Zeinheiger's Aurion Sportivo '08

Zeinheiger

Holy crap that's some skill. That's some nice work there.

Cheers man

Thumbs up bro.. Sick lookin Aurion..

Add slimline weather shield.. Gonna look sicker with that...

Might do that, I wonder how they'd look colour coded... Would it be too much blue though? I'll have to whip something up

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah go with the slime line weather sheilds, they look much nicer than the full size ones and set Aurion on very nicely.

Make sure you get the ones that are extra slimy :lol:.

dude you drunk again haha there is only two sizes available? full size and slimline :)

Whilst you guys were arguing over which slime is the best, I whipped up a rear view as well... I had rendered some slimy weather shields, but they came out horrible, so I just deleted them

toyota_aurion_sportivo_rear_by_dazza_mate-d38lwll.jpg

The mods I have in mind are actually pretty simple, but effective, I would like to remove the current sportivo spoiler and get a Camry sportivo spoiler, modify it to fit, maybe fiberglass it to make it a little bigger (Mostly wider). Also a low profile rear window spoiler (If they exist for the Aurion, if not, custom make one), tinted tails, lower, rims, eyelids and grille... And that's about it.

Also think it's time to change my sig

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :) :) :) your pretty handy with that cartoon images good work :)

& yes there is a rear window spoiler available for Aurion and i think you would be the first to fit one too.

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :) :) :) your pretty handy with that cartoon images good work :)

& yes there is a rear window spoiler available for Aurion and i think you would be the first to fit one too.

Yeah I dabble in the car renderings, been doing it for a while... Can only seem to work with cars, can't seem to draw/render anything else

Ah wicked, i haven't bothered to look up the window spoiler, it just sort of came to mind when I was drawing and I thought, wow Aurions have a big rear window, then I thought that would look appropriate...

I'll be on the search for one cheap now

Man I can't get over your Car renderings!

And what are the odds of you finding me on DeviantART seriously haha. I know it wouldn't be much different but i'd love for you try a render of my aurion with the gold paint. my friend tried and its very hard to get the gold right. :P

Still loving your ideas though!

No No.. He won't be the 1st one.. :P :D

Mate, you have a sportivo and we have exactly the same mods list, except mine has a lot minor ones.. Hahah..

You can check on how it looks on a black car on my ride. Won't be as visible as in blues, but you get the picture.

Man I can't get over your Car renderings!

And what are the odds of you finding me on DeviantART seriously haha. I know it wouldn't be much different but i'd love for you try a render of my aurion with the gold paint. my friend tried and its very hard to get the gold right. :P

Still loving your ideas though!

Cheers man, I was just browsing through, typed in Aurion, saw a really nice gold one and thought it looked familiar :)

I'd give a crack at it mate, but honestly I do put quite a bit of time and effort into my renderings, sometimes 8+ hours... Plus I do get asked to do them quite alot. I even say no to my mates, we'll see about it, but not anytime soon, I might give it a go one day, but I won't make any promises

No No.. He won't be the 1st one.. :P :D

Mate, you have a sportivo and we have exactly the same mods list, except mine has a lot minor ones.. Hahah..

You can check on how it looks on a black car on my ride. Won't be as visible as in blues, but you get the picture.

Mate your car is the tits, honestly, I can't think of anything i don't like about it, had a read through your build, I definitely wanna do the ducktail as well, I also want to custom fiberglass it to make it a little bigger... Shame about your first set of rims though, that sucks

I love the pics of the car you've done and can't wait to see the finished product :D Will be watching this thread to see what mods come next laugh.gif

Cheers mate, I actually just finished my first mod today... If you count debadging, then this is my second B)

Took off this bad boy

87476724.jpg

Fairly easy to do...

1 Clip+1 Nut (Each side)

33340548.jpg

Unfortunately I lack the tools to remove this nut properly, as I have extremely little room to work with, I could not fit a spanner in there and my sockets were too short, as seen in below pic, 10mm nut I'm pretty sure

24129731.jpg

Luckily I'm a smart cookie and decided to improvise, it worked very well, grip and twist, I used the same technique on replacing a mates spark plugs in his old Honda civic a few years back

95327963.jpg

This was a bitch to get off, it's basically a gasket, but it's stuck on there real good

82487307.jpg

After a bit of swearing and worn down fingernails, I got a lot of the gunk off, put some various sized grommets in the holes, bit of silicone helped a bit, will help stop any water leaking into the boot, the grommets stick out a bit now, but I plan to sand them down and paint them body colour, more cleaner look

11743438.jpg

I think it looks alright, needs the ducktail

65559110.jpg

And a profile shot, looking at this particular shot makes me realise how bad it needs a tint, I'm low on cash until I sell my Bimmer though, once that's sold I can make a bit more progress

78693721.jpg

Also, didn't realise how much difference the weight of the spoiler made to the automatic boot system, I took a video, I think I could easily launch small children off this

Just be aware that now you have removed the third brake light the vehicle can be defected, and in the case of a rear end collision the insurance companies can possibly void any claim. I think the ATX or other non-spoiler Aurions had a rear window brake light in order to meet this design rule. However I'm not 100% on this if anyone else can provide any info?

