Wheel alignment specs

Howard

What year is your car?

He's got a 2007 Aurion Touring.

Yep thats the one.

Also the tyres I got are Toyo MP4 fitted at Tyre Power in Reservoir. Paid $175 per tyre. There was no Proxies 4s at 217/60R16. I was hasitating between Pirelli P7 or Toyos. So far I'm happy. They are quiet and have decent grip. Will see how they perform after few kms.

Edited by czaja74

... I hope that put in a metal pipe too instead of plastic.

RICE RACING in the Kluger forum had a hell experience trying to get them to use the metal pipe and in the end they just gave him the metal pipe and told him that he would have to fit it himself.

I would imagine they are going to use the rubber replacement for you unless you purchase it yourself.

Oh okay well I guess you struck lucky. My car steers to the left and its a known problem. So hopefully the dealer will fix it when I take it in next month, I hope that put in a metal pipe too instead of plastic.

Got my dealer to install metal pipe. I paid $41 for the part and $180 for the labour. Now I can sleep/drive without worrying about pipe rapture or warranty issues. $220 is not as good as warranty fix but not the end of the world.

I don't mind having the plastic. As long as it really is an "upgraded/better" version of the current pipe. I would just like to have the metal pipe for the piece of mind.

So far I've done 60K and nothing has happened. And I'm sure that there are many Aurion owners in Australia that have done many more and nothing has happened or out of luck nothing will even happen.

There were few cases in America but yet to see any in Australia.

Edited by unique

• 1 month later...

Hey all

I thought i would book my aurion in at Toyota so they could check the wheel alignment and try to get camber pins installed under warranty, what a big time fail..........

Response from them......

Car is only abit over 2 years old i don't think there will be a warranty issue

We have never seen any aurions which pull left when i asked the question.

it is most likely a tyre wear issue which is causing it to pull

In order for them to find out whether there is actually an issue, they would have had to swap all the tyres around and then start removing the rubber and placing them on different tyres, in which isn't covered by warranty so that would probably cost a fair bit.........

plan is to weight till i need 4 new tyres then get a wheel alignment then take it back to them, my concern is by that time the car will be out of warranty and i'll just get the fulcrum part added...

• 4 weeks later...
Heh, I thought it was a wheel alignment issue. Me and my dad have both noticed that pull to the left. My dad drove it and noticed it without even me saying anything.

Its not a huge pull(if it was it would have obviously been a big pull to the left which would obviously be an alignment issue) but its a very faint pull to the left which the car starts moving left on a dead straight road.

I need to take the car in for the Oil Line change and will ask about the pull to the left. If they deny anything I swear I'll pull out my iphone, go onto this thread and make them read. :whistling:

Just letting you know I had mine fixed by Fulcrum. They replaced the bushes, cost me around $540 but the car drive perfectly and I no longer have to drive with my steering wheel tilted to the right.

cheers

Just out of curiosity, how often does everyone around here get a wheel alignment?

I've had my wheels and tires for 6 months (unknown Ks, I should have written it down on the receipt) and I'm thinking a $50 alignment might be in order considering tires are so expensive.

Just out of curiosity, how often does everyone around here get a wheel alignment?

I've had my wheels and tires for 6 months (unknown Ks, I should have written it down on the receipt) and I'm thinking a $50 alignment might be in order considering tires are so expensive.

I did my wheel alignment and tyre rotation every 10,000km..

I get one every 6mths or so...in saying that i've had 3 in 3mths due to coilovers,new wheels and castor kit.$50 is very cheap for a 4 wheel alignment,i thought my price of $80 was good.

Hey guys.

I took my car to Toyota to check this pulling to the left issue and the bastards are actually telling me it's because of my tires lol. OK, My left front tire needs replacing "right one is the spare" but the issue was there at like 10K Kilometers and i know for a fact many people are having this issue, this thread is proof!

They said they did wheel alignment and stuff but i heard that before, won't do jack.

I requested that they'd let me speak to somebody when i come and pick up the car. Worst case scenario ill just show the guy this thread LOL.

Alright i know the answers are in this thread but if somebody could help me out with what i should say to this guy so they know the issue, I'd appreciate it. Soon too because ill be going today! lol.

It's a bit confusing for me so i need it put in a nutshell >.< Anything would be appreciated.

