Lowering my car

svk

Hi I want to lower my corolla with king superlows or lows front and superlows back. Is it essential to have short strokes with superlows? I heard from someone when they had superlows with the stock shockers, going over the speed hump a little too quick his springs popped out. Just a little worry.

From your experience is it fine to have superlows with your stock shockers?

Cheers.

YEA NO WORRIES. i got superlows on my facelift stivo. the other day i accidently flew over a pedestrian crossing. luckily it wasnt too high.i braked really hard and as soon as i got to it i let go of the brakes. cause when you brake really hard the front end is closer to the ground. luckily the car didnt scrape at all and my springs are still in there places. i flew over the speed hump at about 60kmh

go with either 35mm all round or 50mm all round. The car 'will' look like Amanda Vanstone is sitting in the back of your car if you have lows front and superlows back. It'll also handle like a boat in a tsunami.

:lol:

The Springs wont pop out but the stock shockers aren't suited to the shorter springs so the ride/handling is less controlled and they will wear out quicker. But it also depends how you drive.

• 1 month later...
So how should we drive and at the same time try and maintain the stock shocks?

Take it easy on those speed humps. Go 10km/h if they have a 20km/h sign. Go 5 km/h if you have to. Screw the cars behind you if they get mad (not literally though).

Avoid driving on those damn tram tracks if you're from Melbourne.

And take it easy with those bends.

My standard shocks lasted me a good 18 months.

Just replaced them with KYB shocks last month :D

Take it easy on those speed humps. Go 10km/h if they have a 20km/h sign. Go 5 km/h if you have to. Screw the cars behind you if they get mad (not literally though).

So basically we have to drive really really really slow??? =( Like REAL SLOW...thats not much fun then =(

So basically we have to drive really really really slow??? =( Like REAL SLOW...thats not much fun then =(

You can still drive like normal but just be a little more careful with rough uneven surface. Going over bumps at 5/10kmph is no issues because you can always accelerate more once you clear the bumps, thus making up for the lost time. Even if your car isnt lowered or anything you should still drive slowly over those bumps.

Just on speed humps and really bumpy roads as mentioned by elmo (if you want longer lasting shocks). Otherwise, just drive normally man.

How much did they cost you sportiyo if you don't mind me asking?

i got ripped off,but i didnt want to goto city to do it, i paid $1300 installed, i got my own spring, but some one mentioned that u can get them for 1100 installed

BTW city suspension in melb quoted me 1500 installed!!!!! very hard to find an honest workshop these days

I reckon check out eBay first as I've seen them being sold there way cheaper than retail. I asked at Repco one day, they do sell them, I don't remember the exact price I just remember it being TOO MUCH. Also I guess most suspension places would sell/install them too. Probably shop around they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Here are the numbers:

King Springs Low Front: KTFL-105

King Springs Low Rear: KTRL-106

King Springs Standard Rear: KTRS-106

King Springs Super Low Front: KTFL-105SL

King Springs Super Low Rear: KTRL-106SL

I asked a place donellans b4 and they said they were doing the tein super street for around 2050 installed.

But only after i have ordered my D2 coil overs, which cost me $1400 installed.

I have very happy with the D2s, and the street version is quite comfortable.

Obviously not as comfortable as koni yellows, but its good enough.