Otherwise she's looking pretty good. Agreed though now it needs a ducktail to balance things a bit.

Just be aware that now you have removed the third brake light the vehicle can be defected, and in the case of a rear end collision the insurance companies can possibly void any claim. I think the ATX or other non-spoiler Aurions had a rear window brake light in order to meet this design rule. However I'm not 100% on this if anyone else can provide any info?

Otherwise she's looking pretty good. Agreed though now it needs a ducktail to balance things a bit.

I didn't know about that, I will look into getting the rear window brake light

Steven brings up a very good point, but probabley wouldnt be the hardest thing to get around, just gttign it to look stock could be the trickest part.

Far out that boot fair flys up with out the extra slight weight of the Spoiler sitting on it's edge, guess that's why that boot lid spring isnt standard across the range

Have you thought about incorporating a brake LED into the ducktail ?

You wouldn't have to re-route the existing cable.

Have you thought about incorporating a brake LED into the ducktail ?

You wouldn't have to re-route the existing cable.

Well, I just did this just now, double sided tape to the underside of the LED lights from the spoiler and routed them into the rear parcel shelf, easy enough, works great too, should keep me out of trouble for a bit. until I find a decent solution. I don't think the cops will be looking hard into the back windows of cars to make sure they have the correct fitted 3rd brake light installed, and even then, I now have a working 3rd brake light, so I'm confident I won't get any problems....

Just been flicking through the ADR's regarding 3rd brake light, it is mandatory on cars made after 1986, if the light is mounted inside the car, it must face rearward (Obviously)... Also something about driver glare from the rearview mirror must be kept low, and there is an actual formula to follow on how much light is legally allowed to glare through the rear vision mirror into the drivers eyes, I have no idea how to measure it, but from inside the car, I waited till dark and I can see out the rear window fine with the brakes on, I only see a bit of light, but it's not much at all, certainly not enough to stop me seeing outside... Just a temporary thing until I work out whether to integrate one into the ducktail or get some sort of understanding of how the AT-X lights work... Speaking of which, can anyone please share a pic of the ATX/Presara 3rd brake light??? One from outside the car, one from inside, is it paired with the rear parcel shelf? Or is it added onto it? I have a neighbour with a Presara but I really don't wanna be seen peeping into someones car, might look like i'm upto something shifty...

aasasasasasasasasasasa.jpg

93223276.png

Also on another note, I'm getting the resonator removed tomorrow arvo, I'm kinda unsure of how this will turn out, some cars sound amazing without the res, some sound horrible... Will post a vid of the before/after res delete sound, cheers

Also on another note, I'm getting the resonator removed tomorrow arvo, I'm kinda unsure of how this will turn out, some cars sound amazing without the res, some sound horrible... Will post a vid of the before/after res delete sound, cheers

Where bouts you getting that done?

Sunbury Performance and Exhaust, they did my brakes and suspension for my bmw, they do a top job, so i'd always go with them

Sunbury Performance and Exhaust, they did my brakes and suspension for my bmw, they do a top job, so i'd always go with them

That the one on the corner of the roundabout with IGA on the other side of the roundabout? If that's the one that's where I got my rear mufflers done. They also did my old corolla.

That the one on the corner of the roundabout with IGA on the other side of the roundabout? If that's the one that's where I got my rear mufflers done. They also did my old corolla.

Yeah that's the place!

I was talking to the guy in there, he actually mentioned he rarely see's Aurions come in, he did mention doing a muffler swap to "Supercats" or something like that, then the customer came back and got them changed over to another performance muffler because they didn't like the drone... Was that you by any chance?

Yeah that's the place!

I was talking to the guy in there, he actually mentioned he rarely see's Aurions come in, he did mention doing a muffler swap to "Supercats" or something like that, then the customer came back and got them changed over to another performance muffler because they didn't like the drone... Was that you by any chance?

That was me.

Kinda got the story wrong a bit tho. Initially I just removed mufflers and went straight pipe. Sounded GREAT but the drone was horrible. Then I swapped them out for supercats which sounded a bit softer but the drone wasn't as bad so I went with that.