I don't want to pay for this myself when Toyota might fix it for me for FREE.

Thanks in advance!

Pointing to this thread may not necessarily help. I tried it with one of the dealers before I went to fix it myself and they were saying things along the lines of "don't believe what you read on the internet". It's not actually a 'published' issue that they have as far as I'm aware so they won't fix it unless it gets to that point.

When it gets to that point, you would have wasted quite a bit of time with them I would imagine. Just keep annoying them I guess.

Another thing to be aware of is that this Superpro Bushing kit that is being fitted is an Australian made product. This would mean you would have to get the part imported there etc. I believe Tein make a similar one as well though, but once again, they would have to source it first.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

First post.

I just bought (last friday) a used 07 Sportivo for the missus and it displays the pull left symptom. I'm glad I found this forum, as it's already been a great resource. Also a bit dissapointing to point out the fundamental flaws of the car, but they are minor in my view.

Anyway, has anyone got the wheel alignment specs for use with the Super Pro castor kit or does it just allow the standard w/a specs to be used?

Has anyone fitted the bushes themselves? I take it they have to be pressed in a certain orientation to move the whole control arm forward. Would only one side need to be done as only one side sits forward? They other side would use the stock centred bush (or poly one if you wanted poly on both sides). Hope my understanding of it is correct.

The car is still under extended warranty, but 1) I'd like to be a bit more knowledgeable about the problem before I hit Toyota up, 2) I might just do the fitting myself and take it somewhere to get aligned.

I saw someone mention Wholesale Suspension as a shop to fix the problem in Sydney. Any feedback for them? I don't live far from them.

I'll have to do an intro once I get a bit more familiar with the car.

I had new tyres fitted and all 4 wheels aligned. Well pul to the left. Took it back to tyre shop and hadit realigned. No difference. Took it to the dealer. They aligned it and over a month later car goes straight.

Yeah, I'd want to make sure the fix was a "proper" fix and not just tweak the alignment to mask the issue. As with some others in this thread, I don't believe the answer to be camber adjustment - that will just lead to irregular tyre wear and increased fuel consumption. I may well be talking out of my ar$e.

Yeah, I'd want to make sure the fix was a "proper" fix and not just tweak the alignment to mask the issue. As with some others in this thread, I don't believe the answer to be camber adjustment - that will just lead to irregular tyre wear and increased fuel consumption. I may well be talking out of my ar$e.

That what I thought... but then you might not have a problem and it might be a mater of wheel aligment. Then if it still no good you will know for sure that there is a problm.

That's true.

The car also needs the wheels balanced because it shakes at 120-something.

Maybe as a first step, I'll take it to Toyota to get a balance/rotation/WA and mention the problem. Get before and after WA measurements (guaranteed they will "forget" to write down before measurements), and bring it back after a few days because it still pulls to the left. Always the optimist :lol:

Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't mention the problem and see if the wheel alignment does anything.

Just explain symptoms but dont say anything else. Let them fix it and if still no good take it back and complain. That what I wanted to do but then issue was gone.

Sorry if this has been answered (i didn't have enough time to read all posts). Has anyone had the camber bolts replaced ?. With genuine parts.

at my work we have a 4 wheel alignment machine. we remove 1 camber bolt from each side and replace them with ones from a camry. This gives a few more mm to play with in the camber. You are them able to pull 1 side out and the other side in to adjust the camber so the vehicle will drive straight. I did this to my own Aurion last year at about 18000klms. In my understanding toyota will pay for it if its under 30000klm ????.

a lot of dealers sublet their wheel alignments and i think are not interested as their techs don't get right into specs on w/a. They cant make money on a sublet under warranty.

p.s. dont expect to get warranty on an after market part fitment.

i got use to the pulling left issue... lol

is the alignment specs several pages before the correct specs to prevent the turn left issue in the stock car or you can only use that spec once you buy/install new brushes?

i got use to the pulling left issue... lol

is the alignment specs several pages before the correct specs to prevent the turn left issue in the stock car or you can only use that spec once you buy/install new brushes?

One thing you need to be aware of is that there is no exact wheel alignment specification that will work perfectly on ALL cars. Every car (including those of the same model) can have different wheel alignment specifications. This is because of the variances that may exist between all steering/driveline components.