight.... wouldnt know as i dont sit int the passenger seat.

bucket seats for the win. cornering becomes a lot more fun and comfortable.

you bought a bride seat and rails for 90 ??? :o super bargain man. how did you get such a good price ??

im running a black recaro reclinable (same shape as whats used in evo im pretty sure its like sr3 or something) as my drivers and a ****ty red copy recaro passenger seat lol, super missmatched dorfito stylez y000 !!! lolz. my drivers seat is on a nice low rail, passenger is an ae86 rail made to fit the other seat and sits proberly standard hight.... wouldnt know as i dont sit int the passenger seat.

lmao me and my freinds were in front of ur car the other night and saying that red ones a fake but the black one is real LOL :lol:

Nar nar i spent around 350 all up inclusive of parts/labour etc. LOL@ ur dorfitio styles!

:D Bucket seats FTW!! B) I reckon everyone should experience it ... especaiilly the "OMG i look like a complete tool and a babboon when i get out each time" HAHAHA :toast: But i must say, it looks pretty hard core to have one bucket seat and a normal driver's seat :D

im still looking for aa dc2R or a dc5R recaro seat for my car fark talk about me drifting in my car :ph34r: lol im the one thats drifting in my car LOL but yer i got in and out from a recaro dc2R LMAO i had to tech roll out :lol:

i had recaros in my civic before, they awesome for corners.

i ended up selling the car and i turned them into office chairs. im sitting on one now =P.

i reckon the stock sportivo ones are good enough, already a mild sports type bucket seat. enough for what the car was designed for.

Edited by izzy

i had recaros in my civic before, they awesome for corners.

i ended up selling the car and i turned them into office chairs. im sitting on one now =P.

i reckon the stock sportivo ones are good enough, already a mild sports type bucket seat. enough for what the car was designed for.

no way man >_< they are made to hold me when im fanging it around a corner LOL it doesnt HOLD at all >_< :lol:

wow there awsome >_< do u still have the car and seats or is that northys car now?? i think he brought that car off u i heard it somwhere i think :lol: